Irvine Cottages 10

24332 Spartan, Mission Viejo, CA, 92691

Contact Now

Reviews of Irvine Cottages 10

randym January 11, 2016

I have been visiting my friend Jean at the cottage for over a year.. I'm Happy of the care from the dedicated staff that is lead by Jeany and Nap.. They always make me feel so welcomed and always update me on matters concerning Jean which I appreciate. The Cottage is always clean and spotless and Jeanys cooking always smells so good it makes me hungry. Jeany and Nap are the best caregivers I have come across in my 25 years of Healthcare.. They always exibit positive energy with laughter and fun. I'm proud to be able to consider Jeany and Nap my good friends.

What a nice description of Our staff at cottage 10! I could not agree any more! Thanks so much for appreciating them! Best- Jacqueline

Suzanne Hrudka Trimble January 10, 2016

Irvine Cottages #10: My Dad has been there less than a year, and he just loves the care and THE FOOD, is fantastic he says. Jeany C. is his caretaker. I have only met her once in person on a trip out to California (I live in Texas), but she is always happy and gracious when she answers the phone. Jeany keeps me posted on all his medicinal needs and she is such a sweetheart. What was really sweet: the day I came to visit from Texas was her day off and she stayed to meet/greet me.

Jeany called me one day and said my Dad needed pajamas and she went out and bought him some (I reimbursed) Then, I was in Texas and it was Christmas. Other residents had visitors, and Jeany kept my Dad company, as family, so he would not be lonely and alone on Christmas Day!

By the way, my Dad just raves about the food!!! He says it is great every single day (and he used to be a chef!).

Always get text messages/information, etc. right away. Cottage #10 is great and I don't have to worry about my father being taken care of.

Thank you so much. You all came highly recommended from a friend of mine. Suzanne T. for Joe H. Cottage #10, Irvine Cottages

Wow! Thank You so much for that amazing review! I agree! I adore them too! Best-- Jacqueline

The Hiebert Family January 08, 2016

When my father-in-law became wheelchair bound and incontinent, my wife and I needed to find a good new home quickly for him since we both work full time and are busy raising 3 school age children. We were so fortunate to find such a great home with great caretakers and fellow residents. He is happier than he was when he was in his own home and now has his diabetes under control since he has delicious healthy meals. They have regular activities that keep the residents minds active. He loves sitting outdoors in the beautiful backyard and it is a great place to visit with him. We are always welcome to stop by anytime to visit, which we do often and find the care exceptional. .

Karen Magnus January 06, 2016

It was a hard decision to put my Mom in assisted living but after taking care of her for over a year I realized that I was not equipped to do so. Cottage 10 is the perfect place for my Mom. Jeany and Nap are very warm and caring. She is happy and content and participates in all the activities provided. There is an activity every day that the residents can participate in. Jeany and Nap are very attentive to all the residents. I feel very comfortable and blessed to have them caring for my Mom.

Dear Karen, Thank you so much for your lovely review! We will thank all the staff at cottage 10! They are just like you said, so kind and attentive! You are so kind to be so appreciative :) Hugs- Jacqueline

From Irvine Cottages 10

Welcome to Irvine Cottages

Compassionate Assisted Living in a Cottage Setting & Exceptional Care

About us

Irvine Cottages is dedicated to providing compassionate and loving care to all of our residents. We offer memory care well above expected standards to provide families with peace of mind and to give our residents the highest quality of life.

We Specialize In:

• Dementia, Alzheimer's Disease and Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI)
  • Parkinson's Disease, Lewy Body Dementia
  • Diabetes/Nephrology
  • Hospice Care, including continuous care and a dedicated hospice program with one on-site hospice team

What Sets Irvine Cottages Apart?

There are many choices for a family to consider when looking for assisted living, and especially memory care. Irvine Cottages is a strong supporter of the idea, "Smaller is better." We believe that the intimacy we offer, along with the consistency of staffing in a small environment (no more than six residents maximum), makes Irvine Cottages feel like a familiar place for your loved ones -- just like the home they grew up in. A large or hotel-like facility may overwhelm a person with memory loss and lead to more confusion due to overstimulation. We find older adults with memory loss adapt quickly to the new, loving environment in our Cottages.

In everything we do one question is always on our minds, "How do we make life comfortable, safe and enjoyable for those whose care has been entrusted to us?" Safety, security, appropriate-level cognitive care and a comprehensive activities program all improve the day-to-day lives of our residents. We are the only facility in the State of California to have a comprehensive camera monitoring program in all bedrooms of the facility. Your loved one's safety and your peace of mind are our main concerns.

Currently we have two nurses on staff who visit residents daily. We also have medication technicians, social service directors, maintenance staff, and other professionals who give the best care possible. We have the lowest caregiver staff turnover reported in the area. On average the House Managers have been employed for five years or more. Our caregivers provide compassionate and intelligent care for all.

Boredom in a small board and care can be an issue, but not at the Cottages. We provide: Music Therapy two to three days a week, Art Therapy once a week, daily Karaoke, game time, outings, gardening, massage therapy, and even aromatherapy. Group or individual exercise activities occur at 10:00 am every day, so all of our residents know what to expect.

An older adult with memory loss has a lot to deal with during their transition to a new home, such as experiencing a new environment, meeting new people, or finding the bathroom. Therefore, for the first three days, we offer a "friend," a caregiver assigned to give extra help at night or during the day to ease their settling comfortably into a new environment. The new "friend" will answer questions, provide reassurance, and give additional cues to their new surroundings.

We do our best to group our care for older adults into three levels, from mild memory loss, to moderate, and for those who need a lot of extra care. Every Cottage has programs tailored to meet each population's specific needs and concerns. For example, some Cottages have extra night care, while some have more music therapy. In order to truly know what level of care or which Cottage will be a good fit for your loved one, a tour with one of our Family Service Directors will assist you in making the right choice!

By providing excellent memory care, we decrease your levels of stress and time spent worrying. You will be able to relax because you know your loved ones are in highly-skilled and compassionate hands. You will be able to enjoy quality visits with your family members, rather than doing the myriad of caregiving tasks on your "To Do" list. That's what we're here for - to make your life easier and your caregiving journey smoother from now on!

In October 2015, Dr. Jacqueline Dupont, Gerontologist and Founder of Irvine Cottages, was honored to receive the 2015 Senior Care Hero Humanitarian Award from SeniorServ, a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of older adults.

We have 13 total cottages serving these areas in Orange County:
  • Irvine Northwood, Turtle Rock and University Park
  • Newport Beach Back Bay Neighborhood
  • Mission Viejo Alicia and La Paz exits off the 5 Freeway

If you have questions, need further information, or want to schedule a tour, please call (866) 824-8174. Or you can complete the Contact Form below. Thank you for your interest!

Jacqueline Dupont, Founder of Irvine Cottages, is a gerontologist with over 20 years of experience in the field of aging and Alzheimer’s care. Irvine Cottages offer a unique approach to resident protection with full-facility camera coverage. We have 13 Cottages to suit your needs. Staff to resident ratio 2 to 3 caregivers per 6 residents.

Features of Irvine Cottages 10