Legacy Ranch Memory Care

4800 Briarwood Avenue, Midland, TX, 79707

Reviews of Legacy Ranch Memory Care

mandazeke05 November 18, 2013

I hold this place to the highest of standards.while my loved one was at the facility she was treated with the utmost respect and loving care that a family member would have given her. I walked in at all hours of the day unannounced and was never disappoint.Always clean, Always attentive and while my grandmother was in her last hours our family was welcomed with open arms and were given lots of privacy and help when needed. It is very difficult to leave you loved one at a nursing home but i would in a heartbeat go with this place if i had to.Love the staff! **someone mentioned the turnover in a previous comment and i would just like to add that is midland for you it has nothing to do with the facility its self sometimes companies just dont have the means to give raises but the staff we saw while there loved their job and helping others more than anything!

James Moore March 20, 2013

i was shopping for care for my wife's mother. This facility is state of art. When I visited with the Director I was very impressed that she also was a Registered Nurse. She was very kind compassionate and totally understood the disease process. The staff were very friendly and outgoing. This is the facility of my choice and would highly recommend.

concernedBystander March 06, 2013

I am the grandson of a Alzheimer patient and the fiance to an ex-nurse who works at this facility. Over the last few months there has been several administrative changes within the faculty as well as a high turnover with nursing staff and caregivers. To make a long story short STAY AWAY FROM USING THIS COMPANY'S SERVICE!! I know first hand that the nurses and caregivers are overworked because the administration refuses to hire more help which makes for an unstable environment for the residents, your loved ones. On top of that, the facilities are not up-to-date and require nurses to manually lift people in and out of bed with no help besides themselves which is very dangerous. There are facilities that have machine lifts which enable even the tiniest of nurses to effectively lift large people in and out of beds but this place is not one. I don't imagine that with the way this company is run that it will be in business much longer which is a good point because that means that less people will have the possibility of being hurt. For you sake and the sake of the ones you love STAY AWAY!!!

Ann in Texas June 21, 2012

Legacy Ranch is a brand new facility offering assisted living services to residents having dementia or Altzheimers . It is licensed for 66 residents, but currently has 25 as it just opened in February 2012. A Doctor specializing in geriatrics routinely visits residents and has a Physicians assistant who comes twice a week. They are both very caring and and show an interest in each resident to find out interests, past experiences, etc. They encourage the sharing of those interests and experiences. The staff have shown such caring acts to my relative who is living there. Daily activities like exercise class, playing various games, discussion groups, music appreciation , etc are held and everyone is encouraged to participate. Special treats like baking, planting and growing tomatoes , going on field trips for ice cream are held weekly. I really appreciate the attention each resident is given to stimulate mobility, interaction with others, keeping the persons dignity and respect in mind all the time. Bed checks are held hourly during the night. I feel my relative is safe and secure there while being allowed to walk all she wants to due to the great design of the building. Motion detectors are in each bedroom for more monitoring of safety issues like falling. I am so happy with the care my person is getting.

From Legacy Ranch Memory Care

Legacy Ranch in Midland offers our services in comfortable surroundings, where Residents can enjoy our exclusive Symphony of Life® daily lifestyle experience. Our unique approach orchestrates our entire community to surround our Residents' needs and builds upon their strengths, allowing them to live to their fullest potential.

Our Residents each have a life story worth telling and sharing with others. We consider it our great joy to walk into their story by extending our unconditional love and an unyielding commitment to serve them fully. They are our community's cherished family members, and together we script new passages each day as we embrace the continuing story of their lives.

Legacy Ranch has incorporated many of the nation's most innovative approaches to Memory Care. Residents have many wonderful amenities to enjoy throughout our Memory Care community, with comfortable surroundings that include our family-friendly dining room, a fireside library, spacious lounges, covered verandas and a beautifully landscaped courtyard. We are committed to excellence at Legacy Ranch and take great pride in exceeding the expectations of our Residents and their families.

One of the unique qualities that differentiate Legacy Ranch from other Midland retirement communities is our person-centered model of care which allows us to develop a custom-tailored Resident Plan that supports individual interests and abilities. Residents build on their strengths through fitness classes, musical entertainment, creative art expression and community activities.

Features of Legacy Ranch Memory Care

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Pets: No pets allowed
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 50

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,100/month