Starting At: $4975

Payment Options

Contact for details

Accepting inquiries

About The Hearth at Tuxis Pond

At The Hearth at Tuxis Pond, we believe that you should live life to the fullest. We have designed residences to meet the physical and emotional needs of our residents, all set on the scenic shoreline of our Madison, CT community. We believe that The Hearth at Tuxis Pond is the not only the best option for independent living, assisted living and memory care in the Madison, CT area, it's also the friendliest and most engaging community. We laugh. We learn. Members and staff mingle as friends. We focus on the details that are truly the most important: our health, our minds, our spirit and purpose, friends and family.

Our senior living community is designed to offer you a maintenance-free lifestyle so you can pursue your interests. If you require a helping hand, it's there, almost before you knew you needed it. If a little more assistance is needed, an easy transition to Assisted Living is possible, without ever needing to change apartments.

Through our warm and welcoming, purposefully designed environment, as well as a full range of services, amenities and activities, residents have countless opportunities to pursue their passions, find purpose and fulfillment, and feel proud to call The Hearth

Here you

Reviews of The Hearth at Tuxis Pond

Average Rating: 4.0 4.0 out of 5 stars based on 4 Reviews

Posted by a fellow reviewer May 11, 2014

The living area in the apartments are in an L-shape, and the bedrooms are in the corner, so it seemed spacious. I know they have activities because they've invited us to several of them, like book signings by local authors. The Hearth at Tuxis Pond seems to be in a nice setting in downtown Madison. There's a fireplace in the reception area. It's kind of smaller, but it seemed like a cozy atmosphere.

Posted by caring0702113 July 10, 2013

We just signed the lease for The Hearth. It was not as bright and sunny as another facility we visited. It didn't feel as caring and open. However, the other facility didn't have any apartments available but this had. The administration people seemed very nice but they didn't seem to have any activities during that time. It has a city style setting.

Posted by Adam1 June 21, 2012

My grandmother belongs to the hearth after the hard decision to move her out of her home. She suffers from Alzheimer's and her memory is rapidly degrading. When we were looking for places that she would like, we came across "The Hearth" in Madison, CT. It's a nice facility that has some outstanding nurses and nice people that facilitate most of the needs of the people that live there. The food is pretty good (I've been there and stayed for dinner a few times), and the living spaces are pretty large compared to other places I've seen. Some of the people there are affected much more by the dementia than my grandmother as she is still very physically active and likes to talk to people. She had trouble adjusting to The Hearth at first, but after a few months they made her feel right at home and she actually prefers to be there. Our only complaint is that my grandma is quite stubborn and refuses to take showers, and the nurses and aids at The Hearth don't really make her take them. Part of their job is to make sure that the people living there are hygienic. In turn, my mother has to go down to Madison and convince my grandmother to take a shower (which is a difficult task.)

Posted by Private Care Manager December 20, 2011

Along with its sister facility in Branford, this is the best assisted living facility along the shoreline. Hands down. Everything is well-run and professional. The residents are treated as unique individuals and are cared for and monitored accordingly. I highly recommend this facility.

Location of The Hearth at Tuxis Pond

Features of The Hearth at Tuxis Pond

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Housing extra: One bedroom with den
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental, Refundable security deposit
  • Maximum rate: $8,255/month
  • Minimum memory care rate: $7,925/month

• Staff patient ratio: 1 to 8
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: DPH Assisted Living Services Agency,
  • State License(s): 72

• We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By submitting this form, you agree to Caring.com's Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Agreement to be Contacted by Telephone.