The Fountains

4451 Stack Blvd, Melbourne, FL, 32901

Reviews of The Fountains

Sidney3 January 29, 2016

The Fountains of Melbourne was my second choice. I was impressed with this place. It was very good.

Anonymous116956950 November 25, 2015

The Fountains was the best of every place I saw. It was wonderful and beautifully landscaped. Their rooms were roomy with closets big enough for lots of storage. You don’t have to get rid of everything that you own. Their dining room is open all day long and operates like a bistro-type restaurant. The people were very nice.

Doris40 November 10, 2015

I like the layout of The Fountains of Melbourne and the location. The building itself is in terrific shape even though it is 26 years old. It is extremely well-maintained. They have a pet policy, which is very smart. They only permit people to have a pet who have apartments on the first floor where they have patios that exit out onto the garden. That way, dogs are not all over the building and are in a spot where they cannot do damage. It is an excellent idea. They have more independent living than assisted living, which I like because it creates a better atmosphere. I had a small lunch there, and it was fine. My husband was pleased, too. Apart from everything else, the space they offer is the most generous space I've found anywhere.

Caring109472150 July 13, 2015

The staff was very accommodating and informative. The Fountains was very clean. It was a beautiful place.

Scott26 March 31, 2015

My mom lives in The Fountains in Melbourne. She is in the assisted living. They have both independent care and assisted living. They got three stories, and there is a cafeteria for both assisted living and the other folks. It is a really nice facility. It is very clean and very friendly. My biggest concern is not for her care but that they did not have memory care. They also did not support Medicaid. That is the reason why I was trying to look ahead of the possibility. The staffs are very professional, and it is a great place. It is probably just as nice as any place in this area in terms of the size of the apartment and the care they get. But they did not have memory care in their facility, and they did not support Medicaid. I have eaten there before, and the food is fine. They bring folks in there. I don't look at the schedule all the time but they come out with a calendar every month, and they have activities on a very consistent basis. They always have activities for them throughout the week. They have their own buses that take the folks to and from the store or the doctors. They have different doctors that come in to their facility. My mom uses the doctor, and she will literally just have to go down the hallway. They are very good.

Caring105922450 February 11, 2015

The Fountains is beautiful, but it is just too expensive. The staff is great, and I like that they did nightly checking. They are helpful like explaining about medications or calling me to let me know if there are any issues. The apartments have a kitchen, living room, and a bedroom. The activities were really good except that dad didn't participate in it that much. He did like it when they had social things.

Caring64731 September 26, 2013

I am interested in The Fountains. We were invited for one of their lunch meetings to get acquainted with the place. The place is very, very clean and well maintained. They got a very nice staff. I've eaten there a couple of times and the food is excellent. The facility itself is very, very nice. I was able to see three different apartments and they were very nice. They have a beautiful dining room. They have a pool and a large meeting room.

Diane37 September 10, 2013

The food at the Fountains is better than any place in town; it's to die for. Their rooms were roomy and well laid out, they were very nice. The staff was kind of snotty, they know they're the best in town, so they were very full of themselves. The residents love the place.

Christine H1 July 31, 2013

I happen to know a few people who've been at the Fountains of Melbourne. It was nice because they have a lot of facilities and I could swim every day, they have a heated pool and they have activities. I like to play bridge and they have bridge games and everything else. Everything was very good except that my son wants me to be closer to him at Gainesville.

Frances6 July 25, 2013

The Fountains of Melbourne is a happy place. I was able to visit the facility and the food is good. I did saw that the staff are lovely and friendly.

Laurel3 June 27, 2013

This was the best of all the facilities I've visited. It was clean and the food was good. It was our choice. Bridget, the young lady who toured us was excellent.

Maryanne3 May 12, 2013

For independent, assisted, and special-assisted living, I loved the Fountains because they were very good at it and I would recommend them to anybody.

RGoldenstar December 14, 2012

My dad and mom were residents of the Fountains for about four years. They received great care around the clock from the housekeeping staff, and when I would visit, the meals were very well prepared. My sister and I were worried about mom and dad being isolated but the physical therapy staff were very up beat about checking on them and incouraging them to join in activities. I could only wish to find a facility so caring when I move to an assisted living facility.

Christine K. November 08, 2012

The Fountains is a fantastic assisted-living facility. The staff has always been exceptionally pleasant, from the front desk attendants to the cleaning people. The food is tasty and well-prepared, with the exception of the rolls. My grandma says they're too soggy!. Activities are abundant, from bingo to Wii Bowling to dances and monthly birthday parties for the residents. The apartments are very nice; she even has a screened-in porch.

Melbored September 27, 2012

My grandparents moved into this community for about 4 months. They absolutely did not like living here and decided soon after that they would be better off on their own, even with my grandmother having to take care of my grandfather and his disabilities. A lot of it was that they just felt sad there, like it was a waiting room of some sort. While beautiful it just wasn't for them.After trying to stick it out for a few months they moved out and got a place of their own and they were much happier. Family members come over to help a few times a week and it makes them feel like they are still living, instead of waiting.Overall though, the grounds were beautiful, the staff was pleasant and there was nothing inherently "wrong" with the place, other than the fact that it just made my grandparents uncomfortable and sad. Many of the other residents seemed very happy and they enjoyed living there very much. It probably all depends on the family support system that someone has and weather or not it will provide a better quality of life. I know when the end came for my grandfather, he was much happier to be at home, with his family and in a place he loved.

Caring8675 May 23, 2012

The Fountains is a great place to stay especially for people with different needs. My Mother really loves the place. In fact she's been in this facility before. I'm pretty sure she's happy there. The facility is very nice and they have a wonderful apartments. But if there was one thing they can improve that would be the food. Because it's the same variety most of the time. I will recommend this facility to others.

commercesd May 11, 2012

The Fountains of Melbourne assisted living facility was one of the places we saw while looking in the area for my friend's mother.

The grounds exterior was nicely maintained and designed with beautifully landscaped greenery. The lobby was clean and fresh with very friendly staff to greet us for a tour.

The dining room was quite nice, with plenty of space. The meal menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. Healthy snacks are offered all day and whenever requested.

The living spaces were very nicely decorated, fresh, clean and personalized. The fitness center had well maintained equipment and ample rooms, including daily classes. Residents may also walk around the lovely grounds safely.

The many planned activities feature everything from book discussions to parties and other social gatherings. They participate in the local arts by visiting museums and galleries and seeing film and theater.

This is a very nice senior living community and we could see how anyone would really enjoy living in this environment.

From The Fountains

The Fountains, Melbourne's leading senior living community for over 20 years, encourages all residents to live, play and enjoy life through our signature "The Art of Living Well" culture. You will enjoy fresh coastal breezes and the convenience of being part of the ocean-close city of Melbourne. Wake to the birds outside, vibrant surroundings and a professionally prepared breakfast before you take a stroll along the many walking paths, participate in pool aerobics or join friends for a trip to town. The Fountains is full of both the positive energy of our residents and associates who love being served and serving others. You'll find interesting, caring people and many opportunities to share your passions and enjoy a fulfilling active lifestyle.

Every day at The Fountains feels like living at a welcoming resort with a variety of services and amenities to make your day unique. This includes formal dining with a number of menu choices and flexible scheduling as well as more casual meals and snacks at our popular bistro. Whatever your interests and penchant for activity, you are free to make new friends, participate in our lifelong learning classes, or just settle down with a good book in the sunshine. What makes The Fountains feel so comfortable? It is the supportive team of associates who anticipate and acknowledge your preferences and needs so you can customize an independent lifestyle that's perfect for you.

Features of The Fountains

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt

• Spanish

• 24-hour security gate

• Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: On-call 24/7

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive

• Pets: All Pets