Brookdale Stonestreet

9251 Stonestreet Rd., Louisville, KY, 40272

Reviews of Brookdale Stonestreet

Cindy60977861 September 27, 2013

My mother-in-law lived in Emeritus for one and a half years. It was close to her children's house. She would have stayed there for longer time, but we ran out of money. It was a really nice facility. They did have a nice living area. Her room was nice and big. She had a huge bathroom. I love that huge bathroom! She had a nice living room area. Linda, my mother-in-law, was able to look out in the back and see the woods and trees and it was really nice. It was a beautiful view. Food was good. My wife and her sister went over a couple of times and ate with their mother. Regarding residents, A lot of them would sit in their rooms and watch TV. However, on good warm days, they would go out in front and sat there. They would have some tables and chairs and it was really nice. My mother-in-law had a really good tan on her hands and on her face.

caring0311213 July 24, 2013

My parents lived at Emeritus, we chose it because it was close to my brother and me. We liked the setting which was back in the woods so it looked peaceful and calm. There were one bedroom facilities and the others had two rooms. We got them the two bedroom room and it was a good-sized room and had everything they needed. The staff were accommodating and everybody we dealt with had been extremely friendly, I had no problems with the staff. There was a nurse in the personal care wing all the time and they dispensed the medications. There were also a lot of activities like Friday night movie, bingo, church group, cook outs, etc. The dining room was pretty and they let you choose like restaurant style and the food was very good. The facility was really well-equipped.

warledge November 17, 2011

Outstanding facility staffed by people who truly appeared to care. Excellent meals and services.

She. July 26, 2011

This place accepted my mom to be a resident who has Alzheimer's.(this facility does not specialize in having residents with Alzheimer's), to emphasize this, the property was not a gated or a locked facility.

The staff had been informed by me over and over that my mom was not the ideal person to be a resident there, based on her developmental aggressiveness, not able to care for herself(living in an apartment on their property alone) because it's an assisted living community.

Due to their greed, they keep my mom there as a resident because her son continued to pay the rent, and one day about one year or so after she had been there, she assaulted another resident by punching the resident in the nose(breaking it and knocking out a couple of teeth).

The facility and my mom could have been sued, due to the facility knew my mom was told and witnessed she had become considerably more aggressive, yet they allowed her to live in this facility unassisted, and unmonitored therefore having a confrontation with another resident and assaulting the resident. It was totally negligence of this facility and my mom had to go to a mental hospital for a few weeks and was heavily medicated(which caused effects she never recovered from), not to mention the resident who suffered injuries of a broken nose and knocked out teeth.

My mom and this resident were the one's who suffered due to the greed and negligence of this facility.

They should never accept a person with Alzheimer's because they are not set up to care for people with Alzheimer's, no matter what they say, especially until they have a locked and gated facility due to the fact people with Alzheimer's sometimes wander and this facility sits about 25 yards from a major 4 lane road and the speed limit is 45 miles per hour.

These issues happened several years ago, I don't know how the facility is set up now, but anyone thinking of placing a loved one at this facility who has Alzheimer's, it would be a very wise choice to read my rating and the incidences that led up to my rating before you listen to the director or someone at this facility tell you, it's a great place for your loved one and yes they accept people with Alzheimer's. Don't let the fact that any facility looks cozy and is beautifully landscaped etc. Check out the fact how easy is it for residents to walk out of the facility to be possibly picked up by someone passing in a car, or to be struck by a car, or to just wander off and get lost.

From Brookdale Stonestreet

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Stonestreet