Brookdale Stonestreet

9251 Stonestreet Rd., Louisville, KY, 40272

Reviews of Brookdale Stonestreet

November 17, 2011

By warledge

Outstanding facility staffed by people who truly appeared to care. Excellent meals and services.

July 26, 2011

By She.

This place accepted my mom to be a resident who has Alzheimer's.(this facility does not specialize in having residents with Alzheimer's), to emphasize this, the property was not a gated or a locked facility. The staff had been informed by me over and over that my mom was not the ideal person to be a resident there, based on her developmental aggressiveness, not able to care for herself(living in an apartment on their property alone) because it's an assisted living community. Due to their greed, they keep my mom there as a resident because her son continued to pay the rent, and one day about one year or so after she had been there, she assaulted another resident by punching the resident in the nose(breaking it and knocking out a couple of teeth). The facility and my mom could have been sued, due to the facility knew my mom was told and witnessed she had become considerably more aggressive, yet they allowed her to live in this facility unassisted, and unmonitored therefore having a confrontation with another resident and assaulting the resident. It was totally negligence of this facility and my mom had to go to a mental hospital for a few weeks and was heavily medicated(which caused effects she never recovered from), not to mention the resident who suffered injuries of a broken nose and knocked out teeth. My mom and this resident were the one's who suffered due to the greed and negligence of this facility. They should never accept a person with Alzheimer's because they are not set up to care for people with Alzheimer's, no matter what they say, especially until they have a locked and gated facility due to the fact people with Alzheimer's sometimes wander and this facility sits about 25 yards from a major 4 lane road and the speed limit is 45 miles per hour. These issues happened several years ago, I don't know how the facility is set up now, but anyone thinking of placing a loved one at this facility who has Alzheimer's, it would be a very wise choice to read my rating and the incidences that led up to my rating before you listen to the director or someone at this facility tell you, it's a great place for your loved one and yes they accept people with Alzheimer's. Don't let the fact that any facility looks cozy and is beautifully landscaped etc. Check out the fact how easy is it for residents to walk out of the facility to be possibly picked up by someone passing in a car, or to be struck by a car, or to just wander off and get lost.

Photos of Brookdale Stonestreet

Features of Brookdale Stonestreet

About Brookdale Stonestreet

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Stonestreet