Prestige Assisted Living at Lancaster

43454 30th St. West, Lancaster, CA, 93536

Reviews of Prestige Assisted Living at Lancaster

January 26, 2016

By Loving Daughter29

We visited Expressions Memory Care at Prestige Assisted Living at Lancaster, and we saw a shared room. It had enough room for two twin beds, a small loveseat with a television, a little sink, and a little cupboard area. The staff was wonderful. He knew a lot of them by first name. He made eye contact, and talked to the other residents as he walked through the facility. They had an outside porch area where they could sit. They had a dining room area, and a smaller one that they eat their lunches out. Then they had a couple different seating areas like one with television, and another one with people who were sitting around talking. The beginning part of the facility was the regular assisted living, and then the back of it was the memory care unit that had locked doors. You had to put in a code to get in.

July 21, 2015

I visited Prestige, but it is an Alzheimer's facility stage 1, 2, 3, and 4. They are starting at phase 1 where my dad would probably be in a two-bedroom room, which he will not accept. They start at $3500 a month. The facility was good. There were so many activities and so many things going on, but Dad just doesn't want to participate. The staff was very accommodating. They were very nice. The facility was very clean and very bright. There was a nice big dining room and a nice TV area, but the only thing that bothered me was if my dad ever got to the point where he couldn't make it to the bathroom, or have a catheter, which they don't like to do because of infection. Overall, the staff was great, and the place was clean. If I had the money, I would give my dad a private room and the extra care.

March 23, 2015

By Charlene21

We visited Prestige. It was a great place. I wasn't aware of what everything entailed, how much it would cost, if they would take him, or what needed to be done, so it was very informative. The lady there was very helpful, and I received quite a bit of information. We had lunch when we were there, and it was excellent.

January 24, 2015

Prestige Assisted Living actually gets more involved with their care. I think they can assist more with the hygiene and the ADL with the residents. But for the most part, they have a very nice dining area. They encourage them to eat in the dining area. They have a lot of activities there like bingo, piano, and arts and crafts. The rooms are nice, well-kept, and clean. They are not super modern, but they are really nice. They have a little refrigerator and a little microwave. They have a sink and a bathroom. The bathroom doors are wide so the wheelchair can get through. It is the floor type shower, so nobody has to step into them. My grandmother is on the first floor there, and it’s a really nice place. They are really involved. And if you tell them something, they'll take it. It’s all constructive criticism there. They listen, and they are open. They are involved, and I appreciate that.

December 26, 2014

We visited Prestige, and we were impressed with it. We would take it up if we needed it. It was very impressive, clean, organized, and pretty. The one that we looked at was a two-bedroom apartment, and it had just been recently re-painted and re-carpeted, so it looked beautiful. The staff was very accommodating. They were very pleasant and eager to answer questions. They had activities charted all over the calendar. There was a library. There was a jigsaw puzzle table set up. There were schedules for outings, crafts, and things like that. They also had beauty parlor and laundry.

January 31, 2014

Prestige Assisted Living is a lovely facility, but it's expensive for someone with memory care. For a single room, it would start out at $5025 and that is at Level 1 and she is at Level 2 because she needs more care. The rooms were large and very nice. They had a large area for the residents and they had a separate area for the memory care. It was part of a same facility, but it was a locked area. This facility is nice for someone with quite a bit of money. Everyone there seemed to be quite happy and the ones that were in the memory care, they were very well kept. The rooms were nice and clean and I'm sure that the residents get good care there. If we had the money, this would be the place that we would put her in.

June 13, 2013

Prestige is a really nice place. The staff were very nice and they have a lot to offer, but they weren't interested in me because I'm too young.

October 30, 2012

By Bonnierex

The staff was very friendly, the facility was clean, nicely decorated, and very comfortable to be in.When I first arrived, I was hesistent about going in. I do not like "old people" homes. I was actually very impressed with this place. There was no bad odors which I have smelled in other homes. The rooms were very homey, and the people seemed genuine, not fake, The elderly patients all seemed to be clean, attended to,and happy. I saw many relatives visiting, including younger family members. The staff was very attentive to everyone's needs. There were certain rules, of course, but no one seemed to mind. I saw staff doing patient's laundry, and tidying up their rooms. Those patients who didn't have visitors and a little room to watch tv in. There seemed to be a "family" feeling among the patients. I would definitely reccommend this facility to all of my friends and family.

September 27, 2012

By psalm143

Overall I would say that this facility definitely impressed me. I did not experience any negative thoughts or feelings towards any of the staff. Which is honestly surprising. In most elderly or assisted living homes I have always heard mixed reactions about the people that staff these places. My grandmother had an overall positive experience during her stay. She never had anything bad to say about the people that were helping her on a day to day basis. In fact, it was a great help to her spirits and she often mentioned how much she enjoyed the help to me. I was visiting her at least once per week for several months and I always had a good and welcoming feeling from the staff every time I visited. Which made it much easier for me to want to visit my Grandmother more often. Overall, this is definitely a place I would recommend others to go to. Great, honest and supportful people as staff members. That to me is very important in any assisted living facility.

August 30, 2012

By kaytelange

The people (nurses, staffing) were quite friendly. The home was nice, seemed to have quite a few things for my great grandmother to do (activities), and the staff tried to get everyone involved in the activities. I would have liked for there to be more of a social atmosphere, but as it was just assisted living, I imagine it was difficult to get everyone on the same page. The grounds were nice, especially considering that it was out in the desert. The one thing I would have liked more is if they would have checked on her more often. They only came twice a week, but no one double checked to see if she was taking her medicine as scheduled. They also didn't seem to inspect the apartments to ensure that it was being kept clean. To me, an assisted living home (or complex), should be just that - assisted living. I didn't think that meant that they were left to fend for themselves, other than going to the grocery store. When I would visit, it would take about an hour to clean out her studio apartment of her laundry, because she would hide it under the bed. I had thought that the nurses would at least check on this, and had spoken to the lead nurse several times requesting that they double check. It was a little frustrating, but overall, I would say that my great grandmother enjoyed her time there. I know it made her feel like she still had some independence.

August 21, 2012

By WAgirl83

I wasn't crazy about going to this facility. Such places usually give me the creeps, not sure why. They just always have. Shockingly enough, when I arrived I thought that the facility was very nice. My Grandmothers room seemed very spacious, and everything was tidy. The staff was very friendly, and it seemed like my Grandmother liked them really well. They have many activities for the residents. I wasn't too excited to try the cuisine there when my Grandmother asked me to join her for lunch, but it was quite tasty. Much better than I had expected for sure. I admit I was a bit worried when my mother decided to put my Grandmother in the facility, as you hear so many horror stories of the elderly being abused and taken advantage of in some facilities. However, after seeing her there and happy I am much more at ease and will definitely be visiting her more often.

Services & Amenities of Prestige Assisted Living at Lancaster

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3550/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Dining Extra: All Apartments Have Kitchenettes, Microwave Ovens, And Full Size Refrigerators

• Features Extra: Library

• Tai Chi

• Licenses: CA. 197602540
  • State Licenses: 197602540

About Prestige Assisted Living at Lancaster

Prestige Assisted Living at Lancaster offers seniors and their families a range of senior living and care services from our inviting community.

Living at Prestige Assisted Living at Lancaster gives you the freedom to enjoy the activities you love most without worrying about the hassle of household responsibilities. From our restaurant-style dining services that offer an ever-changing menu of new and familiar meals, to a full calendar of events and activities that let you choose your desired level of activity, you're in control of selecting the care and services that are right for you.

Map of Prestige Assisted Living at Lancaster