Brookdale Johnson City

2003 Waters Edge Drive, Johnson City, TN, 37604

Reviews of Brookdale Johnson City

Pennie1 April 13, 2015

The other place that we went to was called Brookdale, and it was comparable to the other one, all the way down. They have a pool, but it isn?t in the place; they have separate condos down the road a little bit from where they are, and the pool is within walking distance of the condos and not of the senior center. The cleanliness of this place was excellent. The rooms that I looked at -- and I liked -- were a little too small for me.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. We realize that our rooms are smaller than many expect. Most of our residents are downsizing, which can be a difficult transition. Residents do not as many items in our setting, as we provide many items and activities!

Caring102326550 March 02, 2015

I visited Brookdale Johnson City (formerly Wellington Place of Johnson City), and it was very good. It was very nice. There wasn't many people. There were 20 rooms. It was clean and quiet, and the girl explained everything. She was very good. She even sent us some apples and pears together. I thought that was very nice. I was very surprised because I just went there just to check them out, but she was very good, and it looked like a very nice place.

Caring62031 November 29, 2014

I am very familiar with Wellington place. It was very nice, private, and in an upscale community. They have so many people coming in and things to do with church services on the weekend. The staff is knowledgeable enough.

Joyce47 August 07, 2014

I visited Wellington Place and it was a nice place. I was really impressed with it and I thought about moving my sister. However, when they had dementia, sometimes you would have problems when you move them. So, we decided not to move her, but if I would move her, I would like her to be at Wellington Place.

I was impressed that everything was clean, the people seemed to be happy and they were doing activities with them. The people working seemed to be nice. In the dementia section, they don't have apartments, they just had nice big rooms with nice bath in it. You could decorate it and make it into a nice bedroom with a little sitting area. I liked the area when you came into the building and their dining area. They also had a nice outside area and the way the building was built, the scenery was open to the outside where they could go out but they couldn't go away. If they would be interested, I would tell them to check them out.

Caring67721250 February 24, 2014

We had a visit at Wellington Place of Johnson City and it felt very comfortable. The facility is very nice as well as the staff.

BarbaraL February 05, 2014

I am writing this review because I found information difficult to find about the assisted living facilities in Johnson City. I toured this assisted living facility while I was looking for a place for my mother.

The good - nice appearance. Looked like it was properly staffed.

Bad - Their pricing seems like it could fluctuate greatly based on many factors. The place was kind of big, and we didn't think mom would do so great at such a big place. I read that activities aren't great, and during our visit there wasn't anything going on.

Caring74157350 November 27, 2013

Wellington Place was a very nice and very clean facility. It was more high-end and their residents were people who have no problem affording it. What appealed to me the most was the fact that you can actually go outside without assistance as there was a secure spot there for their residents. Even with their memory care, they have an area where they can go outside and be safe. Their courtyard was probably the most impressive thing. Also their rooms were just as nice as what you could expect for an ALF. The staff was wonderful. I would rate them a five across the board from the maintenance people to the nursing staff to the person who gave us a tour. Everyone there seemed to be very receptive, very nice and very helpful. Any questions I had, they went out of their way to accommodate me. Also the follow up was fabulous. Overall, I would say Wellington would be number one if money was no object.

Caring72640050 October 28, 2013

We were considering Wellington and the only thing that kept us from going to there, actually, was the fluctuating rate. They could not fix the rate for us. However, I think that Wellington was a spectacular place. It was a beautiful facility. The staff was competent and professional. The rooms were in good size and accommodating.

Pat29 August 15, 2013

I did go and visit Wellington Place for my aunt. I thought the facility was excellent. It was exceptionally clean. I saw their dining room and it was absolutely gorgeous. They had three different types of apartments and I thought they were a little small, but they were set up well for safety reasons. The people working there seemed caring and very helpful. Even the lady who was showing me around stopped by and entertained a resident who was asking a question and I thought that was very good to see. Their clients seemed very pleasant, content and happy being there. With regards to activities, I didn't see a lot of things happening at the time of my visit, but they did show me what looked like a calendar of activities. Overall, Wellington Place is a very nice place.

Sarah15 June 18, 2013

My grandmother lived there. She was a very picky eater and the staff went out of their way to make sure she always had something that she liked for her meals. They were very warm, caring and understanding and our family can't thank them enough.

Jimmy3 February 19, 2013

Wellington Place was great. The facility was exceptional. However, they didn't have any activities for the residents so it gave them a lot of downtime.

MarthaK August 30, 2012

My aunt lived there some six or eight years ago, so I knew the facility, but I can tell you that it is far better than it used to be. Now, they're keeping the doors locked. It used to be anybody could walk in and out of there. They now have a therapy room, a big improvement I saw over the years. This would be good for my mother-in-law because she has dementia, a balancing problem. I didn't see anything that turned me off. The only drawback in our circumstances is my mother-in-law is moving from a large townhouse, and to put her in a very small room will not work. She's going to need space. I do have one of my girlfriend's mother went there for their memory care. We think it's great or we wouldn't have suggested it.

From Brookdale Johnson City

Brookdale Johnson City provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Johnson City

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Housing extra: Deluxe Suite (Larger version of a studio)
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Varied activities with monthly themes - 2014 & 2015 - Brookdale celebrates world cuisines!

• Staff patient ratio: 6:1 day 7am - 11pm and 8:1 overnight 11pm - 7am
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: TN licensed ALF
  • State License(s): 00000154

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Johnson City