Sunrise of Jackson

390 North County Line Road, Jackson, NJ, 08527

Reviews of Sunrise of Jackson

caring for loved one June 14, 2014

I am a family member of a resident. The facility is lovely and very home like. The care managers are excellent. The management staff, however is in dire need of organizational, communication and time-management skills. The nursing staff is minimal, though excellent. There is no nurse available every night, and there are only 3 care managers available in the evenings for the entire facility. The visiting doctor is excellent.

They boast a designated care manager team for residents (especially important to those with dementia) to build a comfortable and comforting relationship with a specific team of care managers. My loved one has dementia, but is still high functioning. They keep changing the "team" who helps her...and that is not good. She never feels "comfortable" with "strangers" helping her shower, and other personal tasks. If the "team" were consistently made up of the same care managers, this would not be a problem.

The food is good. (I still can't figure out why they use canned fruit & veggies all year round, when fresh is always available.) The menu consists of a choice of two main entrees, and a 2 alternates. The hamburgers and hot dogs are good and very popular...which tells you something about the main entrees.

The apartments are lovely, and are kept fairly clean. The housekeeping is done once per week, and linens are changed once per week. However, the "cleaning" does not seem to include the window seat/sills nor the ceilings.

The activities are boring after a few months...same bingo, movies, crossword puzzles. Beading and watching someone bake cookies, and at least one entertainer/wk seem to be it. Trips to local stores, shopping centers and Atlantic City are few and far between.

Overall I would probably recommend Sunrise at Jackson, but with reservations regarding management and stimulating activities.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We’d like to hear more if you’d be willing to share. Please contact information@sunriseseniorliving.com with your contact information and we’ll be in touch. Thank you, The Sunrise Team

Nancy84477350 January 31, 2014

Sunrise of Jackson was absolutely outstanding. My mother was in a large studio because she was there on a week's trial. They provided plenty of furniture and appointments for her. The staff were very caring and thorough. The dining facilities were very nice, the menu and food were good. It was very well-run and very clean. She was there for only ten days, but from what we saw, the activities were the usual ones. I would recommend this facility to other people.

mella1936 December 21, 2013

A great place if your loved one is independent in his/her care and needs some basic housekeeping & meals provided to them. Facility looks nice, has fresh flowers daily and a community dog & cat.
Sunrise is a poorly ran facility, it lacks good management. Staff is at bare minimum. Nursing / Wellness department needs much improvement, it lacks leadership and accountability. Activities calendar looks chock full of stuff, however when reading it, it's clear there is minimal activities for the residents. The have many clubs offered, however Sunrise believes residents should run the clubs so staff is not allocated to help run/ coordinate them. DVD Movies are a main player in the calendar. Memory stimulating activities are in very short supply. Bingo is played a few times a week, with the prizes of small chocolate candy. Activities department has 2 staff members one being the director.
I suggest requesting the last state inspection report from facility, in fact from any facility. I also suggest talking with other residents, they are the biggest reviewers for they live there and see so much more then anyone else can say. Unfortunately, unless Sunrise raise the bar of standards, I would not recommend this facility.

Caring72506150 October 26, 2013

Sunrise of Jackson is located in a nice and quiet area. They have grounds outside where the residents can go out. The staff were nice, but the rooms were a bit small.

Louisb924 July 31, 2012

This is a assisted living and retirement community combined. The community itself is not bad at all, with many seniors still active in social settings. There are parties scheduled regularly to celebrate all sorts of occasions and the crew is very helpful. This place also looks great on the outside, if you can find it. This community is kind of hidden behind a development and is very easy to miss, which is good for security reasons. There aren't too many signs that indicate where this community is, but there is a gated entrance and a buzzer/phone system which allows entry to visitors. The community is quite at night and alive during the day, truly something nice to see in a senior community. The common living areas are always clean and kept in mostly good repair, and when something is broken the maintenence seems to get on it right away. Seniors are also encouraged to have their own little gardens around their apartments, and there is also a community garden which is always full of interesting plant life.

PerturbedinJackson May 30, 2012

I found that the staff was a bit rude and aloof. Although I visit only once a week, I can recognize many of the staff by name, (from name badges), and have made an effort to say hello and make small conversation about who I am and who I am visiting. I have stood more than a few minutes at a station when my relative was in need of something small because a non-work, non-urgent conversation was taking place! Then I would have to finally interrupt to get what was needed. Luckily it was not so urgent of a need, but then again it certainly was an issue that should have been addressed by staff to begin with. (Dirty linen, nail clipping, etc.) On one occasion I was later than I normally visit and found my relative in bed at 5 pm! Completely changed for bed and laying there awake! my relative asked if I could get a drink and something small to eat for them. When i asked whether they had been fed dinner, no one knew! It never happened again, but I never visit on the same day or same time anymore either!

leighbdc July 29, 2011

My Mom was a resident at Sunrise Of Jackson for almost two years. During that time, she was well cared for, and quite happy. The Director, Robyn, and her staff went out of their way to treat everyone like family, and that included the actual family of the residents. Also, the menus were wonderful and the food delicious. They also had a full social calendar, so those who wanted and were able to participate usually were entertained. This included frequent outings outside of the residence. I highly recommend this facility to anyone who needs an Assisted Living facility in that area.

From Sunrise of Jackson

Step into a Sunrise Senior Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or cat.

Services & Amenities at Sunrise of Jackson

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Location of Sunrise of Jackson