Woodland Towers

113 Chipola Ave, Deland, FL, 32720

Reviews of Woodland Towers

Average Rating:

NewBernResident1 September 25, 2012

I know a resident who is staying at Woodland Towers. I went to visit her when I went to visit family and friends from my hometown. I thought that Woodland Towers was an average facility. They offered a clean atmosphere, but the buildings were outdated. The building was several stories high and made it difficult for some residents. They did have an elevator but it was slow and I was told that it doesn't always work. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The person that I visited showed me around the facility. They have an outdoor area for residents to hang out at or to take walks. Their dining room was very large and they have a daily menu for the residents to choose from. They have a shuttle that takes the residents to different places, such as grocery stores and beauty salons. If they would update their facility, I would give them 5 stars because they were very attentive to the needs of the residents.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

From Woodland Towers

Life begins again when you move into Woodland Towers, a premier retirement community, located in the heart of DeLand, one of Central Florida's charming and historic towns.

For more than a decade, Woodland Towers has been dedicated to providing its residents with a quality, carefree, independent retirement lifestyle.

Whether you choose to relax in the heated, screened swimming pool, share meals with your friends, take part in planned activities, or simply spend quiet time in your own private apartment with its individual screened porch, it is all here for you to experience in your new home at Woodland Towers.

Our completely self-contained community includes a seven-story independent/assisted living building connected to our newly constructed four-story independent living building.

Each spacious apartment is equipped with a full modern kitchen with all electric appliances, individually controlled heat and air conditioning, wall to wall carpeting and the convenience of free laundry facilities on each floor. Weekly housekeeping services and two daily meals are included in your monthly rent. Our activity department schedules many interesting and fun-filled activities and our transportation department provides free transportation to local shopping, appointments, and scheduled outings.

Very warm loving atmosphere. Staff and residents have been here a long time. Plenty of activities.

Features of Woodland Towers

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Minimum age: 55

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 007143