Laurelwood Senior Living

3797 Summit Glen Dr, Dayton, OH, 45449

Reviews of Laurelwood Senior Living

Scotland May 22, 2015

If your loved one needs assistance, this is not the place. It is dirty, smells, is run down. Management gives you a great sales pitch, but product doesn't match expectation.Go elsewhere.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I'm sorry to hear that you have such a negative impression of Laurelwood. You mentioned that Laurelwood didn't meet your expectation. Do you have any specific examples? If so, we'd be interested in hearing them. Feel free to call our Resident Relations line at 1-800-370-8331. Thank you,

Caring87154750 December 18, 2014

I think Laurelwood Senior Living would be a great place for my mother-in-law. The staff were very helpful. The room that she would've been in was very spacious and homey, and she could bring in furniture. I saw some who were doing some crafts. It was several levels, and that kind of worried me about her moving around as she would have to take an elevator down to another level where the cafeteria was, but it seemed like it was secure.

Caring88932850 June 26, 2014

The rep person at Laurelwood was very nice. She was very open and willing to work with me. She said she would invite my mom to activities. She would even come out and take some meals for her and get her warmed up to assisted living. They seemed to have a lot of activities. While I was there, they were going out on a nature ride, and I thought that was pretty good. The accommodations were of the average type.

RICHARD G June 11, 2014

Laurelwood was the one that I had selected because they seemed to be able to make arrangements, cost-wise, on whatever with my aunt and uncle's income. The rest of them were too expensive. The community was very nice. In fact, they had an open house there that I went to, and they had food that was prepared by their chef and it was excellent. The apartments were very nice. There were two rooms, a bathroom, and a kitchen. The kitchen was off from one room. The other room was kind of more like living quarters than a bedroom, and the bathroom is in the bedroom. I like that they could split the cost between Medicaid and self-pay. One of them could be on Medicaid and one of them could be on self-pay.

Caring73645550 February 26, 2014

My mother has been living in Laurelwood. It was the only one that we could find that would give her a private room on Medicaid. The room is adequate and fine. We’re having problems with medicine missing and not dispensed for 5 to 6 days. We’ve had issues with them in toileting and personal care. My niece talked to the management but the last two emails were not answered. She was very unhappy with the way they were treating my mother and now they wanted to raise the rent. Most of the staff are very good and very caring. My niece is happy with them but it’s the management that's not good.

Jerry23 December 30, 2013

My mom moves to Lamplight Inn last week. It is a good size living facility. It has nice atmosphere, very friendly and very clean. They have two or three different vans and busses. They have activity center, beauty parlor, ice cream parlor. They have two meals a day with snacks. They pretty much have a full service. It is working well.

wise owl November 08, 2013

We visited this facility several times in a two week period to show various family members the facility before considering putting our mother there. The 4th time we visited we were spoken to very rudely by upper management. We were told that we had been there enough and that the waiting list was too long (probably 18 months) before she would be considered for a listing. We left feeling humiliated, unwelcomed and quite certain we would not want our mother in a place where stresses and tempers might compromise the compassionate we were looking for. We got our mother into another facility much nicer and friendlier within a month. They did call us shortly after and said they might have an immediate opening. We would not have put our mother in Lamplight after our experience.

Bowserw September 06, 2013

I am going to have to say that our experience was not very good. The staff seemed to not be knowlageable able how to care for an elderly person. The medical assistants would miss represent themselvs as nurses however when there was a problem they could not answer your question. Our grandparent become very sick while she was there and before she had even passed away the management called and asked us to remove her personal items because they needed the room for someone else. If I had known that this was the kind of care and compassion that my grandmother and family would receive I would never have used this facility for my loved one.

John Patrick Collons June 29, 2013

It was not as spacious. It did not have as many activities and the dining was very limited. They only had a single menu for every meal.

From Laurelwood Senior Living

At Laurelwood, our expert care and exceptional service make our community the perfect place to retire. With varying levels of care available, including memory care, you’ll find the perfect balance of independence and personal assistance you need.

Our staff is available 24/7 for around-the-clock care or in case of emergency. Our apartment suites are all equipped with emergency call systems. Plus, you’ll find three chef-prepared meals a day, daily activities and entertainment, scheduled transportation, housekeeping, and more are all included in your monthly lease.

Laurelwood is perfectly situated on the outskirts of Dayton, Ohio. Stop by today, and we’ll be happy to show you around!

Features of Laurelwood Senior Living

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft