Juniper Village at Chatham

500 Southern Boulevard, Chatham, NJ, 07928

Reviews of Juniper Village at Chatham

October 25, 2016

By carrothillroad

Juniper Village is beautiful and beautifully run, and I've been very happy having my mother there. Staff is caring and attentive, from the front desk personnel to the nurses to the dining room staff to the building maintenance staff. One especially thoughtful touch is that residents always have a list of alternative choices in the dining room (like burgers, sandwiches, and omelettes) if they don't want one of the daily menu choices. I highly recommend Juniper Village.

October 03, 2016

By Alex1234

I visited Juniper Village originally with interest as a home care provider. I met with Christine S. who gracefully expressed the importance of preparing for the future. She even put my mind at ease in regards to placing my own parents. It is incredibly comforting to know the level of care that goes into running this facility and providing for each resident.. I would, without a doubt, recommend Juniper Village to any and all families that are searching for a place to call home for their loved one in Morris County.

August 12, 2016

By Caring_2645034

Juniper Village has been the most incredible place for my mother and my entire family! The staff is exceptional. Everyone from the smiling concierge up front to the staff in the dining room. I recommend this place to anyone looking for a home for their loved ones, you won't regret it!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Juniper Village at Chatham. You really made our day today.

July 25, 2016

By mzingone

Juniper Village has become home to my mom and our whole family. All of the staff are caring, professional people who truly love what they do, and it shows. Our mom is receiving excellent care for her daily needs, and is busy with so many wonderful activities. The ambiance at Juniper is nurturing and welcoming, and the building and grounds are exquisite. It is truly a special place!

Mzingone, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are pleased to be considered home for your mom and the entire family. We always love to receive great feedback.

July 23, 2016

By NancyWC

Juniper Village was my first choice for my mom for assisted living after a long search of many options in Morris and Essex county. The facility is like home - top notch offering a beautiful, clean and updated living environment with an ongoing variety of high quality services and activities for the residents. The staff cares about each individual and provides both the expert nursing and aide interaction that is personal and caring. I feel fortunate that my mom feels so at home in Juniper Village.

Thanks for the feedback, Nancywc. We strive to provide excellent service to our residents and families at Juniper Village at Chatham. We're thrilled the search ended with us. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

March 18, 2016

By Sharon114823650

My mother is doing fine in Juniper Village. It is very good. Some of the staff members are better than others, but if somebody doesn’t do what they’re supposed to do, they get reprimanded. Most of the staff members are nice. They offer activities every day, like visiting singers, bingo, horseshoes, art activities, little parties, and entertainment. Some days, the food is good, and other days, she doesn’t like it. Her room is beautiful. They have a dining area which is beautifully furnished and looks like "The Love Boat.” The people there are very caring and on top of everything. If my mother has a problem, they’re right there. They have a nursing staff there, so if she has any issues, they’ll call me right away.

Thank you Sharon for sharing this five-star review and recommending Juniper Village at Chatham to others. It sounds like you and your mother are please with what we have to offer. If anything is not meeting your expectations, please be sure to reach out to Executive Director Joann Malanga. She maintains an open door to hear from our families. On the days that your mother does not like the food, please let her know to ask the server for another selection. We always maintain the grill menu for those days when the main entree choices do not meet your desires. Thanks again for your recommendation!

June 04, 2015

My mom will move into Juniper Village at Chatham. I think it is beautifully done, and the care in the community seems exceptional. The facility itself is designed to be as homelike as possible. It is not too large which is better. There are only about a hundred people in the facility, and I find it to be a warm and caring environment. It is beautifully decorated. It has wonderful public places and has lots of areas like reading room that are nicely decorated for people to sit and relax. They have something that my mother is interested in. They have a form of yoga and book clubs, and these are the things that she is interested in. They have some people who come in and give lectures, and she is interested in that as well. We have very good feedback that the food is excellent, and indeed my mother says that the food is wonderful.

Thank you first of all for this great review, and more importantly for entrusting the care of your mother to Juniper Village at Chatham. We are so proud of the care that we offer our residents as well as the beautiful community we have built. We maintain an open door policy and are happy to answer any questions you may have during the transition. We looking forward to having your mother join us - welcome to the family!

May 28, 2015

By Tom106701250

Juniper Village was a nice looking place. I liked it, but if I go there every day or a couple of days a week, it could be difficult for me to get there because there is going to be a lot of traffic between where I am and their location. Everything was fine. It was clean, and they presented the place well. They seemed good. I talked to the nurses, and they all seemed to be caring.

Thank you for your four-star rating of Juniper Village at Chatham. We are happy that you enjoyed your visit and hope to be able to help you in your search for senior living. If you have any additional questions, please give us a call so that we may be of assistance. We appreciate you referring us to others who are looking for senior living in the Chatham, NJ area.

April 23, 2015

By Mary109838450

The staff at Juniper Village are wonderful, caring individuals. They assist my mother without intruding. The activities offered are varied and fun for the residents and family members. It is a wonderful place!

Thank you Mary for your thoughtful review. We appreciate you noticing our person-centered care as well as our Connections activities program - both of which we are proud to offer. We are grateful for you recommendation of Juniper Village at Chatham.

March 07, 2015

By Grace D.

I have been a resident of Juniper Villlage Chatham for four years and I love my life here. Our residence is attractively decorated, surrounded by landscaped lawn and gardens which we enjoy in good weather. I give our management, staff and workers credit for Juniper Village's excellence. We have an outstanding activities program from which to choose: daily exercises, discussion groups, music programs, a book club, movies in our theatre, a knitting group, indoor sports such as bocce, word games, bingo, bridge. We go in our van to local programs such as plays, movies, music and to the Jersey shore in summer. We have a talented chef and our healthful meals change seasonally and include fresh fruit and vegetables daily. Our driver takes us to medical and dental appointments in the area, for local shopping and to Sunday religious services. What's not to love about living at Juniper Village!

Thank you Grace. We are thrilled that you love your life at Juniper Village at Chatham, we have to agree with you "What's not to love about living at Juniper Village!" You have certainly done a fine job of recognizing the things we are so proud of at Juniper - the community, our staff, our wonderful Connections activity program and other services. We are blessed to have wonderful residents too!. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with others who may be looking for a wonderful life at Juniper Village at Chatham too!

February 27, 2015

By Bill Shugard

I spent a month and a half at Juniper Village at Chatham during a respite stay recovering from a broken hip during late June, July and early August 2013. Most of the residents are a little younger than my parent's so my stay there was a lot like a very long cruise with parents. The residents are really interesting people and have lead quite diverse lives. It's a excellent facility with lots of activities to engage the residents. Some of the residents have cars and there are field trips with the Juniper bus for movies, shopping, church or visits to other local sites of interest. The staff is great and the food is excellent and there is an Ala Carte menu if you want something other than one of the two offerings at each meal. It's served by a wait staff in the dinning room and there are nice touches like cereal in the morning can be topped by bananas or berries depending on what is available. Now a days I'm a volunteer one day a week doing technical support to help residents with iPads, PCs, smart phones etc. Most of the staff I knew from my stay is still there. I am tremendously impressed with Juniper Village and I strongly recommend it to anyone who is considering assisted living or a respite stay.

Bill, it's so nice to hear that your stay was so pleasant that you decided to become a volunteer! We are thrilled that you had such a positive stay after your hip surgery and are sharing that experience here. We are very proud of our community, our staff, our Connections activity program, our H'Art and Soul of Dining program and our volunteer program. Our signature programs are truly what sets us apart and makes Juniper Village at Chatham a wonderful place to live and work. We thank you for your comments and your referrals to others who may need assisted living or even a short respite stay, as in your case.

June 25, 2013

By Wiley

The people at Juniper Village are very accommodating and nice.

September 23, 2012

By kim12

I toured this place for my grandfather. It was beautiful and I wish we could have afforded it. Very clean and upscale. We pick another place and are still very happy.

Photos of Juniper Village at Chatham

Features of Juniper Village at Chatham

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Tai Chi

• Minimum Age: None

About Juniper Village at Chatham

Located within walking distance of shopping and restaurants in the heart of beautiful Chatham, New Jersey, Juniper Village at Chatham is home to approximately 85 residents and offers assisted living with a refined ambiance and classically appointed decor.

A wide variety of gracious studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites, offer kitchenettes with microwaves, oversized windows, designer wall-to-wall carpeting, and a state-of-the-art heating and cooling system. Inviting walking paths connect your suite to the Village Square, the hub of activity at our assisted living community.

There you'll find all the amenities of everyday life, including a bank and postal center; country store, movie theater, full-service spa, beauty salon, and fitness center. Relax and enjoy our two-story library with fireplaces! No matter what your interest -- taking a class, attending church, or practicing a musical instrument -- you're free to explore them at Juniper Village at Chatham.

Beautiful, purpose-built independent and assisted living community. Activities programming is highly involved in the local community.

Map of Juniper Village at Chatham