Atria El Camino Gardens

2426 Garfield Avenue, Carmichael, CA, 95608

Reviews of Atria El Camino Gardens

purplemist May 24, 2016

We took my parents out of this facility due to faulty management. HORRIBLE is an understatement. The food was disgusting, care sub par, facility dirty and I could go on and on. Dont make the mistake we did.

I’m sorry to hear about your frustrations and would like to learn from your experience. You can connect with me directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

Loretta14 March 09, 2016

I’ve toured Atria El Camino Gardens. It’s dirty and disgusting. It’s gross; it smells like poop and dirty diapers. They were under remodeled which I understand. The staff was nice.

Loretta, I'd like to learn more about your visit so I can get a better idea of your experience in our community. Please send me an email at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com so I can help.

Caring Visitor41 March 08, 2016

Atria El Camino Gardens was lovely and the one we really liked for my sister-in-law, but it was far, and we could not afford it. When you walk into the foyer, you feel like you are checking in to a really nice hotel. They had a concierge desk at the front. It was a beautiful place. We were offered a meal. They had open dining all of the time with a very good chef on staff, plus three different restaurants within the community. The rooms were very nice. They had a game room, ceramics, and movies. The activities board was full of different options, so that you could do all kinds of stuff. Also, they had on-site therapy and staff that worked with the clients. The staff was delightful. Everyone was very nice when we were introduced. You could see them interacting with the clients and that they knew them by name and greeted them very nicely. You could tell that the clients really liked it there.

KC6 January 30, 2016

My mother chose Atria El Camino Gardens personally because of proximity to her friends. They are undergoing renovation, so it is very nice now. Mom’s apartment is small, but cozy. They have been very receptive, and she is very comfortable there. They have a resident counsellor. The residents are engaged in a lot of activities. They have a movie theather, and they go on outings. It is a really nice place. They have two dining rooms, and they are very nice. They have a restaurant-type menu which is very nice too.

Caring son25 January 19, 2016

We put my mother in the Atria El Camino Gardens, and it’s worked out pretty well, so far. The staff is very attentive and nice, and seem to take good care of her. She seems very happy. She just called me today to tell me that she was really proud of herself for actually getting up and going into breakfast at 7 a.m. One of the big reasons why we chose this place is because they had a more flexible eating arrangement; it’s kind of a 24/7 bistro that she just goes and eats whenever she’s up for it. She’s not forced to go at certain times of the day, and they have really good food there. I’ve eaten this food with her a few times, and it’s good stuff. It’s a really active community that's always doing fun stuff, and my mom seems to have made some friends. The place has a little salon where she can get her hair and nails done, and she likes that. They have their own movie theater, and they also play music.

Sheryl Dodd-Hansen December 19, 2015

Excellent - Staff members are attentive & professional. The food is tasty. The activities are very good and engaging.

Louise Simpson November 07, 2015

The staff provides excellent care. They are always very kind and compassionate. The residents are treated with respect, and their individual needs are recognized. The activities provided are stimulating and always done in a non-threatening, fun environment.

Grateful Daughter-in-law October 31, 2015

The dining room is the best feature of Atria El Camino Gardens. It is truly restaurant-style dining. They have a wonderful brunch once a month on a Sunday, and families are welcome at a minimal cost. The staff is very polite, helpful, and professional. My mother-in-law's apartment is at ground level, and it walks out to a lovely courtyard patio area. She has joined in exercise class for arthritis sufferers, and she has gone to a church service in their facility limo. However, it's under an incredible amount of construction right now, which is disruptive.

AbbyJ October 29, 2015

I looked at Atria El Camino. It was very nice. It has a very nice one-bedroom apartment, which was basically a studio apartment. The people were friendly. It had a very nice area for eating. There was an exit to the garden coming from the apartment, which was very nice. They were accommodating. I had not seen a lot of activities, but seemed like people were doing pretty much their own thing. The neighborhood was very nice. There were lots of trees, and it was pretty accessible a to hospital. It was closer to our house.

Caring113402350 October 28, 2015

I visited Atria. I was not very impressed with it. It had a very quiet atmosphere, which is fine for people who want it quiet. I don't want it quiet. I want a nice, healthy, lively atmosphere. If somebody wants peace and quiet, then they're going to get it at Atria. Also they didn't deodorize the air. In other words, they put out the air freshener, and it was too perfumed. It made me wonder what they were covering up. It almost smelled like bathroom deodorizer, and I didn't like that. They need to figure how to deodorize the air without making it smell like it is covering something up.

Thanks for visiting. We’re sorry that our community was not a perfect fit for you but welcome you back at any time and appreciate your valuable feedback. If you’d like to share more, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

Caring113199350 June 30, 2015

My mother is at Atria El Camino Gardens. They are doing a $15M makeover of it, so there is going to be a facelift. I know they have a number of activities there.

Justin Hampton June 21, 2015

Great place with a great staff! My grandmother lived here in Assisted Living for many years and she loved it. She enjoyed all the activities and field trips that are always going on. The staff was always very nice and patient with her. It is comforting to know that the ones you love the most are being well takin care of when we were unable to be there.

Dawn27 April 17, 2015

I just signed the rental agreement at Atria El Camino Gardens for my mother. The staff was helpful and attentive. I took a tour, and they were friendly. The place looked nice. It seemed like they had good activities. The food looked good. They were undergoing some renovations, and they were upgrading rooms. They had activities like an art show. I think the price for the value seems very good.

Tricia10 April 10, 2015

El Camino was a very large facility, and my mother's ability for movement is not huge, so that would have been an adjustment issue. It was just too big for my mom.

Hi, Tricia. Thanks for visiting our community. We’re sorry that Atria El Camino Gardens is not a perfect fit for your mother. We try to keep our event and service spaces in close proximity of each other. You feedback is valuable to us. If you’d like to share more with us, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

Nancy103165850 March 08, 2015

Atria El Camino Gardens is the first place my mom was at. The staff was amazing. They are absolutely wonderful. The rooms were OK and adequate. They had activities for the residents like art activities. They would have some sorting activities too. On rare occasion, somebody would play the piano. I have tried eating here, and the food was really good. I think the thing I enjoyed about them is their staff because they were so wonderful and good. The biggest disadvantage of this place is that you can open the door. Even if the alarm goes off, the residents could leave, and it opens up to a busy street. My mother learned that if she held the door down for a few seconds, the door would open, and she would head straight to the busy street. That’s why we were forced to move her because of the safety issue.

Juneko February 26, 2015

My mom just came from Atria. They are a lot more expensive. After the first of the year they always raise their rate, and it becomes a little unaffordable. They do it by raising it both on the room and the medical price. After I moved in there, one of the tenants kind of forewarned me that it was going to happen. Although it is a really nice place and if I had the money, I'd love to stay there too. People seem to be a little healthier and a little more upbeat. They have a lot more activities, but you are paying twice as much. It is very expensive.

Nancy104602350 January 18, 2015

I had seen Atrial El Camino Gardens, but it would not do for my mom. It was too big. However, my tour there was excellent. It was beautiful, but it did not meet our needs, and the cost was a little higher. The rooms were very nice, but it was a large facility. They had a multitude of activities there because they had a programs director. I had several friends that had been there. I just liked the way the building was laid out. I liked the apartments and the friendliness of the staff. It was a nice place. I really liked them. I would go there.

Gloria35 October 22, 2014

A gentleman that I knew moved to Atria El Camino. Their dining area was very nice. The rooms were very nice and spacious. They had a lot of activities – casino outings, grocery shopping outings, arts and crafts. They had just a wide range of things for the residents to do.

Mary61767850 October 07, 2014

I have been in Atria for three weeks now and it is very nice, clean, and spacious, and the staff is very nice. So far so good though. I do not like the spaciousness of the hallways; it’s hard to find your way around. When you are first here, they need someone to be with you a lot to let you know where you are going and what you’re doing. I would sign up for this and what to do with that. They have what they call ambassadors, but I have only seen one, one time. I would say my stay is fair as I am in independent living and there is so little that they can do for you here, but I have people come in from the outside. They have bingo.

LovelyLady00000333 August 15, 2014

My mom was in Atria for a month for respite care. It was very nice -- my mom liked it, and I don't have any complaints. It was a little pricey because we had to move her in in such a hurry. The rooms were very nice. It was pretty clean, but some of the upholstery and the chairs needed freshening up. There was no smell. The dining room was fantastic; the food was fine and my mom liked it.

Caring83028450 July 19, 2014

Atria El Camino Gardens was OK. The grounds were fine. I think the rooms were fine. They looked comfortable and nice to me. They had activities. The staff was friendly and answered all my questions. However, they started out as assisted living, and the price goes up depending on how much assistance they have to give. I looked and realized that this could be very expensive. They were not straight up and weren't as clean as the other one I saw.

Thank you for coming in for a tour of our community. I am sorry we did not end up being a perfect fit for you. Atria prides itself on our high standards for cleanliness and would like to hear more about your experience. If you are willing to share or feel we can be of further assistance, please email us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com including “Atria El Camino Gardens” in the subject line so we may quickly include the appropriate directors in the correspondence.

Caring6870 June 17, 2014

We felt that Atria had a friendly staff. The facilities looked pretty good. It looked to us.

Caring86664350 June 10, 2014

We already found a place for my spouse. He's at The Atria and he's fine. It had nice people. I liked the staff. He's in a very small room, and that's something he's trying to change. He's on a waiting list to get a bigger space.

Johnie2 March 31, 2014

My mom is in Atria. Because she's in a wheelchair, she doesn't have to worry about the elevators or stairs, and their dining area isn’t that far from where she is staying. The people were pleasant and friendly when we went there. My mom likes it. She says she'd push the thing on her wrist, and they'd come and get her, and they take her to the dining room or wherever she wants to go. She is really happy about the food. She gave all her dishes and stuff to the grandkids because she isn’t going to be fixing any meals. They have a movie room, and they have an area where the people come and play the piano. They have a nice fireplace that people were sitting around.

Caring80806950 March 26, 2014

We decided to check out Atria El Camino Gardens and we decided to move mom in there. She was at their independent living side when we first move in there, but she is deteriorating and so right we are moving her into their memory care facility. Right now, she is not getting much care and it is kind of disappointing. It's really a big facility and if you're pretty self-sufficient I think it’s a good facility. In their memory care unit, there are only 35 people who lives there and a smaller environment. The staff are pretty good about everything.

I am sorry to hear of your mother’s deteriorating condition and thank you for your feedback. We would like to connect with you personally to resolve your concerns about her care. Please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include "Atria El Camino Gardens" in your subject line.

Caring78733150 February 24, 2014

We enjoyed our walkthrough at Atria El Camino Gardens. We found it very clean and the people were very hospitable. The workers and even the residents seemed very happy. The rooms are of adequate size. We looked only at a two bedroom which was occupied because unfortunately they don’t have any openings at this point and if we chose to go there we would have to be on a waiting list.

Eva8 January 31, 2014

Atria El Camino Gardens was absolutely clean. I was impressed that it was updated. The staff were very kind, helpful and polite. The rooms were nice and of the right size. They had a lot of amenities and activities. It was also fairly close to us. But we missed the deadline and the prices went up, they tried any way they could to help us. I really liked that they did that. If I would move into a facility, I would go here.

Victoria8 September 26, 2013

Atria El Camino Gardens was nice. They offer a lot of services. The facility wasn't smelly and the staff was friendly. The clients were friendly too and they were up and about, involving themselves in different things.

Carol70437350 September 25, 2013

I heard about Atria El Camino through a friend and recommended it to me. I visited the place and the staff were very friendly. The people there seemed happy. The place is clean. The rooms are nice. They have one bedroom with little living room with patio. The dining room is very open and airy.

paramedicguy May 09, 2012

When we would respond to a call, the staff was very helpful and professional, but also very honest about the different reasons they felt the facility was responsible for the fall, or medical issue the patient was experiencing. A good example of this was when I responded to the facility for a fall in June of 2011 and was told by the staff that the patient had not been given the proper medications due to the facility not completing the proper steps to ensure that they had not run out of the specific prescription. The end result of the patient falling was then attributed by the staff member to the patient's Blood Pressure no longer being controlled by the medicine. I was also informed that this had occurred before under similar circumstances and that the staff member would be requesting the matter to be investigated.

guardian angel August 23, 2011

Atria-El Camino Gardens is located northeast to Reno on I-80 about 20 minutes from downtown Sacramento off El Camino Avenue and Garfield Avenue. In the past I participated in a volunteer Christmas show, along with other events. It is simply a gorgeous campus inside and out. The grounds are covered with gardens, shrubs, and shade trees. Inner courts make for fun activities. Patios are decked with umbrella shaded tables, not a bad seat in any of the courtyards. The décor is bright, warm, and friendly. Resident rooms and apartments are spacious, lovely, and state of the art. The dining rooms, activity rooms, and visiting areas remind one of an up-scale hotel without the snootiness. Uniquely, El Camino is equipped for three levels of care, independent, assisted living, and Alzheimer's care. That way significant others whose condition may be better or worse can stay close to one another. The staff, especially the caregivers, and dietary helpers are likewise, down to earth. Seldom is heard a discouraging word. Rarely in 5 years have I even detected an odor issue. The menu is fantastic, and adaptable to all diet types. I've eaten here several times, and I have to agree with the residents, delicious! Add to it the ambiance of the decorated walls and lovely furnishings, it is definitely eye candy. Their activity program is superior. Every effort is made to meld resident with family and staff involvement. They have games, an exercise program, loads of music, frequent entertainment, and outings as varied as the residents likes and dislikes. To keep resident's oriented, the staff stays on top of current events. Except for a few administrative persons, most everyone here makes the residents, and guest feel at home. If a "hotel "can be considered home-like, then El Camino Gardens manages to pull it off in grand fashion. I give them my highest grade a 5 out of 5.

From Atria El Camino Gardens

At Atria El Camino Gardens, you'll find a new home that's warm and welcoming. Interesting social activities and morning exercise classes help residents thrive. Located in a quiet neighborhood in Carmichael, Atria El Camino Gardens is just a short distance from downtown Sacramento.

Atria El Camino Gardens offers the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals