Sunrise on Old Meridian

12130 Old Meridian Street, Carmel, IN, 46032

Reviews of Sunrise on Old Meridian

Kelly37 December 30, 2015

We visited Sunrise. I liked them. I just thought the entrance fee was exorbitant. However, they were also very nice. They were equal to the place we chose, but their entrance fee was $5,000, which I thought was outrageous. They could improve on lowering their entrance fee and they would probably have more people in there. I thought the staff was straight forward.

Donald43 November 30, 2015

The apartments were very nice. Sunrise on Old Meridian was more of a closed living situation where there were a lot of walls and hallways, so it's not a very open place, but the apartment itself was very nice. The staff was very pleasant and very knowledgeable. The residents seemed very active with lots of activities to participate in. The dining room looked very similar to other places where you can have meals provided throughout the day, which looked pretty good. Costs were a little high; I think the upfront costs along with the monthly costs were a little higher compared to some of the other facilities. It was an older facility, too; it wasn't new, so perhaps some renovations can be done.

Valera W. October 31, 2015

Our experience so far at Sunrise of Old Meridian has been very delightful. The friendliness of the residents was just overwhelming. They are very gracious and sincere. We selected this place because I have lymphoepithelioma, and the hallways are not as long. They also had a unit available for us near the dining room. We feel that this is the place that we should be. Our room is very nice. They repainted and carpeted the whole unit before we came in. Their food is very good.

Caring Daughter 01 October 29, 2015

Sunrise was a top-notch facility. They definitely had secure measures in place for the residents. It’s extremely clean and had all of the amenities that an elderly person would want or need, but being in Carmel, it was more expensive.

Caring110604350 June 29, 2015

I moved mom three weeks ago to Sunrise on Old Meridian. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Mom says they’re taking care of her all the time. The rooms are adequate, and the windows are very big. She is actually able to see out, see activity like people and cars moving around, and she likes that. She did not complain about the food. They have all kinds of programs of good variety.

Marty5 June 23, 2014

My mother was in Sunrise for almost three years. The room was spacious. The staff, apart from a couple individuals, was very poor. There was minimal interaction with the residents and not in the same way that they should have. The food was tailored to the residents. They had more patients that were ambulatory, and they took them in buses to go outside in the neighbourhood.

Caring77970050 February 28, 2014

Sunrise on Old Meridian was a very nice and a very upscale facility. The people were very friendly, and definitely very interested in the well-being of their residents. They're very welcoming to me. The food was excellent and the dining room was very nice. They have 4 or 5 activities every day. They actually have the residents decide what they want to do; anything really goes. It was very homey and welcoming. It's definitely an excellent quality for its price.

Roger6 June 25, 2013

We got to check Sunrise on Old Meridian for my mother. It was very nice but a little smaller in terms of capacity of units. It was a four-story building with underground parking. They both had independent living and assisted living facilities. It got a hotel feel to it because of it being in a four-story building. Their dining room was small, it felt more compacted though they had nice furniture. There also were smaller pockets of little sitting areas and dens. If you have guests, you can go down and sit in the sitting area. We actually got the chance to see both one-bedroom and two-bedroom units. I actually liked the room's lay out. I liked the size and the closet space. It was very nice with more of a nicer condo appeal to it. Their staff was very friendly as well and this was primarily the assistant marketing director that we met there.

BrixTanny November 07, 2012

When we visited this facility the first thing I noticed was how nice the outside looked. Everything seems well landscaped and that landscaping is well maintained. The outside of the building is also very well taken care of. When we went inside we were immediately greeted in a very friendly manor. The look and upkeep of the interior matches the exterior. We were shown a few different rooms are areas. All very well taken care of and somewhere I would be willing to live myself. They have on hand staff to cater to many different needs and many different activities for the elderly. They location is great and located near many different stores and restaurants. Everyone there seems very friendly and knowledgeable. They answered every question we had, gave us information to take home with us and also a number to call, in case we thought of any other questions. I would feel very secure knowing my family was in a place like this.

From Sunrise on Old Meridian

Sunrise Independent Living is a place full of possibilities. A place to grow and a place where seniors will reconnect with their active lifestyle or enhance their current one - all without the responsibilities of home maintenance. Discover the choices at Sunrise on Old Meridian - from a variety of floor plan options and well-appointed apartments to a broad range of amenities and services, including Masterpiece Living. Masterpiece Living supports successful aging by providing an environment where people have choice and where they can thrive and live life on their own terms. We also offer a solid plan for the future with on-site assisted living, memory care and in-home healthcare coordination if needed.

Features of Sunrise on Old Meridian

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We do offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D in apt.

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 8 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None

• Licenses: Residential

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Sunrise on Old Meridian