The Windsor of Cape Coral

831 Santa Barbara Blvd, Cape Coral, FL, 33991

Reviews of The Windsor of Cape Coral

Debra104028250 April 10, 2015

My mother-in-law is absolutely thrilled with The Windsor of Cape Coral. The apartments are lovely. It's homey, but not necessarily spacious. She said the food is excellent. They have pretty much everything, but she hasn't been involved in a lot yet. She has moved in about three weeks ago.

David101182950 March 12, 2015

I was happy with The Windsor of Cape Coral, and she is happy too. The staff is really nice, and the food is good. It’s a wonderful place, the accommodation is great, and she is happy. They have music, trips, dancers, arts and crafts, and church.

Caring95697650 October 16, 2014

The Windsor of Cape Coral was very nice. It was inviting and clean. This one is only five minutes away from my house. The thing I liked about this one was that they have nursing and medical staff available 24/7. The dining area was very nice. It was like a restaurant.

Virginia33 August 28, 2014

We liked The Windsor. It was clean and they seemed to care about its patients. The price was reasonable. The rented units were clean and a nice size. The main feature that we liked was that it served meals. We had lunch there and it was very nice. It provided transportation to doctors. It had activities like movie nights, Wii and card games. It had groups and exercise rooms.

Caring7052 August 27, 2014

The Windsor was very nice. I had lunch there and it was a good lunch. The staff was very nice and very accommodating.

salasboy June 27, 2014

This place is GREAT, I had to move my dad here because he was at home and kept falling - I did not know what to do, I did not know places like this even existed. I met with the sales person, Dawn. She was so helpful and walked me through everything we had to do. My dad was not happy that he had to move away but now six months later, he is happy and loves living here....he goes out to lunch with his new friends, plays cards and even has his sports buddies! I live far away and thought about moving my dad back up North with me but after seeing how much he loves the Windsor - I could never move him. The staff and managers here are the best

Mrs Shane June 27, 2014

My aunt lives here - the staff are amazing and the Administrator has been there a long time, she knows all the residents by name and they love her. My aunt has been here for over two years and we have seen a great improvement - she even does things now that she never did before - I would live here!

hooray4 June 02, 2014

I was notified by certified mail that a collection agency says we owe money. The Business Office was asked 3 times what will be the final settlement bill when my father was taken to hospital and then rehab. they were notified he wouldn't return to the Windsor due to failing health.We never got a final bill but did get a collection agency certified letter telling us we are refusing to pay bill.This is outrageous and just shows their true feeling about their residents.They give you that compassionate smile and agree with what you say and then walk away thinking only of the almighty dollar is the only thing that matters.Please think twice and really check this place out before entrusting family members to be cared for by them. In this case looks are deceiving.The atmosphere is elegant and plush but the business office is totally disorganized and incompetent.

tahoelinda May 28, 2014

My mother and her husband lived here the past year and 1/2. After looking at all of our options in the area we thought this was the best place for them moving for the first time to assisted living. We felt like this was the Ritz Carlton of all the assisted living places in the area. Beautiful decor and apartments throughout. I am giving this a 3 star because there were a number of things that were of much concern and you should read on: 1. The staff turnover was huge, seems like a new director every 4 months, the heath care services had turnover as well. 2. The communication is terrible, while our parents were not the best tenants, we had many problems with the staff not giving us of helping us understand what was really going on there, only when we would visit we would get the communication which was 2 times a year. At times I would email and call with no response back and after repeated calls would finally get some response. 4. This last trip out 2 weeks ago I come to find out my mother had not been given her medication, they say she refused? and not had her medication for over 2 weeks with no communication from them telling us she had refused. 5. When I arrive I come to find out my father in law had lost all of his bodily functions, my mother had feces all over her hands and all over the apartment (this was communicated before I got there, but no suggestions). The apartment, wreaked of urine and the smell was unreal. Why was this not discovered earlier? how long was this going on? we should have been notified that they needed extra care and to be moved for additional care? when I got there (live on the West Coast) my husband said we got a registered letter stating we had 45 days to move them because of Hygiene? we had paid for them to bath our parents, give them their medication and they say that our parents are refusing? how can they do that? why would they not help us by more communication? I moved them in one week after I got there to a memory care facility which should have happened a year ago. If they would have communicated properly we could have given our parents the help that they needed, instead of $7,000 a month really for nothing.

Ellie4 May 20, 2014

The Windsor was beautiful and gorgeous. It looked like a five-star hotel. The atmosphere was very nice, and the location was great. The staff was very helpful. Their staff and patients were very nice.

Caring1103 May 10, 2014

The Windsor of Cape Coral was a lovely place. My mother-in-law lived there for about three weeks, only because she went downhill very fast. She was not able to take advantage of all the things that were offered. I liked it because when I applied, toured, and talked to the agnecy personnel, they all seemed to know what was needed and what went on. The facility was very clean, neat, and friendly. I liked the whole atmosphere, and I thought it was one that she would like too. She had an apartment with a bedroom, bathroom, living room, and kitchenette. The dining room looked good, and the staff who worked there were good with the residents and got what was needed for someone. I thought the food was very good and there was variety. They normally had a choice every night. She was able to go down there for the first week only; then she was confined in her room and had to go on a special diet. The staff were gracious and very helpful. She was comfortable and cared for until she was bedridden. Then, I could say, things fell apart a little. But I was not sure whether it was because of the staff or the miscommunication between them and the hospice. I also thought that the certified nursing assistants were not totally doing their job. There came a time when she couldn't go down to the dining room, and they didn't see her when they cracked her door open. They thought she was already gone, and they did not bring her meals. We had a little problem with that. I thought it would also be better if they improved the communication between the health staff and the resident/resident's family.

Terry6 March 31, 2014

I talked to a personnel at The Windsor of Cape Coral, and she was very, very nice. She took time to sit down and talk to me. She told me to call her back if I needed anything, and she gave me a gift of brownies. That was very nice, and I wasn’t expecting that at all. The facility is also very beautiful. The facility was very well-decorated. There was a beautiful dining room right straight ahead, and it was very elaborate. It was very nice.

Helen36 March 31, 2014

The Windsor was nice, too. The rooms were beautiful. It was probably a little more elegant than the other place, but it wasn't as conducive to having a pet. You can have a pet there, but you have to walk it quite a ways to go out to go to the bathroom, and that wasn't as convenient, but everybody there was very friendly, very upbeat. The place is very clean, and if somebody likes things a little bit finer, they might prefer there. They'll take you to the doctor's and anything you need; they're there to accommodate you. There was really nothing wrong with it. It's very, very nice.

Jeanie2 March 27, 2014

The Windsor seemed to have more of what we were looking for. The staff was helpful, kind, understanding, and caring. The rooms were nice. My husband has Alzheimer's. They could have a little bit more food. He loves milk, and I had to ask for milk. I have to ask for a snack in between lunch and dinner. He could get hungry in between that.

It's clean, they keep the residents busy, and they play games. It's also close to where I live. The people were nice. There always seem something going on, and they entertain people. They do take them out on a bus. I think just to take them out on a ride at least once a week would really help them.

Caring77272050 February 28, 2014

I like the staff at Windsor of Cape Coral. They are very friendly, helpful, and very professional. The place was good. It was very nice clean, nice, and new. They have lots of activities for their patient like exercise classes. Actually the room of my aunt was organized and just adequate for her needs. The dining room was very nice and also clean and this is her personal choice so we decided to choose it for her.

Tim13 December 30, 2013

Mom moved to The Windsor of Cape Coral. One of the reasons why I chose this facility because it was the closets one to our house and it’s a fairly new building. It's owned by two brothers. I like smallness of the facility. Everybody knows everybody's name. The staff is helpful in every way. They are all pleasant and easy to talk with. The place is everything I hoped it could possibly be. We have no complaints of any kind. I have eaten there and their food is nice. They have three main selections for your meals. They have crafts classes and quilting class which my mother is in. They have knitting classes and Wii games. They play bingo. They have music and entertainers that come in a couple of days a week. They have exercise rooms and exercise classes. Since mom moved in, her physical health improved greatly in just a short amount of time and her mental health is unbelievably better.

Caring74130750 November 30, 2013

The Windsor was very new and beautiful. It looked to me that they were accommodating. The woman that we talked with, I thought she was very knowledgeable. The rooms were in good size.

greyhoundgirl October 29, 2012

We moved my parents out of their condo and into The Windsor over 2 years ago. My dad had been falling and was not able to get back up and my mom was diagnosed with Alheimers. The Windsor has taken very good care of both my parents and they have been able to live together this whole time as each has deteriorated. This facility is very beautiful and very clean. My dad will complain about the food, but I have eaten there many times and I have always found the food tasty. The residents can also order ala carte. The price is a bit high, but they are willing to work with you to see if there are options that are less costly and still meet your needs. We are all very happy with The Windsor.

From The Windsor of Cape Coral

The Windsor is a licensed assisted living and memory care residence dedicated to providing quality services in a warm, comfortable environment. We offer professional, personalized services designed to enhance the quality of life for those we serve.

At The Windsor, we are dedicated to each Residents' independence, choices and dignity.

Visit us for a tour and you'll see how our combination of a warm residential setting along with the caring, helpful staff at The Windsor is just the right choice for your housing or service needs.

Philosophy of Service

The Windsor is dedicated to providing the highest standard in quality of service, environment, and care to residents and their families. The foundation of our approach to service is built upon fundamental concepts we believe are important to every resident.

The concepts are central in our approach to quality service and supportive residential environments:

• Promote the individuality of each resident
  • Offer each resident dignity and respect
  • Foster independence for each resident
  • Support each resident’s right to privacy
  • Support the needs of family and friends
  • Provide a supportive residential environment
  • Partner with residents and family in care decisions
  • Offer individual choices in care, services and lifestyle
Tailored Services

At The Windsor, we recognize that each person has individual needs and preferences. With this in mind, we offer each resident a flexible service combination we call Tailored Services. The combination of the Base Monthly Service and the Tailored Services you choose results in your monthly Tailored Pricing. This unique plan provides you with the most individual personal service in the most cost effective manner.

Base Monthly Service Includes:

• Spacious apartment
  • Utilities (except phone)
  • Routine maintenance
  • Weekly housekeeping & linen service
  • Health monitoring by full time professional staff
  • Life Enrichment activities
  • 24-hour access to staff
  • Licensed nurse on staff

Tailored Services may include: (but are not limited to)

• Medication Assistance
  • Specialized diets
  • Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, and other personal care
  • Assistance with ambulation
  • Personal Laundry

The Windsor Personal Assessment provides for cooperative planning between you and our staff. As your needs or wants change, your Tailored Services can change with you. At The Windsor, you pay only for the services you need or want.

Enriching Activities

Life enriching activities come alive at The Windsor. Residents participate in hobbies, cultural events, educational opportunities, religious activities, and interesting trips, along with the opportunity for new experiences. New friends are made and relationships strengthened by spending enjoyable time together. Special cultural and community events are a highlight on The Windsor Life Enrichment Calendar.

The Life Enrichment Coordinator and the nurse create The Windsor Wellness Program which may include fun exercises, activities, and health education. The Windsor Wellness Program is designed to enhance the overall health and well-being of the residents.

Companion Services

You may choose additional personalized support or services through our specialized program call Windsor Companions. Windsor Companions spend time one-on-one with the resident providing special attention or care such as reading, shopping, letter writing, supervision, and support.

Quality Design Features

Every design feature of The Windsor is based on our philosophy of service and our dedication to creating quality environments and service delivery systems for the residents we serve.

Exterior:

• Elegant home-style architecture
  • Porte Cochere providing weather-covered access to front entrance
Interior:
  • Personal Care Suite providing health and wellness evaluations and services
  • Therapeutic and relaxing whirlpool spa
  • Elegant Palma Sola dining room
  • Courtyard Café for casual dining and snacks
  • Enclosed courtyard / screened lanai
Apartments:
  • Seven distinctive apartment styles
  • Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink, and cabinetry
  • Wall-to-wall carpeting, except bathrooms
  • Large bathroom with curbless shower
  • Emergency Call System with speaker response
  • Telephone and cable connections
  • Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
  • For your "Peace of Mind"
  • Electronically controlled entrances
  • Fire/smoke and sprinkler systems
  • Emergency generators for certain living areas

Location of The Windsor of Cape Coral