Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park

3421 Palmer Drive, Cameron Park, CA, 95682

Reviews of Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park

May 03, 2017

By jsai

My mother is currently a resident. She absolutely loves it! She told me that the residents and staff are her "family". I, as a daughter, am extremely happy with the care she receives. She is always well-cared for and I never have to worry, which is a relief. I can't say enough about how much my mom and I love the Lodge.

June 19, 2016

By SEH678733

I like living here. I like the people. They are all great day and night. It's home.

June 17, 2016

By CDale028411

Everybody has a choice at Eskaton. We can have anything we want off the menu, or the alternative menu like turkey breast. It's comfort food. They get the towels for you and make the beds for you. It's reassuring. I'm the only cat lady here.

June 14, 2016

By George M228851

It's comfortable. I get to do more of what I like to do. I like their meals. My favorite is breakfast, scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon, toast and coffee.

June 10, 2016

By RG528557

I have lived at Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park for only 3 months but I can tell you the staff is very good and the food is very good too. I love their desserts.

March 19, 2016

By Deedee10

I visited Eskaton Lodge. I really loved that place. It was wonderful. The people were great. The rooms were very spacious and had built-in cabinets, a refrigerator, a big flat-screen TV included, and a private bathroom. It would be wonderful for my mom if she could go there. However, they do not have any rooms available with a flat entry into the shower. There were activities happening every day.

January 15, 2016

By Mary118744850

The room was OK, but I just didn’t think Eskaton Lodge was the right fit for my dad, so we didn’t pick that place. We looked at it, walked around, went upstairs, and looked at the dining room. I didn’t like it. I didn’t think it was very clean.

Thank you for sharing your experience. We understand that selecting a community for a loved one is a very important decision. As a nonprofit, Eskaton's primary mission is to enhance the quality of life of seniors. We are happy to help you narrow down your selection by recommending communities and services that might better fit your needs. If you have additional feedback about your tour, please contact Glen Gillum at 530-672-8900.

December 30, 2015

By Sue Fielding

Mom is 95, sharp as a tack but mobility challenged. That staff is helpful and kind. I feel they always have her best interest in mind when interacting with her.

October 29, 2015

By Cathy N.

Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park was just one facility for residents. It was a lot smaller so it meant it had less residents. So, you would have more attention, possibly because there were less people to take care off. Their community room was small, but they were loads of people in that room. I knew that the activity director was doing something in that area on the day that we visited, and a lot of people were involved. So, that was kind of good. The rooms were smaller there, but they were also very nice. They had outings. They also took their people to their doctor's appointments.

August 29, 2015

By Jo's Family

Our mom received excellent care the last year of her life at Eskaton. The staff was caring and kind. They were like family to us. Any concerns were addressed quickly.

August 12, 2015

By Denice3

My mom uses Eskaton for respite care when my husband and I travel. She looks forward to her stays at the lodge and, if necessary, would enjoy living there.

August 10, 2015

By Suzanne36

I have nothing but high praise for the staff at Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park. I moved my mother to Eskaton Lodge after a very negative experience in a home care situation. Everyone at Eskaton was so kind to my mom, and she really felt happy and cared for there. The entire staff treated her as a family member! They were always patient, accommodating, and extremely respectful to mom. The caregivers and the nursing staff took initiative to solve any large or small issues that came up (like mom not wanting to eat) and never gave up trying to find solutions. The kitchen staff went out of their way to prepare foods that mom requested. I was also impressed with the low staff turnover. Employees seemed to truly like each other and like working at Eskaton. My family and I will be forever grateful that we found this gem of a place so close to where we live in the foothills near our home. Thank you Eskaton Lodge for making the last years of mom's life ones that were so filled with love and care!

August 10, 2015

By Dixie6

After extensive research, we chose Eskaton Lodge for their high standards of quality care and cleanliness. Their staff is devoted to making assisted living a qualify of life for seniors. They are sincere in making a difference to the lives of their residents. You will have peace of mind if you choose this facility.

July 31, 2015

By Raymond10

My father has been at Eskaton Lodge for 3 years. His care has been excellent and he loves the staff. As he says, "They have the patience of saints". He has thanked me and my wife many times for finding the place. We are totally happy with his care!

July 31, 2015

By J.1

My mother lived at the Eskaton Lodge for many years. There were some challenging times for her as she had dementia. She was well cared for and had a good home there. The staff was always considerate and loving towards her. They administered her medications and saw to her needs with great skill. The meals were also well planned and delicious. I would highly recommend this community to anyone who is looking for assisted living.

July 13, 2015

By Jerry109913450

The rooms at Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park were bigger. The staff was friendly.

June 30, 2015

By Carol113198450

The quality of meals in Eskaton Lodge is good. The care quality they provide is above average. Healthcare workers maintain a very friendly rapport with the residents. The workers are knowledgeable and observant too.

June 30, 2015

By Caring113198250

The quality of care my aunt and uncle have received from Eskaton over the past two years is excellent. I find the community clean and well - maintained. The staff and administration are always kind and professional. I love how I can easily receive information regarding the status of my aunt and uncle whether it is in person during a visit or over the phone. They really care for their residents and treat them as if they were family.

June 29, 2015

By Renee27

Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park provides good care. The staff is supportive to the residents as well as to their family members.

September 12, 2014

Eskaton Lodge is fantastic. They have many activities, and the whole staff including caregivers, nurses, and the management, is all great. It makes my husband feel like he is needed somewhere. They call him by his first name. He likes it over there. He’s only been there almost 3 weeks, but he’s already gone to Wal-Mart. He went to a barbecue out in Cameron Park Lake, and they have entertainment come in all the time. What they do is they put a great big calendar on the wall. They say each and every day what they’re having, if there’s going to be a rock and roll group or somebody from the church coming in. That’s great for all those who can’t see too well. They have a maintenance man who is so wonderful. He does everything. We really like him. We had to have some batteries for a flashlight, and he said not to ever worry about buying batteries. He went and got me a black marker so I can mark the sheets. My husband is a hard one to please, especially when it comes to food, and he likes what he’s getting so far. It’s very clean. They gave him a room that just had new carpeting put in, a new refrigerator, and a new 40-inch TV, plus the fact that he’s not afraid to go out the door to go somewhere because he knows the whole area. We lived in Cameron Park for 12 years, so he’s familiar with the stores, restaurants, and everything around it, and that helps him. Our neighbors still live there and they’re visiting him, so he has more company that way.

Photos of Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park

Services & Amenities of Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park

About Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park

Welcome home to Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park, our cozy assisted living community, located above Folsom, Highway 50. Nestled in the picturesque Sierra Nevada foothills, residents enjoy living above the heat and below the snow. Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park provides all the comforts of home, plus all the assistance residents may need to remain independent.

Residents appreciate the convenience of a supermarket, drug store, physicians and medical offices all within walking distance. Transportation is available, too, for less reliance on family for shopping or mealtimes. Residents also enjoy beautifully landscaped grounds complete with walking paths, picnic areas and vegetable gardens.

Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park provides all the comforts of home, plus personalized level of support residents need to remain independent. The emphasis is on fitness, nutrition and wellness for a healthy lifestyle.

Amenities include:
  • 24-hour staffing
  • Personalized care plans
  • Emergency alert response system
  • Arrangement of and transportation to medical appointments
  • Three meals-a-day, plus snacks (view sample menu)
  • Maintenance
  • Barber/Beauty shop

Recreational programs at Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park enrich our residents in mind, body and spirit. We offer:

• Musical events
  • Outings to area events, including plays, museums, parks and movies
  • Exercise classes