Nursing Homes in Wood County

6 Communities

Community Care Center of Mineola

716 Mimosa Street, Mineola, TX
1 review
Charlie: "My husband is in Mineola. It is small and clean. I have been very pleased with the care that my husband is getting. They help him into his wheelchair. He gets the immediate personal care that he needs. They have bingo games and entertainment. I think they had a country or western band yesterday that he was telling me about. Their food is like school cafeteria food. It take them less than five minutes to get to my husband when he rings. He is always clean, and they always giv... (read more)

Briar Hill Health Campus

600 Sterling Drive, North Baltimore, OH
1 review
Caring77483950: "I am pretty happy with Briar Hill. My mom spends 8 days in the hospital before she comes in there, and she is pretty weak, but she seems to be a favorite among the staff. She's having occupational and physical therapy every day. If they are making any kind of changes on her medication, her diet, or physical therapy, no matter how slight, they call me and let me know. I go there every day at different times so they don't know when I will come. I don't have to spend 6 to 8 hou... (read more)

Wood Memorial Nursing Home

320 GREENVILLE HIGHWAY, Mineola, TX
$$$$
Froehlich: "I am a daughter in law of a woman who just got out of that nursing home She was in rehab there. The rehab was very good.. The nurse aides may have been nice,but neglected some of her needs. They didn't empty her bedside commode in a timely manner,or position her I'm the bed. I would come in to visit her and she would be at an angle in the bed. For goodness sakes she just had cancer surgery. She had a hard time repositioning herself. They never helped her to turn on her si... (read more)

The Heritage Nursing Home

1026 E GOODE ST, Quitman, TX
$$$$
beryan2006: "My dad was in this nursing home as it was close to us. After a week or two they complained that he was giving them problems. He has dementia. They sent home to a Behavioral Unit for like 20 days. They had no issues with him. Heritage agreed to take him back long enough to get their money and they sent him packing, allowing social security to be sent back and Medicare lapse to where nothing was covered. Now they're claiming he owes them $300 instead of accepting his soci... (read more)

Whispering Pines A Texas General Partnership

910 S BEECH ST, Winnsboro, TX
1 review
Teddie: "Whispering Pines was a small community, so everyone knows everybody. It's got a homey feel to it. My mother's room was very blah, I wasn't very impressed, but I think she's being cared for there. The meals are pretty good. They did have things to do like painting, a pool room, and so on. I just wish they could have more physical therapy or something that could help the patients do more of the activities."

Trinity Nursing And Rehabilitation Of Winnsboro Lp

502 East Coke Rd, Winnsboro, TX
1 review
Lonnie: "Trinity of Winnsboro can't get their insurance program straightened out. While my mother was there, I had to go to the administration twice and tell them that she's over 300 pounds and hasn't had a bath in over a week. My aunt is there now and in her 80s and was reported to also not have had a bath in over a week. They're not doing a good job and are short on staff sometimes, but a week is too long. The place was clean and everything though."

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Wood County area find the nursing homes community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 12 reviews of nursing homes communities in the Wood County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 6 nursing homes communities in the Wood County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.