Do I need to get a new home health aide license if I've moved?

1 answer | Last updated: Sep 14, 2017
A fellow caregiver asked...

I have just relocated from New York to California. I was working as a home health aide for 3 years in New York. What should i do to find a job here in California? Is my license still good or do I need to get a California one? Thanks.

Expert Answers

Merrily Orsini, MSSW, was a pioneer in the business of providing geriatric care managed in-home care. She currently serves on the board of the National Association for Home Care and Hospice and is Chair of the Private Duty Homecare Association. She holds a master's degree in social work and is a nationally known writer and speaker on aging, elder issues, and in-home care.

To inquire about a home health license in California I would start by contacting CAHSAH and see if they can direct you to the correct agency that can answer your question.

California Association for Health Services at Home 3780 Rosin Court, Suite 190 Sacramento, CA 95834 (916) 641-5795 (916) 641-5881 fax 1-866-4CAHSAH