Harris Hill Nursing Facility L L C

Reviews of Harris Hill Nursing Facility L L C

3.5

November 20, 2013

By an appreciative son

My Mom is a resident on a long term unit and she LOVES it there. All the staff from the nurses, CNA's, food service, Activity and even the housekeepers know my Mom by name. They are all very attentive, caring and compassionate. One of the CNA's even gave her a very touching gift on her birthday. It amazes me how they keep smiling and working so hard after watching them have to interact with some very disrespectful and rude family members! Harris Hill is a very, very special place.
Thank you for your kind feedback. Your words are a tribute to those who work hard to make Harris Hill an enjoyable place to live and work.

August 21, 2013

By Jilleane

We place out mother in law at Harris Hills Nursing Facility because they had such a high rating. But the place was actually a dump. My mother-in-law was in the skill nursing section and the place was pitiful. They did not shower her. They did not clean her clothes. They wouldn't change her. When I took her to the bathroom, their alarm went off, then my husband who was sitting on the bed, jumped up to see what the alarm was. But that alarm went off for 22 minutes and nobody responded. There was hole on the floor of her room that I tripped on twice and the only reason she didn't was because she couldn't get her wheelchair on that side of the bed. Her clothes on her closet were thrown on the floor. The people in there were not being cared for. I had used the restroom upfront and there was so much urine on the floor that my shoes got stuck on the floor. We could've taken her out of there and they wouldn't even know that she's gone. She's totally blind and we couldn't understand why she lost 25 pounds. Nobody was helping her to eat. So, by the time she got the fork on to her mouth, there was no food on it. They'd leave her in the dining room for an hour and an hour and a half. They wouldn't let her be in her room. The one nurse we met, everybody else were aids, was very snippy and they didn't know anything. They didn't know who her doctor was. They didn't know she was supposed to do rehab. Her hand had closed up. I went ballistic when I was in there. We were there on a 5:00 o'clock on a Friday night and at 1:00 o'clock in the morning. I said: "Your mother is going to move out of there if that's the last thing I ever do".
Dear Jilleane – we appreciate your feedback and have shared it with our administrative team.

June 25, 2012

By johnrbet

This was a absolutely wonderful retirement residence. They had an abundant and caring staff and took very good care of our aunt. They had plenty of space to for us to have family parties and "get togethers" with her, of which we had many. The residences were spacious and very well kept, and located in a nice suburban area. I am glad she had her final days at such a nice place, when she could no longer take care of herself.The workers were incredibly patient and understanding. A funny story was how auntie would put her coat on and wait outside her room for the bus, even though this was inside the building. It became such a problem, that the orderlies had to quietly place her coat in another closet. They were so good to her! They also have very decent nearby medical services would highly recommend Harris Hill for elder care and rehabilitation.

April 15, 2012

By jmarran

In the United States, sometimes there is a negative connotation when people think about a skilled nursing facility, but when my friend Keith was a patient at Harris Hill, I saw first hand that not all nursing homes are created equally. Whether it was the personal attention given to him as he began his rehabilitation, the friendly staff, or the clean and professional environment, the experience at Harris Hill was a positive one to be certain. Because of this high quality of care afforded to him, he was able to recover almost completely in the time he stayed there. Even today, though he isn't a resident, he still continues his rehab on an outpatient basis. The commitment to care is what makes Harris Hill the best choice for elder care that I have witnessed.

March 30, 2012

By Stu

My mother has been living in the Care Unit at Harris Hill since September, 2010. The care in this facility is tremendous. It is a secured unit of approximately 52 people. There is plenty of nursing staff, aides, recreation staff and a social worker on daily. If my mother or I have concerns, it is always taken care of in a timely fashion. The staff is always pleasant and caring towards my mother and I . There are lots of social events for the residents and families. The actual facility is always clean and cheerful. I am very pleased with our choice for Mom's difficult care decision.

Photos of Harris Hill Nursing Facility L L C

About Harris Hill Nursing Facility L L C

Welcome to The McGuire Group’s family-owned Harris Hill Nursing Facility located in Williamsville, NY. Since 1992, we have been committed to pioneering and integrating progressive programs and services that include inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, skilled nursing care, palliative care and respite/short-term care. This commitment has resulted in our facility continuously receiving outstanding 5-star ratings from the federal government, which rates every facility in the country. In addition, for the past five years, the NY State Department of Health has issued a Nursing Home Quality Initiative that evaluates nearly 600 nursing homes in the state based on quality performance. Harris Hill Nursing Facility is among an elite list of facilities state-wide that has achieved the top quintile status for 5 out of 5 years, with The McGuire Group being the only multi-facility provider in the state to have achieved this milestone. Our staff welcomes you to complete an online admission application and make an appointment for a personal tour. Thank you for your interest in Harris Hill.

Map of Harris Hill Nursing Facility L L C