Arbor Trace | Nursing Home

3701 Hodgin Rd, Richmond, IN, 47374

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Arbor Trace | Nursing Home

Billie B.1 March 16, 2016

The people at Arbor Trace were very nice. I didn’t like that it didn't have a homey atmosphere and felt more institutional. It had the assisted living, rehab, and long-term care. The administration called back and were very helpful, but I didn’t think the place was quite as clean as it could have been. It seemed to have more people needing nursing care because the nurse's cart was right there at the front door. The rooms were nice, but I just didn’t like the hallways or the way it was set up; it was not friendly and too big. It’s a great rehab place, and a lot of people like it but I didn’t.

Dr. J Espiotto, MD December 27, 2015

My experience with Arbor Trace was NOT good. I learned since that many of my friends have had a similar experience with their aging parents in this facility, as well. We found the place to be extremely short staffed. My mother-in-law had to wait up to 2 hours on many occasions to have a call light answered. Even then, one of the family had to go find a nurse or nurses assistant to answer the light. The administration of her medications was often 'forgotten' and the staff would often forget to deliver meals to her room. My mother-in-law is diabetic so medications and meals are imperative. When I complained nothing was ever done and no promised follow up was given to me. They advertise a great activity program, but we failed to see anything happen other than the residents asleep in the lounges whenever we visited. We finally decided to take my relative to Forest Park where we received much better care and therapy. I was very disappointed with Arbor Trace.

Bart2 August 10, 2015

My mom was at Arbor Trace. It was extremely good. The nursing staff and the care were excellent. Even helping her move back into her home was good. She was in a private room with an easy chair, a telephone, a working desk, a private bathroom, and a bed. They had activities everyday like bingo, outings, movies, and get-togethers. She was very comfortable there. The food was good.

panpan April 24, 2012

My mother and I visited Arbor Trace's assisted living facility several weeks ago, to see a family friend who was recuperating from a bad fall. The friend was staying in the assisted living portion of Arbor Trace until she was well enough to return to her residence. My impressions of Arbor Trace were mostly positive. The facilities appeared to be clean and well-maintained. Several of the common areas were named after local attractions. There was a small movie theatre named after the former Tivoli movie house that many residents at Arbor Trace probably remember fondly. The dining halls and community room appeared to be nicely appointed. We didn't see a lot of people around, but that could have been because of the time of day we visited, which was early afternoon. I think that most of the residents are in the nursing home section of the facility, and we did not go into that area. Our friend was doing well, and seemed to like it there, all things considered. I thought her room was a bit sparse, but maybe that was because she was there only for a temporary stay. I think if she had moved in permanently, she would have selected a larger room. The staff we interacted with were friendly, and were very courteous about not interrupting our visit. The person at the front desk had to call around to verify that our friend was there and where she was staying, however, which I thought was odd. I would give Arbor Trace a good rating overall from what I saw during the visit.

About Arbor Trace

Arbor Trace is a nursing home in Richmond, IN that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Arbor Trace for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Arbor Trace

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 155481

Location of Arbor Trace