Manor Care of South Ogden

5540 South 1050 East, Ogden, UT, 84405

Reviews of Manor Care of South Ogden

dawn123 February 07, 2012

Manor care has given great care to my loved one. My father came into the facility and was not doing well at all. The Rehab and nursing staff took the time to work with him and spent time taling with us. Of course they were busy but never too busy to take time for us. I spent a lot of time at the facility and the satff treat the residents like family. While there I seen a staff memeber break down in tears when a resident expired, she said to me they are our family, we spend more time here than at home and its hard to lose people we love and take care of. Right then I knew my dad was in great hands. He went home and has done very well, we make sur ethat we go up and say hi to the satff and they still remember our names. The facility is very clean and the satff care. Thank you for getting our dad home...

nmark007 June 08, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

Manor Care is great for individuals that do not have retirement funds to help pay for an assisted living center as they do take Medicare and Medicaid and it paid for my Grandmother's entire stay there after a hip surgery. The facility is clean but it does have a very strong odor, perhaps too much ammonia? The staff members were cordial but not overly friendly like you get at most assisted living centers. They did not help me find my Grandmothers room at all and I ended up walking around from door to door, looking for names on the doors until I found her room. Grandmother was unable to do most of the activities as she recovered from her hip surgery but she did complain of loneliness as the only activity she really was involved in was eating lunch and being wheeled back to her room. Many family members would come and take her for walks around the center and play games with her as they didn't do any of this at the facility. One of the biggest complaints is that they did not pay any attention to the bed sores she had. These bed sores were very bad and the dressings often went unchanged for days. Then when she passed away, there were about 5 of us in the room with her as she passed and the nurses did not come in for over an hour to clean her body! It is a facility that does what it says on the brochure but if you are seeking a facility with more social interaction and attention, it may be best to tour a few other places as well.

About Manor Care of South Ogden

Manor Care of South Ogden is a nursing home in Ogden, UT that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Manor Care of South Ogden for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Manor Care of South Ogden

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Manor Care of South Ogden