The Meridian Nursing Home

2228 SEAWALL BLVD, Galveston, TX, 77550

Reviews of The Meridian | Nursing Home

November 02, 2011

By gg33

The staff nurses are great, however, some of the CNA's have a lot to be desired. I have personally seen that several residents remain in wet garmets an entire morning and sometimes the food is served cold because the place is understaffed. It has potential to be a fabulous place if there were more people who cared like the nurses care. Also, there are to many family members working there. I think the entire staff is related somehow. It makes it hard to report anyone because their rear is covered by some family member.

May 02, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

AVOID THIS PLACE!! UTMB sent my Aunt there for physical therapy rehab after a short hospital stay, and no one seemed to know why she was there. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt since it was Saturday afternoon when she came in, but it was no better on Monday. Mom spent all Monday morning on the phone with them to try to find out the game plan, no one knew anything! Just kept transferring her call around. By afternoon on Monday, Mom had come and taken my Aunt out of there. There are facilities that are good and that do take care of patients, but this is not one of them!! They had no hot water on Saturday when she got there, and STILL no hot water on Monday afternoon. Of course none of the staff who we asked on Saturday, on Sunday and on Monday knew what was wrong or when it would be fixed. The nurse told me they were waiting for a part to come in. How are they sanitizing dishes and bathing patients? (Hint, they're not)The dining area is a joke. I have never seen a more Mickey Mouse kitchen operation!! The 'visiting' area had 4 crappy tables and 1 broken chair. I would NOT leave my loved one in their care!

Features of The Meridian

Medicare (ratings last updated: 03/01/18)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 02/01/2018

About The Meridian

The Meridian is a nursing home in Galveston, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact The Meridian for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of The Meridian