Reviews of The Meridian

Posted by Sandy M. June 09, 2015
4.0

My mother was there for approximately 8 weeks. We were there all of her waking hours. She received friendly, caring attention at every turn. The staff went above and beyond to make her comfortable, both physically and emotionally. We also witnessed staff deal with the other patients with patience and kindness. They learned individuals' idiosyncrasies and responded to each in the most appropriate way. The OT, PT and ST were also amazing in outling and executing plans that enabled her speedy recovery. We are grateful for the professional, positive environment afforded by The Meridian in our time of need.

Posted by Caring104324150 April 17, 2015
1.0

We were extremely disappointed with The Meridian. He was so terrified about what happened there. He came home, and he was so afraid and traumatized. He said they were so mean. He fell between the bed and the wall and got a big skin wound, and the blood stayed on the wall the rest for the time that he was there. I would rate them a -10. There was a dead roach smashed on the wall, and it was there when we left. The room was dirty, and he was dirty as well. It was horrible.

Posted by MGanoosh February 18, 2015
1.0

Please do not ever leave a loved one here. My father with Alzheimer's was here for rehab after many brain surgeries. The facility was dirty, with dead bugs everywhere. The staff was unorganized. Worst of all, months after my father's stay there, he still asks us to never send him back to "those people, those mean people." I don't want to think about what they could have done, so please avoid this place at all cost.

Posted by 25bg January 07, 2013

I love it there

Posted by gg33 November 03, 2011
2.0

The staff nurses are great, however, some of the CNA's have a lot to be desired. I have personally seen that several residents remain in wet garmets an entire morning and sometimes the food is served cold because the place is understaffed. It has potential to be a fabulous place if there were more people who cared like the nurses care. Also, there are to many family members working there. I think the entire staff is related somehow. It makes it hard to report anyone because their rear is covered by some family member.

Posted by bk.casa May 03, 2011
1.0

Friend or relative of resident

AVOID THIS PLACE!! UTMB sent my Aunt there for physical therapy rehab after a short hospital stay, and no one seemed to know why she was there. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt since it was Saturday afternoon when she came in, but it was no better on Monday. Mom spent all Monday morning on the phone with them to try to find out the game plan, no one knew anything! Just kept transferring her call around. By afternoon on Monday, Mom had come and taken my Aunt out of there. There are facilities that are good and that do take care of patients, but this is not one of them!! They had no hot water on Saturday when she got there, and STILL no hot water on Monday afternoon. Of course none of the staff who we asked on Saturday, on Sunday and on Monday knew what was wrong or when it would be fixed. The nurse told me they were waiting for a part to come in. How are they sanitizing dishes and bathing patients? (Hint, they're not)The dining area is a joke. I have never seen a more Mickey Mouse kitchen operation!! The 'visiting' area had 4 crappy tables and 1 broken chair. I would NOT leave my loved one in their care!

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 676260

Health
3.0
Overall
3.0
Quality