Palm Garden of Gainesville

227 S.W. 62nd Blvd, Gainesville, FL, 32067

Reviews of Palm Garden of Gainesville

CChapel September 26, 2014

I am very disappointed in Palm Gardens of Gainesville, FL. My relative broke a hip while under their care. We have found both roaches and ants in her room. The food is terrible. My relative has lost weight while under their care. The staff are friendly, but I believe, despite the ratings, that the nursing home is understaffed. My mother was in a nursing home in Trenton, FL that was superior to this one in every way. It is unfortunate that Gainesville, home of the University of Florida, does not have better nursing homes in town.

Caring91354050 August 27, 2014

Palm Garden is pretty good. My father-in-law got better from the stroke he had, and he was not as disabled as other people, so he wants to go home. They said he can go home on the condition that he has a nurse to go with him to take care of his daily care and to make sure everything's fine. They have activities, a recreation room with a TV, board games they can play, even a barbershop. I think he likes the food. But it's a nursing home, so it can be depressing. I see more people in wheelchairs, so I think that's why he wanted to go home so much. They're clean, and I'm happy with that. I also like the location because it's very close to the mall. It's easy to direct people to find it. It's pretty hard to get in, and they always have limited beds because they are quite popular.

Caring83390850 June 17, 2014

Mom was in Palm Garden, and my sister and I were not happy with them. We actually took our mother out of there. Mom was there after a long stay in a hospital, and she ended up with a bedsore on her heel that they didn't recognize until sometime down the road. They didn't respond to it quickly enough. She ended up with almost a year's worth of treatment, in and out of the hospital, in rehab, on finding it. They just weren't watching and paying much attention to the condition of the patients. My mother wasn't the only one who complained. Her roommate was a woman who was just building up her strength to have a heart surgery. She knew what was going on, and she got up and left of her on accord because she didn't like the way she was being treated. I knew that when my mom was there, they were understaffed. I knew they had a number of turnovers of the actual nurse level that they had in the facility, and I don't think they had enough mid-level aide staff that would be able to assist the patients. My mom could use extra care, and it just wasn't there.

There were several places in the facility that smelled, and I was sure because there were some patients in that area that were more incontinent than the others. The bathroom in my mom's room wasn't clean. A lot of the times that I would go in there, I found it to be filthy. You could smell the odor immediately when you walked into her unit and in the hallway. So my sister said she just couldn't have my mom there any longer, and we took her out.

fieryangel November 20, 2012

I visit this location often to see my aunt. Most of the staff is very friendly there. There have been a couple of occasions that I have had to talk to the director of the facility. The first time was to ask them to replace the dresser in her room because it was broken and after several times of reporting it to the nurse and it not being handled I decided to go to the director. The second time was because after three consecutive visits all of her clothes were missing and she was wearing scrubs instead of the clothes that I had taken her to wear. After about a week the director did take care of those issues. Overall the facility is very clean and everyone seems to be friendly even when you show up for a visit that is not announced.The only complaint that I really have now is that she needs a haircut and they have not given her the money from her account to have one. I feel like this facility is better than some of the others that I have heard horror stories about, so I am happy.

sharjabb February 29, 2012

My experience with Palm Gardens was a pleasant one. Everyone one is treated like family. The facility gives the feel of home. They offer numerous activities, and games. The rooms are large and private. Upon entering, the staff greet you and help you with any concerns or questions. They have a music room that proves to be very delightful for the residents. When taking home a loved one for the day or longer, you can bet the staff are helpful and attentive. When returning they joyfully greet and ask about the visit. If I ever have the need to be in such a facility, this one will be my first choice. I have rarely ever experienced such a nice place. It reminds me of staying in an resort hotel. I feel like my loved ones are safe and secure here. They enjoy staying here which helps me to feel better about my choice. So it is highly recommended by me and my family.

From Palm Garden of Gainesville

Palm Garden of Gainesville has been a part of the community for over 18 years. We are fortunate to be located in a city that supplies us with excellent resources such as Shands teaching hospital and the University of Florida. Palm Garden of Gainesville is proud to be utilized as a training center for a host of schools, colleges, community volunteer groups and Physician interns that specialize in the services we provide. Our Medical Director is board certified in Internal Medicine and Geriatrics. He is renowned for his expertise in Geriatric care and serves as Chief, Division of Geriatrics at the University of Florida.

Features of Palm Garden of Gainesville

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Palm Garden of Gainesville