Brookdale Topeka

5800 SW Drury Lane, Topeka, KS, 66604

Reviews of Brookdale Topeka

December 30, 2015

By anonymous118143050

I visited Brookdale Topeka. It was very good. It was bit expensive, but it seemed to fit what I needed for my father. The rooms looked good, and they had it modified for the individual. I was impressed with the activities. They had activities that seemed to be usable for my father. The staff seemed friendly and positive.

October 19, 2015

By Sue Z.

My father was in Brookdale Topeka's care until his death 8 days ago. If I could build a building and hand pick the people who would care for my father, it would be EXACTLY like Brookdale Topeka. The people genuinely care about their "family" of residents. And, it is a family! The communication is outstanding and the facility is always clean. There is such a positive feeling when you walk in the door. They got to know my father and loved him even when he was difficult. I am so grateful for their care and compassion. They allowed me to be his daughter. They took care of the rest. It is hard to say goodbye to my Brookdale family!

June 23, 2015

Clare Bridge was very expensive. The people were very friendly and very warm. There were no problems with them. They showed me the listing of everything that they had, and I could tell that they kept the people busy, which was nice.

December 12, 2012

By Kansas Girl

The caregivers are thoughtful, caring, and professional.

July 20, 2011

By Roberts1980

This is a beautiful facility operated by the large management company Brookdale. It is focused specifically on memory care, so it is a secure facility. While the building is a few years old now, it was very clean and well-maintained. I actually arrived this morning just as a truck full of furniture was pulling into the driveway. My guide explained that the facility was being remodelled so all of the furniture would be replaced. Despite several temporarily empty common areas, the facility felt small and homey. It had three separate, enclosed courtyard areas where residents were encouraged to garden, paint, and barbecue, as well as sit on the sun porch and read. Indoors, in an effort to encourage "daily moments of success" the managers have set up a number of task-specific activity stations which they say allows residents with memory issues to feel accomplished. Some of these include a dishwashing station, laundry folding, a carpentry workbench area (without dangerous tools), and a sewing machine (without a needle). I would heartily recommend this facility to residents with memory care needs. However, I'm unsure that this facility would be well-equipped to accommodate my grandfather who has no memory problems. While the care would be impeccable for his wife, I'm afraid he would find himself frustrated without some friends and neighbours who did not suffer from Alzheimer's or Dementia.

Photos of Brookdale Topeka

Features of Brookdale Topeka

About Brookdale Topeka

At Brookdale Topeka we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Clare Bridge of Topeka are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Topeka