Brookdale Reno

3105 Plumas Street, Reno, NV, 89509

Reviews of Brookdale Reno

June 26, 2014

I like the Emeritus, the people especially, but the facility is older and smaller. They did have large bathrooms, but their rooms were very small. Also, they were just wood flooring, and they were quite a bit more expensive too. They did have several small dining rooms, which weren't bad. They also had wonderful activities. The people themselves were lovely. Also, if you have a pet, you could bring your animal there. However, I didn't feel as comfortable there. It felt like a prison to me, and I didn't want that for my husband. They didn't have many men there. I wanted a place that had more men.

August 30, 2012

By Number One Son

My Dad has been at Emeritus for three months. It is a lock down facility so it is very secure.Dad lives in a very small room. The food is o.k., but without any exercise program, Dad has gained 25 pounds which is bad for his heart. The staff that takes care of Dad is competent, compassionate and very patient.However, the Director is very manipulative and dishonest. I DO NOT recommend the Emeritus @ Reno as a place for your loved ones.

February 28, 2012

I am still actively researching facilities in the area for the care of my wife. I did the tour the staff was knowledgeable and friendly. It was was a nice facility. I would recommend this facility to anyone.

Photos of Brookdale Reno

Features of Brookdale Reno

About Brookdale Reno

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Our senior community is designed with four memory care "neighborhoods," each with 13 small private studio apartments. Most have views of the courtyard; some with views of the golf course. Each apartment includes a bathroom (no shower for safety reasons), cable access, individually controlled temperature and air conditioning and emergency call buttons. The rooms are small and intimate. Residents are welcome to create their own personal space by decorating their studios anyway they wish. They also have full access to the neighborhood's own living room area, dining room and kitchen and can wander into the other three neighborhoods whenever they wish. In the center of the community is our Town Square, with a wellness center, private dining room, group activities room, a beauty salon, and our community center. The Town Square offers many large windows looking out onto the secured courtyard area. Each neighborhood entrance is located in the Town Square and offers a sitting area with something different that invites engagement - a beautiful fish tank, a piano, a slot machine and in another, stuffed animals and a dollhouse. This is very much a place for residents to observe the world around them, just like if they were in the park, sitting on a bench. This unique set up - with small private rooms, individual neighborhoods and a central Town Square - creates the feeling of a small community within a town and gives residents the personal space they need, while encouraging them to engage with others. Visitors also often remark upon how cheerful, bright and clean our community is.

Map of Brookdale Reno