Dogwood Terrace

10300 Three Chopt Rd, Richmond, VA, 23233

Reviews of Dogwood Terrace

Gene15 April 18, 2015

There was availability and price at Dogwood Terrace. They have a walking club and movie night. They do bingo, horse racing, cards, puzzles, and exercise activities. The food is great, and the room is spacious enough. The staff is very nice, too.

Dorothy104286950 January 12, 2015

I was pretty impressed with Dogwood Terrace, and I actually went there several times. They worked really hard to keep their people happy, and I would really recommend them highly. The food was wonderful, and I keep fantasizing about it. If there's anything that would make me decide, it would be the food because the food was totally gourmet. The grounds are very pretty. There is a park there within walking distance where I could go and walk in. There is a beautiful pond, walking trails, and lots of nice things, and also within walking distance are some of the really best shopping areas of Richmond. They liked me, and I liked them a lot, but I just really wasn't ready to do this. It is just expensive. The only one that I could even hope to ever live in would be the studio which was tiny and claustrophobic.

Deborah32 July 30, 2014

I visited Dogwood Terrace. It's a lovely place. What my mother hated about it was that they don't have a full kitchen. My mother really hated that. She felt like that we were saying she couldn't be trusted to have a kitchen. Nevertheless, Dogwood Terrace was beautiful. It was a smaller community, more intimate, and very friendly, but my mother could not get over that they didn't have a full kitchen. The dining room was gorgeous. It was really new. The upgrades were really pretty. It was a very attractive facility.

Nanette3 April 22, 2014

Dogwood Terrace is a combination because they don't provide assisted living, but they have nurses who are contracted in the building, so the nursing is available to anyone who wants to hire that service. It seems to be new and clean. They seem very concerned about the cleanliness, so that's important. The grounds are very well-kept, and the management is on-site. It's a family, and they are very, very friendly.

I like that they're always trying to engage the residents to be very social, and they have a lot of different things going on. They have different people who come in and entertain at parties and get-togethers. I think it's really perfect for someone who doesn't want or can't spend top dollar because it really has all of those things that you want without being too expensive.

The only thing that's lacking is they need a little more variety in the food, and some of the residents say that. They have a lot of food, and it is well-prepared, but it's very often the same thing over and over. If you want some variety, you just order in or go out sometimes.

Caring74106050 December 27, 2013

The residents at Dogwood Terrace encouraged me to move down there. It looked like a very nice place. The staff was friendly, the rooms were spacious and nice.

From Dogwood Terrace

Dogwood Terrace is located in Richmond, VA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Dogwood Terrace for a visit...and stay!

Features of Dogwood Terrace

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room