Dogwood Terrace

Overview of Ratings

4.8

March 31, 2016

By Alvin6

I thought Dogwood Terrace was a really nice place with really nice people. It was clean and had everything that you could want. If you went there, you would not need anything else. You pay one price and have everything. However, it was a little too expensive for what I wanted and needed. Other than that, if someone would need that type of living, that would be fine.

April 18, 2015

By Gene15

There was availability and price at Dogwood Terrace. They have a walking club and movie night. They do bingo, horse racing, cards, puzzles, and exercise activities. The food is great, and the room is spacious enough. The staff is very nice, too.

January 12, 2015

By Dorothy104286950

I was pretty impressed with Dogwood Terrace, and I actually went there several times. They worked really hard to keep their people happy, and I would really recommend them highly. The food was wonderful, and I keep fantasizing about it. If there's anything that would make me decide, it would be the food because the food was totally gourmet. The grounds are very pretty. There is a park there within walking distance where I could go and walk in. There is a beautiful pond, walking trails, and lots of nice things, and also within walking distance are some of the really best shopping areas of Richmond. They liked me, and I liked them a lot, but I just really wasn't ready to do this. It is just expensive. The only one that I could even hope to ever live in would be the studio which was tiny and claustrophobic.

July 30, 2014

By Deborah32

I visited Dogwood Terrace. It's a lovely place. What my mother hated about it was that they don't have a full kitchen. My mother really hated that. She felt like that we were saying she couldn't be trusted to have a kitchen. Nevertheless, Dogwood Terrace was beautiful. It was a smaller community, more intimate, and very friendly, but my mother could not get over that they didn't have a full kitchen. The dining room was gorgeous. It was really new. The upgrades were really pretty. It was a very attractive facility.

April 22, 2014

By Nanette3

Dogwood Terrace is a combination because they don't provide assisted living, but they have nurses who are contracted in the building, so the nursing is available to anyone who wants to hire that service. It seems to be new and clean. They seem very concerned about the cleanliness, so that's important. The grounds are very well-kept, and the management is on-site. It's a family, and they are very, very friendly. I like that they're always trying to engage the residents to be very social, and they have a lot of different things going on. They have different people who come in and entertain at parties and get-togethers. I think it's really perfect for someone who doesn't want or can't spend top dollar because it really has all of those things that you want without being too expensive. The only thing that's lacking is they need a little more variety in the food, and some of the residents say that. They have a lot of food, and it is well-prepared, but it's very often the same thing over and over. If you want some variety, you just order in or go out sometimes.

December 27, 2013

The residents at Dogwood Terrace encouraged me to move down there. It looked like a very nice place. The staff was friendly, the rooms were spacious and nice.

Photos of Dogwood Terrace

Features of Dogwood Terrace

• Minimum Rate: $1974/month

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About Dogwood Terrace

Dogwood Terrace is located in Richmond, VA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Dogwood Terrace for a visit...and stay!

Map of Dogwood Terrace