Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons | Independent Living

5999 University Drive, Parkland, FL, 33067

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons | Independent Living

Karen107488750 June 15, 2015

Aston Gardens is a higher end with a more luxurious feeling type of location. It feels like a well-appointed cruise ship. The staff that gave us a tour was excellent. We met a few people along the way, and everyone was friendly and approachable. For the independent living side, it had a beautiful apartment. There was a distinct difference between the independent living and the assisted living. For the independent living, they were lovely apartments, which were beautifully maintained, roomy, and very nice. The assisted living was in a separate building. It is very well staffed and well maintained but with a much more institutional feeling. They had many activities, but I did not observe any. I saw all the different rooms, and I know they have frequent educational speakers and shows as well as exercise classes and other health related activities. Their dining area was setup like a fancy restaurant. Everything was clean, and they have a shuttle service so that you can call for transportation from your building to the restaurant, which was very nice. For the independent living side, the apartments were very appealing and roomy. It feels like a high end condominium.

Fran18 April 22, 2015

I have already signed a lease at Aston Gardens. I picked up the keys yesterday. I am not sure when I will be moving in, but the atmosphere is really nice. It is lively. It is not one of these places where nothing goes on. They seem to have a lot of activities, and the staff is really nice. It seems really homey. I like it a lot. They have wide screened in balconies.

Betty99541150 September 29, 2014

Aston Gardens is not only beautiful but I love living here. If someone should ask “What do you love about Aston Gardens” I would reply – “Everything”.

Gary40 September 24, 2014

Aston Gardens is very nice. It is a good location. Parkland is 10 minutes from where I live. Aston Gardens has access to activities. They have buses and entertainment. It is a nice community. That's why we put my mother there. My mother lives by herself there. With regards to the room, it is probably the largest square footage in the independent community. They have music, entertainment, movies, and lectures for activities. The staff is extremely helpful and they're very understanding. They have very good staff there. When you need to get anywhere in the community, they'll send the bus. They'll shuttle you around, which is very nice.

Stanley3 September 23, 2014

After spending 1 year here, we are very happy with the help, the services and the facilities!

Caring82521650 April 30, 2014

Aston Gardens is a more of a larger facility with separate buildings around the lake. It's got more intensive grounds, which is very nice. The place is very clean and very well-manned. Their menu is quite extensive, but the facility is also expensive. The staff were very professional.

Debbie M1 December 20, 2013

Impeccably clean. Very classy staff. Beautiful dining room and private dining room! Very friendly and organized. Eaten there more than several times and it is definitely fine dining. Health care immediate. From small to apts. with 1,600 square feet including the porch. Just gorgeous. My husband (75 years old) and I are signing up this Sunday to wait for an large condo there. We can't wait!

Mark20 August 01, 2013

My mom used to be at Aston Gardens. It was a nice facility in a secluded area. My mom had a one-bedroom apartment with a living room and a little kitchen area. Their food was typical institutional food. They had sing-along, a few shows, old movies, bingo and occasionally they had someone who lectured to them. My mom was in the assisted-living, but they were more geared towards their independent-living. I didn't like the care that she was getting there. They isolated her from the rest of the community. She was hospitalized because of a seizure problem and since then she became worse so we moved her. I thought they were happy that we moved her out of there. I would not recommend them to somebody else.

About Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons

Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons is an independent living community in Parkland, FL designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons

• Internet in residents' rooms

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: $2,500 community fee

• Minimum age: 55

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons