The Harrison Regent

4481 Harrison Blvd, Ogden, UT, 84403

Reviews of The Harrison Regent

Barbara343570 September 09, 2016

The Harrison Regent was a little older. There were very friendly people. I just liked the hominess of the place. We saw a studio, a one-bedroom unit, and a two-bedroom unit, and I liked them. There was flexibility in the way the rooms were set up. The residents were very friendly. There were various programs going on like crafts and book clubs. A computer was set up, too. They had places where you could sit around the fireplace, just be quiet, or have small talk. The little places were on the different floors. I thought that was a unique situation. I didn't see that in other places.

Reed728148 August 30, 2016

The Harrison Regent was not quite as good as the other facilities I'd visited, but it was fine, and the staff treated me right. They were very friendly. The rooms were too small. The food was alright. The location was too far away for me.

Hello Reed, my name is Katie, and I'd like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so happy to hear our staff was friendly and treated you right, though we do wish our location was closer to you!

Carolyn117308450 December 17, 2015

At The Harrison Regent, they have a three-bedroom/two-bath for $1,800, which was the main reason I took it. The staff is very good. The rooms are nice and very roomy with a lot of closets. They have a dining room with tables and people who serve us, but the food could be a little better. They have quite a few activities, like exercise classes, bingo, card games, movies, musical entertainment, and outings to events.

Shelley11 December 10, 2015

The Harrison Regent was very nice, though my mother thought it was way too fancy. It was upscale and very clean. The rooms and staff were very nice. I liked it. They even offered us to stay for free for a couple of days to see how my mom will like it, but she didn’t like it. When we went to visit, a guy was playing music and everybody was sitting around, listening to the music, and she said this wasn’t her kind of place. I was impressed, but my mom wasn’t. If I had the money, I’d stay in this place.

Anonymous115566650 November 25, 2015

I visited The Harrison Regent. It was the least costly one, but we still couldn't afford it. It would've been perfect and ideal, but unfortunately it's just not affordable for everyone. It was all clean and smelled clean, and everyone seemed nice. It had a big dining area and vending machines. I took a tour and the rooms looked good with nice views. They had movies, popcorn night, cards, and music, and they also had an exercise place.

Marlene32 November 16, 2015

We visited The Harrison Regent. The facility was very old, the apartments were small, and the smell in there was not very good. We would not be able to live there. The staff that took us through was very nice, but we didn’t want to live there.

Hi Marlene, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. First, I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience during your tour of Harrison Regent. I find your comment about smell/cleanliness particularly discerning since we pride ourselves on our housekeeping services as one of our top amenities. I've passed your concerns on to our Resident Relations team for their review. Thanks, Katie

Caring110270150 July 28, 2015

The Harrison Regent was a very nice home. I like the plan for their schedules and programs. The people I talked to were very nice and very informative. The apartment that I saw was very clean and neat, but the one-bedroom would not do for me because of the stuff that I have. A friend had been there, and she liked the church meetings and the exercise programs. She really enjoyed it, but there wouldn't be any place for me to take my pet outside. There wouldn't be a yard nor any place that would benefit my dog. There's no place nearby either. My friend had a two-bedroom apartment.

David111306050 May 23, 2015

The Harrison Regent is the only one that we visited. They invited us in for lunch, they serve three meals a day, and they have facilities to help take care of you -- the type of thing that we were looking into. It was clean, and they had very helpful people who were very knowledgeable in what they were doing. They even offered to pay my rent before my contract expires on this apartment we are renting. They offered to pay that for three months so that my wife and I could move in with them. They said that if my wife and I wanted to go on vacation -- say to Las Vegas, since we would be with them -- we could go stay at their other place in Las Vegas for a week for free, and we'll get all of our meals served to us, just like oour accomodations here. They got a place in California, and they've got places in Arizona, but they have enough places so that we can go visit different parts of the country if we wanted to.

Dennis24 April 19, 2015

The staff was all pretty good; they even gave us a bag of popcorn to eat while we chatted. And they gave us a tour of the facility, showed us one of their rooms, and the things or activities that they do. All of them that we talked to, went through, and looked through were really good. They had movies, and they could eat there, they serve like home-made root beer and made beer floats and popcorn, and they just had things during the day. They have an athletic room where they can do workout or therapy and exercises, and they have places where they can sit together and play checkers or cards or something. We did not eat there, but they had a good menu. The Harrison was pretty nice. The rooms were unfurnished; you have to supply your own bed, your own TV, and whatever else you need, but other than that it was set up pretty good. Security was good; you had to go through the front-door and customer service, register in, let them know who you are there to see, and then if you are going to take them some place about when you would be back.

Caring104734550 April 17, 2015

Harrison Regent was very nice, but they could have used a little updating. They had very spacious rooms, and they had a good dining room. We ate there, and the food was good. There were some residents, and we talked to them. They had a poker playing night.

Jill15 July 30, 2014

We visited the Harrison Regent and we they were very kind to us. If it had been me, my choice, I would have opted to put mom there. We had lunch and they treated us very, very well. The food was delicious and the dining room was very nice. They showed us all the different options with regards to their rooms. They were nice and they look very comfortable. When the time comes that I need to go to some place, you wouldn’t have a hard time getting me there. They talked of their activities and some are wonderful. They had puzzles in there, games, people coming in to perform for them.

Ann44 March 28, 2014

The Harrison Regent was a very nice, very high class, and very expensive place, but they have the facilities that we would like to have. They have a large population, which means more opportunities for meeting people to make friends with and whatnot. They have a branch of our particular faith that meets there on Sundays. They have learning opportunities and entertainment opportunities on a regular basis. The facility was clean. The apartments were very nice and clean. They're fully re-decorated when someone moves on. You would have a small kitchenette. Some of them have full-sized refrigerators, and some have very small refrigerators. Regarding the staff, the salesman is working hard to keep in touch, and this has been for over a year now. They invited us to different things. They sent cards telling us about an event or that someone is going to come to speak or that they will have a movie. They sent us those cards so that we can attend those things if we wanted to. They did have activities. The only thing I missed is that they don't have pool, and that is a nice therapy for me. Also the staff would assist with the meals, the laundry, and the cleaning. All of those were provided for you. They just didn't have medical personnel on hand that qualifies them to be any better than independent.

suzyQ660 June 03, 2013

My mother was not there long enough for me to rate the services. I don't know what you would get for $1800 but it must be a closet. The rent they asked from my mother was $2795 for a small one bedroom apartment. If she had moved in with a husband it would have been $3295 a month. This was supposed to be some kind of move in special! This just shows that my mother was no longer thinking clearly. Although I was trying to take her to see assisted living communities, while I was at work, the Harrison Regent was calling my mother at least three times a day. Before I knew what had happened she told me she had signed the papers. I was not happy. They hooked her up with a mover and everything. She was moving her furniture over there so quick I was dumbfounded. She gave them a check for around $4200 dollars to move in. She moved some of her furniture over there on March 6th. Two days after partially moving in she had a heart attack. She was in the hospital for 2 weeks before passing away. She never regained conciousness in those two weeks. She passed away on March 23rd. When I went to turn in the keys I was informed that I owed the company $758 because there is a 30 day notice that begins on the date of death! She had paid $1395 for an activity fee that they said was non-refundable although she wasn't there long enough to have participated in any activities and she had paid a full months rent and lived there two days. I was livid. I had several things to take care of, since my mother had just passed away, and had decided that the company was going to be greedy and keep all the money. I didn't have the energy to deal with this at this time. When I actually got a check that said it was a refund of the activity fee. I was quite surprised and thought that this company wasn't quite so bad after all! Wrong. While they were giving with one hand they were taking with the other. They took $931 out of my bank account 18 days after my mother died. This account had transferred to me upon my mother's death. I did not know about it until the statement came in May. Now they were saying that the $931, not $758 even, is what my mother still owed. They withdrew this money after her death from an account that was no longer in her name. If you are keeping up with the count, this is about $3730 they have collected for my mother living and eating there for 2 days. That is with the refund of the activity fee which she never had time to use any of. They lead my mother to believe that, even though they were listed as an independent living facility, they were for all intents and purposes an assisted living facility. They are even listed under assisted living accommodations on the internet. This is not accurate.

k.p.aud August 28, 2012

The Harrison Regent seemed to be a very comfortable facility with a home-like appeal. As a visitor, I noticed that the residents all seemed to be in generally good spirits and were quite contented. The atmosphere was welcoming and very calming. As I spent time with the residents of the facility I noticed that they seemed quite happy with the rooms at the Harrison Regent, as well as with the food at the facility. I know that it can be difficult to find an assisted-living facility with good meals but this facility seemed to have high-quality food. In addition to having good food, the facility also ensures that there are plenty of activities to be engaged in, from participating in sports-type activities (such as using a Wii system) to volunteer activities. There are also a lot of amenities for the residents, such as available transportation to various places (e.g. for a doctor's appointment), game rooms, and free laundry services. The staff at the facility were also very welcoming and accommodating, and seemed to care deeply for the residents

cindy day June 28, 2012

I was very impressed, friendly, out going caregivers, great greeters, sweet tenants and very smart small condo's. Not all condo's were given walk-in tubs or wheelchair showers. Other than how far away it is from my home, I feel it was better then the more expensive Emeritus Estates, located in North Ogden, Utah.

From The Harrison Regent

The Harrison Regent is located in Ogden, UT, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Harrison Regent for a visit...and stay!

Features of The Harrison Regent

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room