Rock Creek | Hillsboro, OR

19295 NW Cornell Rd, Hillsboro, OR, 97124

Reviews of Rock Creek | Hillsboro, OR

Sue611277 November 26, 2016

We lived at Rock Creek and we didn?t like having to have the 3 meals a day. It has changed considerably since we first moved there. The food has declined, the corporate management has made many changes, and the local managers are good, but are pressured beyond belief. The apartments are nice and have a variety of different sizes and shapes. The maintenance is not good; they have only one maintenance person, and he is overworked. Parking for residents is very limited. They have a walking area around the building, but there's not much there. Its main advantage is its location to grocery shopping and to one of the nicer shopping areas. It's quite expensive. We had a 2-bedroom, 2-bath apartment, and we're paying a thousand dollars more a month than what we're paying now where we live.

Sam100321 November 21, 2016

I am living in Rock Creek. I am really fond of the management here. They take care of questions. They get things easily done. Most of the people here are pretty friendly too. I play carpet bowling. There are available outdoor activities. They have fishing trip in summer. Every Wednesday, the go someplace whether it is just to see a museum. They went to the beach once. Once every year, they invite one of the other facilities that is run by Holiday to participate in an outdoor game of bean bag baseball or just have a picnic between two places. They serve three meals a day. They have a little cabinet right by the coffee bar, and it has various sweet treats.

Shara481258 November 17, 2016

Rock Creek is very nice. They were very plain and simple -- not a lot of bells and whistles -- which is fine. It's very easy for a senior to be able to get around the facility without bumping into corners. It's an independent living only, and it's pretty much independent care. There wouldn't be any issue with wheelchairs getting through the door. They had a very nice menu, and they have home-cooked meals. The facility is very well-maintained, but it's a bit dated. However, they are going through now in updating the rooms, and I think once they get it done it's going to look pretty fancy.

Marilyn683045 August 15, 2016

Rock Creek was one of the best places that I really wanted to get into, but after our visit, I found out that the expenses would be too much for me. The place was terrific as far as convenience because it's near Kaiser Hospital and shopping places. I could walk to a lot of places. Basically, the food was good, and the rooms were OK as far as size. I tried the food, and it was good. The dining room was nice, too.

Betty805600 June 22, 2016

My mother-in-law is in Rock Creek. The staff is very helpful, very knowledgeable, and very caring. They really care about every single resident there and give them a lot of attention. Everything is great and top notch. All of the rooms are very nice. The dining room has white linens, and the food is pretty good. They have a new chef, so it's really gourmet, more than I think is necessary for the seniors. She said sometimes it's a little over the top, but otherwise, the breakfast and lunch are pretty good. Some of the menu selections are just a little too fancy, but everything else is great.

Debbie124157950 April 24, 2016

Rock Creek was beautiful. It was clean, bright, and well decorated. They served three meals a day. It was newer and nicer, but it was more expensive. It was only a couple hundred dollars more, but it was a big difference when the prices go up every year. I only met the sales person who was very friendly, very helpful, and very nice.

Kathy122948950 April 07, 2016

I thought Rock Creek had a positive environment, friendly workers, and friendly and welcoming clients. I was impressed and thought the dining setup was fine. I would recommend it.

Lois28 March 30, 2016

Rock Creek was very formal, and I wasn’t impressed. The dinner was very formal, not something that a country boy would like whatsoever. The staff that showed us around was very condescending, and she didn’t have a good demeanor at all. They had places to play games, and during dinner, they hired groups to come in and sing. I wasn’t impressed with that because then you couldn’t even talk. They had a place to watch TV, and no one was there. The people were not really welcoming at all.

Jim115909150 February 29, 2016

The activities at Rock Creek impressed me. They go out to places and they have games. The staff seems very helpful. The apartments were clean and nice.

JB3 February 16, 2016

I looked at different arrangements of rooms at Rock Creek. I saw drawings and cartography of their rooms, and I loved the different choices that they had. The people were friendly and not only that, some of the people who were running the place lived there. They were residents, which impressed me. The staff just seemed very happy. They laughed and joked, and it just created a pleasant place. The food was good, but not incredible. It just seemed like a fun place to be. I really almost went there.

Anthony24 January 26, 2016

We chose Rock Creek for my mother right away. It is a nice facility. The people are very friendly and good. She is there at the moment. The experience has been very good so far. The studio is very nice. We have eaten there, and the food is very good. They have tons of activities going on.

Jeff48 December 30, 2015

Rock Creek was very nice. It was a beautiful facility that seemed almost brand new. They had very nice rooms and a nice dining room. The people were very helpful. If my dad had enough money, he would live there in a heartbeat.

L.R November 30, 2015

He's very happy at Rock Creek. He likes the people in charge; he thinks they're very good. The only bad thing is that he has white carpet, which he can't keep clean. He's supposed to be on a no-salt diet, and that would not be something they could do, which is to provide a special diet for people.

Anonymous115672650 October 30, 2015

I liked Rock Creek. I thought it was very friendly, warm, and welcoming. It was a very good experience. They have one elevator to serve three floors, which I felt was a real drawback. That is probably my biggest criticism. I certainly enjoyed it; they treated me very well. I had lunch with three of the residents, and they were very pleasant.

Maggie30 September 10, 2015

We loved the place as far as the amenities, and spaciousness, meals. On a very busy street across from shopping area. Too expensive when you add on what you might be paying for some medical assistance. So not for us, sorry to say, as it is very close to our medical provider, our daughter and her family.

Caring110015650 July 13, 2015

I visited Rock Creek. The person who accommodated me was very exceptional. The rooms were small and not furnished. It was like an apartment. They explained everything. They had all kinds of activities, and we took a tour. The dining area was beautiful. I liked the dining and activity room, and I liked the people there. Everything was perfect there except for the size of the room.

Caring108729950 June 21, 2015

Rock Creek was a beautiful place, and the people were very friendly. It was very nice, clean, and well kept, it looks very good, and the dining room was beautiful.

JR2 May 03, 2015

The managers were very friendly and helpful. The residents were also friendly.

Caring83528550 October 25, 2014

They serve good food here in Rock Creek. I got a 2-bedroom with 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette. It is great as far as I can tell, and I have no problems with it. I like it here. They've got games for us and goodies; it is good.

linda sharpe February 26, 2014

The people who live at Rock Creek are very friendly. They approached me knowing I was a visitor and saying they hope I move in with them and they?re a fun group. The staff is very heart-warming and very people-oriented. They sent me a bouquet when I was going to have surgery and they invited me to activities. I?m invited to one next week and they know I love singing and music and so they invite me to all the music stuff and then stay for dinner or lunch whichever the time is. The rooms are lovely. They?re very bright and open and as far as square footage, theirs is a little higher and it is a newer facility. It?s one of my top two contenders. They could be a 5 just by how the system works, the food is great, the chefs are great. Everybody including the residents were very, very pleasant.

Thaddeus February 01, 2014

Rock Creek is one of communities that would allow large dogs. I have a 50-lb. English Cream Golden Retriever. That was a major factor finding a place who would keep my dog. It's closer to the beach. They had an apartment for me on the first level where I have a backdoor that opens out on a grassy area, which is very convenient for my dog. I was really pleased with the staff. They were just wonderful folks. The meals are very good. All the meals are planned by a dietician and prepared from scratch, 3 times a day by their chef. I'm diabetic. They keep track of you. If you don't show up for something, they'll come and check on you. The apartment that I'm in was previously 2 studio apartments. They tore down the wall and turned it into 1 apartment with a large bedroom and large living room. I have a pool table. I'm 90% disabled Vietnam veteran. I get all my medication and therapy with VA, and there's a VA outpatient clinic right across the street. The people here are great. There are 110 residents, and all of them are just so friendly. I'm 73 years old and I'm one of the youngest ones here.

Caring72146050 December 27, 2013

The workout room at Rock Creek was very minimal. It was situated near a community center and that's where they go for exercise or a pool. I've been doing that for 15 years trying to make community centers work for me and they don't always. They had a little patio but it's a congested area. It's like a hub, there's a park across the street but it would be hard to walk there. The best part was that it was very near my niece and her family like 15 minutes away or 10 minutes away. The staff was very friendly, very informative. They kept asking questions and they're very up on things but I wasn't really impressed.

Tammy7 November 28, 2013

I moved to Rock Creek and I've already been here for two months. Everything is excellent. I am very pleased with the facility. The staff is very good. We have three meals a day and I do like the food. They have an activity director that does a lot of things to keep us busy. We have bingo, baseball, horse racing, just a lot of activities. We also go on mini trips and shopping. I really like the residents. They are so friendly and so nice.

rlj March 08, 2013

Sell sell sell they never stop selling they have different prices for different people its like visiting a sleazy used car lot

From Rock Creek

Rock Creek is located in Hillsboro, OR, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Rock Creek for a visit...and stay!

Features of Rock Creek