The Manor At Oakridge

4500 Oakhurst Blvd, Harrisburg, PA, 17110

Reviews of The Manor At Oakridge

January 31, 2016

By Luann4

The Manor was under construction. I didn’t really like it as well, I didn’t get a good vibe from it. It was more like an apartment house complex and not homey

August 21, 2015

By Lori47

We signed a lease with Manor at Oakridge. The factors we considered were location, services, and price. They have bus trips, movie nights, bingo, games, and all kinds of interactions. From what we've seen so far, everyone is excellent, friendly, and caring.

June 21, 2015

The Manor at Oakridge is a very nice place. I like it very much. I have a one-bedroom, the size is big, it is not stuffy or close, and it is very nice. The dining room is wonderful -- good food. They got bingo, poker, pool tables -- they have all kinds of stuff here.

April 07, 2015

We visited The Manor at Oakridge before, and it was a very nice place. The rooms were just very well done. However, we were not ready for this yet. We just want to see what it was like.

July 31, 2014

By Judi5

The Manor at Oakridge is a very clean facility. They have housekeepers that do the laundry once a week and empty the trash once a week. The people are very friendly. They have community activities. They have a bus for transportation, but it doesn’t have a lift. They have full meals provided per day with lots of options and alternatives. Usually the meat is very soft and tender and that is very good for people with dentures or no teeth. You are welcomed to bring in guests and you don’t have to give notice in advance. The grounds are well kept. The staff were pretty good and they were very kind. They have very nice activities in terms of bringing in orchestras and people that play instrument and entertain.

May 30, 2014

By Kathy84906650

The Manor was a very warm environment. It was a great value for the price. The staff was very committed. The rooms were nice. They were bright and had lots of natural light. It was maintained and well kept. It was designed with ease in mind. The dining room looked good, and it looked as though people enjoyed themselves socializing with each other. It's what we actually selected.

May 11, 2014

My brother is at Manor at Oakridge. The facility is very clean. The food is OK, but nothing spectacular. I think they have a lot of activities and things going on. He is in a one-bedroom with a restroom and a kitchenette. The residents are independent, so they look healthy enough. I think what I didn’t like about it is when you need somebody to give you pills, you have to pay for the service.

November 27, 2013

By Marianne7

Mom was previously at The Manor and she was there for five months. It was a beautiful place. However, we didn't have a good experience there. We were very specific about her financial means and her condition. The director, which was also the manager had told us that VA would pay for it because he said that even though it's not an assisted living, it's like assisted living and they would take good care of her. Unfortunately, none of them was true. We lost a lot of money because he told us later that VA benefit would not consider them as an assisted living and it cost us $5,000 to $6,000. They didn't provide the care that we were promised. It was very disappointing because they allowed to move her in knowing she had Alzheimer's. But she ended up wandering outside as nobody took care of her. Then they called up and said we had to stay with her until we find her a nursing home.

October 28, 2013

The staff at The Manor went a second mile in terms of coming to see me to get to her. They were delightful. The facility was very nice. Their grounds are well kept. Another thing I liked about them is that you can have pets and that is exceedingly important. Most of the activities I knew where in-house activities like groups coming in, performances, and discussion groups. There is a van that is available for use or transportation. They have, as I recall, limited medical services. They also have a beauty salon and the residents can have cars.

August 10, 2013

By John66771750

After visiting several other place, my brother seems to like The Manor at Oakridge best of all so we place our mother there. It is a safe and well-lit place. They have three meals a day and serve by a wait staff. It is a good place for her because she can get around with her walker.

June 15, 2012

By fabledkh

First of all, The Manor at Oakridge is located in the best possible area for a retiree. The facility is positioned in an excellent area on the outskirts of Harrisburg city, in a quiet and well kept neighborhood. There are very few cars around, making the place clean and peaceful. Also, the facility is only walking distance away from a host of attractions and shopping centers. My grandfather has access to museums, parks, malls, and various other attractions without needing the aid of an automobile. The facility itself is incredibly cozy, designed specifically for an atmosphere that the older generation appreciate. The staff I met were all friendly, courteous and professional. One young man in particular took the time to explain virtually everything to me about their daily schedules and safety procedures to ensure me of their guests well being. Simply put, the facility was impressive in every way possible. The only negative thing I could possibly bring attention to is the rate of living there. It's pricey--very pricey. On the other hand, of the facilities I'm familiar with, none of them are exactly cheap. In the case of The Manor at Oakridge, the level of luxury more than makes up for the price. I couldn't be happier with where my grandfather ended up.

Photos of The Manor At Oakridge

Features of The Manor At Oakridge

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About The Manor At Oakridge

The Manor At Oakridge is located in Harrisburg, PA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Manor At Oakridge for a visit...and stay!

Map of The Manor At Oakridge