Home Instead Senior Care - Oakmont, PA

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Oakmont, PA

Overview of Ratings

4.8

By Henry

Very pleased with staff and getting good care from Home Instead.

By Vernice

I love Lynn, my caregiver, Heide and Home Instead. They take such good care of me. Thank you Home Instead.

By Diane H.

Very caring. Helped my mother. I approached Home Instead for my mother's care due to what patients I have treated at home (PT) who were receiving services and were very pleased.

July 17, 2017

By Joseph B.

Excellent! Could not have been more satisfied with the service that was given to my mother. We are so appreciative of the kindness and support of the staff. Special thanks to Lynn M. and Vanita for their care and compassion and made a difficult situation a lot more manageable.

March 17, 2017

By Maria324637

Home Instead has been caring for my mom for several months now (close to a year) and my parents love them. They are very caring, knowledgeable, professional and accommodating. The entire staff from management to the caregivers is outstanding!

February 17, 2017

By Jason C.

The care coordination was excellent. They handled problems (which are unavoidable) very well. Most of the aides we had were wonderful and they deal with any issues that arose very quickly and with compassion and skill.

January 31, 2017

By lovingmember

Our supervisor is very attentive and professional. Our homecare worker works very hard and is sweet.

January 27, 2017

By Mary Ann A.

Excellent care and attention. Thank you.

January 23, 2017

By Robert H

We have a very good helper. We had another company prior to them. I was just horrified with the other company. But Home Instead came in and relieved me of any problems with the care.

January 18, 2017

By Verna B.

I am 93 years old. I have been very pleased with the care I receive from Home Instead. The office staff is so nice to me. I get visits from Lynn. I enjoy that.

December 28, 2016

By Frank525763

I've been happy with my father's caregivers.

December 23, 2016

By George441700

She is one of the best we ever had. The house looks great as she gets the job done the right way. Also she goes out of her way to make sure things are done. She does not hurry so she can't just sit like the others.

December 20, 2016

By Liz584805

Barbara Coris comes to do my medicine once a week. She is a beautiful person with an equally beatiful heart. I can't thank her & all of my caregivers enough.

December 17, 2016

By Erwin582054

Marilyn provides me with excellent service, 2 days per week.

December 08, 2016

By Dawn872136

I would commend the caregivers and Lynn McDermott, the care coordinator for their excellent service. My 92 year old mother was well cared for, comfortable and felt safe. The caregivers were kind, attentive, and always kept my mom's place tidy. I would highly recommend them!

November 29, 2016

By Martha241870

The caregivers could not have been better. They felt as if they were friends, except for the night person whom I never saw as I was asleep.

November 09, 2016

By Jeff W.

We are current clients of Home Instead Senior Care. Their staff are very considerate of our needs and prompt in resolving any issues. They are very knowledgeable of government procedures and how to get the best solutions. Thanks for the great care.

October 27, 2016

By Megan030138

Ann knew clients like my mother, who don’t have family close by needed extra help. She hired a fantastic coordinator, Lynn. She in turn has found and managed an excellent caregiver. Perfect service.

September 29, 2016

By Joyce Yasko

My companion Lishan was excellent.

August 25, 2016

By A Quaglia

I am extremely pleased with Home Instead - from the time I inquired for help to the last day that we used their services. "Debbie" went above and beyond to help my godmother and I truly appreciate all she did. Thank you.

June 24, 2016

By Sharman Polka125121

Home Instead caregivers provided quality and reliable care for my mother. Very helpful office staff, particularly Lynn, who was great at keeping in touch with us.

June 21, 2016

By Linda R.608570

Very prompt and efficient with setting my care up. One caregiver stood out with excellent caregiving. Patricia was very attentive to all my needs!

June 17, 2016

By Jane K.615436

Lynn from the office was terrific. The service was great, caregivers were very good especially Julia and Patty. Home Instead came to my rescue on short notice. They were very efficient. I am happy.

June 03, 2016

By G a;nd M

Anyone looking for professional and dependable in-home care for a loved one should look no further than Home Instead located in Oakmont, Pa. The entire staff is helpful, dedicated and responsive. The Director ensures that client's safety, comfort and happiness is foremost in the caregiver plan designed for each individual client. The Director is skilled in matching caregivers with clients to ensure compatibility. All caregivers keep a daily log for reference by family members. Home Instead builds confidence in those of us wanting to keep a loved one in her/his home for as long as possible. Home Instead provides quality service.

May 11, 2016

By Charles Pursh

The care provided Peggy by the staff exceeds all expectations and then some. They all, especially Beverly, have been caring thoughtful and totally engaging in all they do. They are all appreciated and will be highly recommended.

May 11, 2016

By JSBPYZY

Home Instead was very satisfactory!

March 31, 2016

By Angelo Liberto

My caregiver is wonderful and I call her 'My Angel'. She does everything for me. I am 86 years old and my family is out of state. Because of Home Instead I am able to stay in my home that I love. Thank you does not say enough.

November 07, 2014

By Becki C.

We have been using Home Instead for my mother for about 4 years. They started with her in the toughest of times when she could not care for her self needs at all to now when she needs basically supervision and companionship. They are always very professional and do their best to work with us so that we have consistancy of caregivers. I work in the home health field in Oakmont and Verona and have the opportunity to see these employees in other peoples homes as well and they are always very professional and reliable. I recommend them often

November 06, 2014

By cutter

I Used this agency for 3 years. In the beginning they were excellent. Once we had the caregiver that we just loved and my parent was comfortabe with her thy would pull that caregiver and put a new kne in . When I called to complain I got a letter that they could no loger meet my parents needs They claim yo be great with alzheimers patient, but that is the worse thing they can do is switcg caregjver once they are comfortabe with them and then tell the caregiver it was because she madd to much money to take cars of a PDA waiver patient.

Hello cutter,

We are sorry to hear you were not pleased with our services. It is the goal of our franchise office to provide the highest quality of care to each and every one of our clients. I am sorry you feel we did not meet your expectations; we did our best to ensure consistency and quality in providing care. Please contact our office at 412-517-8337; I would appreciate the opportunity to hear your complaints, fully explain our situation and reach an amicable conclusion.

October 03, 2014

Home instead provided care to my father for around 1.5 yrs. He had severe strokes and many hospital/rehab stays. All of the caregivers were wonderful and reliable. The staff who read Oakmont Home Instead were absolutely genuine. They were always able to help me last minute. I never hesitate to recommend this agency.

June 05, 2014

By Lynnsfan

Home Instead has been, literally, a life-saver for my father, and a sanity-saver for me. My father has a type of dementia (not Alzheimer’s) that is difficult to diagnose and has no therapy, medication or even awareness of its existence among many medical and psychiatric professionals. Our Home Instead caregiver has gone out of her way many times to help us protect Dad from himself and his dementia, setting up routines, taking him to doctor visits and grocery shopping, and running many other errands with him. She has been my safety net and voice of reason during many times when I felt overwhelmed with the enormous burden of dealing from a distance with all of the details surrounding my father’s care needs and condition. Our caregiver is providing better care than I ever could, keeping Dad among his remaining friends, and maintaining his quality of life as best as it can be with his condition. I have recommended Home Instead to many other friends and family in my “sandwich” generation who are trying to care for (local or long distance) an elderly relative who for whatever reason needs to be at “home instead” of in assisted living or a nursing home.

January 20, 2014

By ralphiesdaughter

I live out of state and hired Home Instead to provide personal care for my 90 year old mother, 3hours/day, 7days/week. The primary care giver, Mary, treated my mother as if she were family. Her actions were far above "the job". We were blessed to have had her.The substitute caregivers were professional and compassionate. The office always kept me informed of changes in scheduling and responded to my concerns in a timely manor. I would highly recommend this Senior Care provider. They gave me peace of mind knowing that my mother was always in good hands.

March 21, 2013

By BrendaBC

Responsive, flexible, reliable, professional. Caregivers were excellent; Mom became good friends with one of them. They went above and beyond for us. We had an issue with the first caregiver, and it was dealt with immediately. The office stayed in touch frequently. I recommend them highly.

June 26, 2012

By M.O.

I'm very pleased with the care my dad is receiving.

June 21, 2012

By debrapet

Home Insstead also provided ca wonderful caregiver. Her name was Vaness Garibay. This wonderful woman arrived every moring at 6am so I could go to work. She bthed, feed and was a true companion to my mother. I would reccomend this lovley lady to anyone seeking in home care. She even kept the 12 room house tidy and provided me with a great deal of support.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Oakmont, PA

Home Instead Senior Care - Caregiver Skills

Photos of Home Instead Senior Care - Oakmont, PA

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Oakmont, PA

Agency Type

• Full Service Agency
  • Agency Extra: Each Home Instead Senior Care Franchise Office Is Independently Owned And Operated.

• Companion Care
  • Range Of Services Extra: Hospice Support, Alzheimer's And Other Dementias Care, Chronic Conditions

Types of care

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care Training
  • Training Areas Extra: The Aging Process, Building Relationships, Alzheimer's Or Other Dementias Care

Payment details