Home Instead Senior Care - Oakmont, PA

Contact Now

Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Oakmont, PA

Verna B. January 18, 2017

I am 93 years old. I have been very pleased with the care I receive from Home Instead. The office staff is so nice to me. I get visits from Lynn. I enjoy that.

Frank525763 December 28, 2016

I've been happy with my father's caregivers.

George441700 December 23, 2016

She is one of the best we ever had. The house looks great as she gets the job done the right way. Also she goes out of her way to make sure things are done. She does not hurry so she can't just sit like the others.

Liz584805 December 20, 2016

Barbara Coris comes to do my medicine once a week. She is a beautiful person with an equally beatiful heart. I can't thank her & all of my caregivers enough.

Erwin582054 December 17, 2016

Marilyn provides me with excellent service, 2 days per week.

Dawn872136 December 08, 2016

I would commend the caregivers and Lynn McDermott, the care coordinator for their excellent service. My 92 year old mother was well cared for, comfortable and felt safe. The caregivers were kind, attentive, and always kept my mom's place tidy. I would highly recommend them!

Martha241870 November 29, 2016

The caregivers could not have been better. They felt as if they were friends, except for the night person whom I never saw as I was asleep.

Jeff W. November 09, 2016

We are current clients of Home Instead Senior Care. Their staff are very considerate of our needs and prompt in resolving any issues. They are very knowledgeable of government procedures and how to get the best solutions. Thanks for the great care.

Megan030138 October 27, 2016

Ann knew clients like my mother, who don’t have family close by needed extra help. She hired a fantastic coordinator, Lynn. She in turn has found and managed an excellent caregiver. Perfect service.

Joyce Yasko September 29, 2016

My companion Lishan was excellent.

A Quaglia August 25, 2016

I am extremely pleased with Home Instead - from the time I inquired for help to the last day that we used their services. "Debbie" went above and beyond to help my godmother and I truly appreciate all she did. Thank you.

Sharman Polka125121 June 24, 2016

Home Instead caregivers provided quality and reliable care for my mother. Very helpful office staff, particularly Lynn, who was great at keeping in touch with us.

Linda R.608570 June 21, 2016

Very prompt and efficient with setting my care up. One caregiver stood out with excellent caregiving. Patricia was very attentive to all my needs!

Jane K.615436 June 17, 2016

Lynn from the office was terrific. The service was great, caregivers were very good especially Julia and Patty. Home Instead came to my rescue on short notice. They were very efficient. I am happy.

G a;nd M June 03, 2016

Anyone looking for professional and dependable in-home care for a loved one should look no further than Home Instead located in Oakmont, Pa. The entire staff is helpful, dedicated and responsive. The Director ensures that client's safety, comfort and happiness is foremost in the caregiver plan designed for each individual client. The Director is skilled in matching caregivers with clients to ensure compatibility. All caregivers keep a daily log for reference by family members. Home Instead builds confidence in those of us wanting to keep a loved one in her/his home for as long as possible. Home Instead provides quality service.

Charles Pursh May 11, 2016

The care provided Peggy by the staff exceeds all expectations and then some. They all, especially Beverly, have been caring thoughtful and totally engaging in all they do. They are all appreciated and will be highly recommended.

JSBPYZY May 11, 2016

Home Instead was very satisfactory!

Angelo Liberto March 31, 2016

My caregiver is wonderful and I call her 'My Angel'. She does everything for me. I am 86 years old and my family is out of state. Because of Home Instead I am able to stay in my home that I love. Thank you does not say enough.

Becki C. November 07, 2014

We have been using Home Instead for my mother for about 4 years. They started with her in the toughest of times when she could not care for her self needs at all to now when she needs basically supervision and companionship. They are always very professional and do their best to work with us so that we have consistancy of caregivers. I work in the home health field in Oakmont and Verona and have the opportunity to see these employees in other peoples homes as well and they are always very professional and reliable. I recommend them often

cutter November 06, 2014

I Used this agency for 3 years. In the beginning they were excellent. Once we had the caregiver that we just loved and my parent was comfortabe with her thy would pull that caregiver and put a new kne in . When I called to complain I got a letter that they could no loger meet my parents needs They claim yo be great with alzheimers patient, but that is the worse thing they can do is switcg caregjver once they are comfortabe with them and then tell the caregiver it was because she madd to much money to take cars of a PDA waiver patient.

Hello cutter,

We are sorry to hear you were not pleased with our services. It is the goal of our franchise office to provide the highest quality of care to each and every one of our clients. I am sorry you feel we did not meet your expectations; we did our best to ensure consistency and quality in providing care. Please contact our office at 412-517-8337; I would appreciate the opportunity to hear your complaints, fully explain our situation and reach an amicable conclusion.

Caring997864 October 03, 2014

Home instead provided care to my father for around 1.5 yrs. He had severe strokes and many hospital/rehab stays. All of the caregivers were wonderful and reliable. The staff who read Oakmont Home Instead were absolutely genuine. They were always able to help me last minute. I never hesitate to recommend this agency.

Lynnsfan June 05, 2014

Home Instead has been, literally, a life-saver for my father, and a sanity-saver for me. My father has a type of dementia (not Alzheimer’s) that is difficult to diagnose and has no therapy, medication or even awareness of its existence among many medical and psychiatric professionals. Our Home Instead caregiver has gone out of her way many times to help us protect Dad from himself and his dementia, setting up routines, taking him to doctor visits and grocery shopping, and running many other errands with him. She has been my safety net and voice of reason during many times when I felt overwhelmed with the enormous burden of dealing from a distance with all of the details surrounding my father’s care needs and condition. Our caregiver is providing better care than I ever could, keeping Dad among his remaining friends, and maintaining his quality of life as best as it can be with his condition. I have recommended Home Instead to many other friends and family in my “sandwich” generation who are trying to care for (local or long distance) an elderly relative who for whatever reason needs to be at “home instead” of in assisted living or a nursing home.

ralphiesdaughter January 20, 2014

I live out of state and hired Home Instead to provide personal care for my 90 year old mother, 3hours/day, 7days/week. The primary care giver, Mary, treated my mother as if she were family. Her actions were far above "the job". We were blessed to have had her.The substitute caregivers were professional and compassionate. The office always kept me informed of changes in scheduling and responded to my concerns in a timely manor. I would highly recommend this Senior Care provider. They gave me peace of mind knowing that my mother was always in good hands.

BrendaBC March 21, 2013

Responsive, flexible, reliable, professional. Caregivers were excellent; Mom became good friends with one of them. They went above and beyond for us. We had an issue with the first caregiver, and it was dealt with immediately. The office stayed in touch frequently. I recommend them highly.

M.O. June 26, 2012

I'm very pleased with the care my dad is receiving.

debrapet June 21, 2012

Home Insstead also provided ca wonderful caregiver. Her name was Vaness Garibay. This wonderful woman arrived every moring at 6am so I could go to work. She bthed, feed and was a true companion to my mother. I would reccomend this lovley lady to anyone seeking in home care. She even kept the 12 room house tidy and provided me with a great deal of support.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Oakmont, PA

Home Instead Senior Care - Caregiver Skills

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Oakmont, PA

Agency Type

• Full Service Agency
  • Agency Extra Each Home Instead Senior Care Franchise Office Is Independently Owned And Operated.

• Companion Care
  • Range Of Services Extra Hospice Support, Alzheimer's And Other Dementias Care, Chronic Conditions

Types of care

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care Training
  • Training Areas Extra The Aging Process, Building Relationships, Alzheimer's Or Other Dementias Care

Payment details