Home Care Assistance Home Care

PocHcp cert

Reviews of Home Care Assistance | Home Care

4.7

By Robert and Juanita S_1

I would certainly recommend them because we enjoy the services they provide because they are very astute and work very hard. It pays off at the end of the day. They have been very helpful ion taking care of my very bad legs, as well as doing work around the house.

By Michael N_1

The care service is very good. A lot of effort was made to make a match between the service provider and the client. My mother had a stroke. The person that provides care is understanding, has a lot of empathy, and is patient.

By Laura B_3

We have been using Home Care Assistance for a number of years, and even though my mother's circumstances change periodically, they make an extraordinary effort to see that she is cared for. They really step up to the plate. I was a caregiver for my family constantly for years, and I was totally burned out. However, this has been so helpful at giving me a break.

By Sheila C_4

The caregivers are responsible, reliable, and never leave me hanging. I wouldn't be able to get to doctor's appointments without them. They also help me around the house with things I can no longer do.

By Anne H_3

Specifically, we like the care provider that was referred. They provide for what he requires just for daily living and give coverage at night.

March 30, 2018

By Anonymous_816

They've been good about calling to see how things are going, and they've been answering my questions. They let me get out to do my errands and do the work I need to do. I don't have to worry about my loved one.

March 14, 2018

By Elinor B_1

I'm not called ahead of time so I know who's coming. I'm not able to get a consistent caregiver. I have someone new all the time. I would like them to provide ongoing service. I need people to go my grocery shopping, but several of them are unable to do that because they are unfamiliar with American foods.

March 12, 2018

By Helen W_5

I had a big chore I wanted to get done, and my caregiver helped me with it. She doesn't make me feel dumb. She's a big help by aiding me in organizing things. She's nice and interesting to be around.

March 09, 2018

By Anonymous_817

They need more consistency in the quality of workers. They have made life easier by having available caregivers. They really do fill the needs we have.

March 09, 2018

By Anonymous_821

My caregiver is very honest and knows what I want and what I need done. They help me a lot by going out to shop for me.

March 08, 2018

By Anonymous_814

They could call the caregiver and find out how she's doing. They could call me to find out how I think the caregiver is doing. They could check in with the person I have here and then talk to me to see if our perceptions are close.

By Patricia K_3

They are responsive, reliable and easy to work with. The caregivers have been high quality and so have the people in the office. They really help with my daily routine that I couldn't manage without them.

By Carol B_6

I like everything from Home Care Assistance. The people over the Mountain View area are great. She is young, but is a really good representative. My aide is unbelievable, and we feel we have known her for years, even though it has only been a few short months. They are able to do many things that we are unable to do for ourselves.

By Mary A_19

Overall, I have been happy with the services for Kay. They offer companionship to my mom and they assist me by helping have to manage caring for her a little less.

January 16, 2018

By Joy D. K_1

They're caring, and they know their business. They're caring professionals. They have helped me in so many ways, and any problem that I have, they know how to deal with. That gives me great confidence and comfort.

January 16, 2018

By Joanna D_1

The caregiver has been outstanding. There have been people that haven't been so great, and they replace them without any problems. In terms of my mother and father, the service gives them an ability to have some control over their lives.

January 09, 2018

By Carole and Rod C

They are really good people that I can trust. They drive my car for me and help me shop. They are competent, good drivers. They are here when they are supposed to be here.

January 09, 2018

By Henry P_3

I would recommend Home Care Assistance they have a great staff. The services help my loved one with assisting him with daily activities that are needed to live.

January 08, 2018

By Paula C_3

I've had no trouble with Home Care Assistance, and I would recommend them to anybody. They are living here with me. It's just been there have been no complaints. everything has been a good turn. I have nothing to complain about, I've been happy with them.

December 22, 2017

By Carole D_1

The woman caregiver I dealt with is excellent, but I am a little worried they didn't bill my insurance immediately. My aide helps me bathe, cook, and dress.

December 22, 2017

By Phyllis D_1

I like the attentiveness of the people that I have been working with. They're very good and there when I need them and go about their business otherwise. I know that I don't have any problems that keep me from being self-sufficient, but I do need help with bathing and with my shoes in the morning. I do appreciate very much having them with me.

December 11, 2017

By Lenora F_1

It's extremely important that the caregivers are well trained by professionals and well paid. As far as I know, Home Care Assistance meets that. We have a lot of experience with in home care, and we know Home Care Assistance is amazing. Home Care Assistance has made my life a little easier because of the quality and reliability of care. They also have the perseverance.

December 11, 2017

By Jan S_3

I would recommend Home Care Assistance because we have a good team of caregivers who are reliable and conscientious. Home Care Assistance has made life easier because when we have somebody call in sick, they get a replacement.

By Marie B_1

Our caregiver is excellent, and she gets along really well with my mother. My mother was by herself before Home Care Assistance stepped in and it eliminated my worry about how she was doing at the house by herself.

By June C_1

I would recommend Home Care Assistance because the people I've gotten are very helpful. Right now, I just call Home Care Assistance when I need them. Home Care Assistance helps me because they go with me when I have to go over to the hospital. I have really frail bones, so they open doors and keep the doors from closing on me.

By Susan H_4

All of Home Care Assistance's caregivers have done wonderfully. Home Care Assistance's caregivers cut the time in half that my husband has to take care of me.

December 01, 2017

By Anonymous_77

Home Care Assistance is extremely responsive and are very reliable and easy to work with. Home Care Assistance is able to take care of my loved one because I do not live close to them.

December 01, 2017

By Michael "Mike" S_1

I like the main staff. They were interested in getting a good match and weren't rushed. I am accomplishing what I want to do. Part of the reason I became a client was for security. I'm doing more and going out more than I would otherwise.

November 17, 2017

By Mary F_2

I would recommend Home Care Assistance because I've been very happy with most of the caregivers they have provided. However, they have had some unexpected replacements. Home Care Assistance services are very helpful. They make my life easier because I had total knee replacement and they've done essentially everything that I need.

November 10, 2017

By Malu P

Home Care Assistance is very efficient and very good. The most helpful thing about having the services is knowing that someone is taking care of our mom well.

November 08, 2017

By Susan C_4

Home Care Assistance is nice to have when you are out of the area from where my mother is. They are able to take care of her without my interference. Home Care Assistance helps my mother avoid driving, and I like knowing that she is receiving better nutrition than by herself.

November 08, 2017

By Anonymous_170

Home Care Assistance has been an okay company. My loved one's caregivers need to have better communication with me.

November 07, 2017

By Nancy W_2

Home Care Assistance provides consistent services. Home Care Assistance is helpful; I don't have to worry about mother-in-law.

November 07, 2017

By Barbara P_1

Home Care Assistance's service has minimal engagement and minimal performance. The caregivers' knowledge of the language is lacking. They forgot to change the clocks for daylight savings time and inform the client about what's going on. There seems to be a language barrier and the caregivers need to help Barbara comprehend things better.

By Daryl C

Home Care Assistance is highly professional and they have quality costumer services. They show they genuinely care for our needs. Home Care Assistance has made my life easier by having a quality case manager that works with out family and keeps in touch with my mother.

By Kathy O_1

Home Care Assistance is very reliable and they try their best to get good people for us. Home Care Assistance has provided reliable care for my parents.

By Fred S

I do recommend Home Care Assistance because they seem to be very good at matching their caregivers to their clients and their families. Home Care Assistance makes life easier for us because it gives me a chance to leave the house.

October 23, 2017

By Sue P_1

I would say that if you get a good care coordinator, then your care from Home Care Assistance will be the best. I feel freer when the caregiver is here because I can go out and do what I need to do. I don't have to worry about my husband being well cared for.

October 23, 2017

By Laura B

Home Care Assistance is an extraordinarily thoughtful and caring company. They follow through with what they say they are going to do. Home Care Assistance makes my life easier by having a caregiver who is able to care for my mother.

October 19, 2017

By Catherine S_1

I would tell someone that Home Care Assistance has good caregivers and good communication. Home Care Assistance makes it possible for my loved one to stay at home, which is what we want.

October 18, 2017

By Nancy W_3

Home Care Assistance is very good at updating me on schedule cases, and their communication has improved greatly and I am very happy with them right now. I am very happy with the quality of the caregivers. Home Care Assistance allows me to not worry about someone being there to take care of my loved one.

October 18, 2017

By Lee S

The staff is very qualified, and very nice. The caregivers take care of the appointments, remind me when to get out of bed, and all kinds of different things to help me.

October 16, 2017

By Anonymous_292

I would recommend Home Care Assistance because their managers are excellent. The care from Home Care Assistance has made my life easier because the caregivers can handle things well. One caregiver is always available as backup, which is nice.

October 16, 2017

By Barbara P_3

I haven't had much contact with Home Care Assistance, so I am not likely to recommend them. I don't use much of the service from Home Care Assistance.

By Elizabeth R_4

Home Care Assistance provides excellent care because the caregivers are on time and help me with things I need help with. The services make it possible for me to live in my apartment.

By Anonymous_293

Home Care Assistance reaches out to my loved one and they stay in touch. They are understanding. I wouldn't want to be without Home Care Assistance. They've made my life livable.

By Minta B

Home Care Assistance is caring and sends good caregivers. They call me when there is an issue, and they give me good feedback. There has never been an issue with the services from Home Care Assistance. They have lightened my worries because I know that my brother is being taken care of and that they will call if there is an issue.

By Edwin R

The two caregivers that have assisted me so far are mature women and have been very capable and responsible. The caregivers from Home Care Assistance are here in the morning to clean up and leave. That doesn't have a big impact on my life.

By Sheila C_1

Home Care Assistance is reliable, dependable, and they have nice people working for them. The services from Home Care Assistance take care of whatever I need or ask for.

By Eugene C

Home Care Assistance was convenient, and if I had a problem, I could get a hold of someone pretty quickly. Home Care Assistance made my life easier by preparing my meals and getting things that I needed while I was sitting down.

By Karen W_4

I think that Home Care Assistance is reliable, and they take care of everything. The caregivers are very good to excellent. It goes back to finding the right caregiver match, which is very important, and providing excellent care all the way around. The caregivers are great at being able to relieve my loved one of worry and us of worry. People are there to help her out.

By Alan E_1

The first caregiver Home Care Assistance tried to give was not good at all, but the next person was great. Home Care Assistance made my life easier because the caregiver did all the laundry and my loved one listened to her and ignored me.

By Michael -

I would refer Home Care Assistance to others because the caregiver we have has been exceptional. The services provided by Home Care Assistance affords a caregiver to my mother who is very resourceful and accommodating to my mother's needs.

By Carol O_1

Home Care Assistance takes good care of me. Home Care Assistance makes my life easier.

By Jill C

Home Care Assistance could be more consistent in their caregivers. My dad went through quite a few caregivers before he found the one that he liked. Home Care Assistance could have made my dad's life easier by being more persistent. He wanted to things on his own sometimes, and it was hard for him to ask for help.

By Patricia P_2

We really like Home Care Assistance. They're excellent. We've had one caregiver for the past year and she's wonderful.

September 28, 2017

By Christopher G_1

I would recommend Home Care Assistance because I felt like they were flawless and professional. They provided excellent care down to every detail. Home Care Assistance made life easier for me because I could sleep at night while they took care of my husband. It would have been a nightmare without them.

September 27, 2017

By Elinor B

I do not like how Home Care Assistance has not been sending me caregivers who are capable of doing their job. The service from Home Care Assistance has been frustrating. The caregivers are not competent.

September 18, 2017

By Marion R_2

Home Care Assistance is on time with their schedule. They have shown up and so far are good. Home Care Assistance is able to drive me places so that I can go shopping.

September 18, 2017

By Jenny S

I would tell a friend that Home Care Assistance is very good at coordinating care, they take care of all of the gaps in scheduling, and they are very good at putting people in place. I didn't have to do anything except for call the agency and get help. Home Care Assistance has given me peace of mind while I travel. Getting assistance for my dad while I'm gone is good because he is resistant to care. I like knowing that someone is available to help my dad in his house.

September 13, 2017

By Martin P

I would recommend Home Care Assistance to others because they have a good care management system, I like how they place their caregivers, and how they do their billing. Having Home Care Assistance for my father definitely helps me because I have a sense of security and confidence knowing that he is cared for properly and that he gets to his doctor appointments.

September 13, 2017

By Carl J

Home Care Assistance screens their employees well, and they are very effective and personable. Home Care Assistance helps me around, and I like knowing that someone is here for me if I need them.

By Patricia K

Home Care Assistance is the third agency I have tried and they are the best of the three. I have not had any major problems, but there have been problems with individuals who can be replaced. I couldn't live without Home Care Assistance.

By Mary Jean C

Home Care Assistance is reliable. Home Care Assistance has made life better by doing the things that I need. My caregiver helps me bathe.

By Ed G_1

I would tell a friend that Home Care Assistance has warm and caring people. Home Care Assistance helped my loved one with just about everything. They honored his privacy and his dignity.

September 08, 2017

By Gail K_1

Home Care Assistance is very responsive and has very good caregivers. The services from Home Care Assistance make life easier by executing their jobs well and helping with daily living.

August 29, 2017

By Lynn K_3

Home Care Assistance has been very good at providing the services I needed. Home Care Assistance has done well in providing what I needed. It has been everything I have needed.

August 23, 2017

By Marjorie M

I would recommend Home Care Assistance because they are very nice and patient, and they seem to be understanding. They don't push me too hard. If it weren't for the help from Home Care Assistance, I couldn't manage. My son works and when he is gone, they come to help me.

August 18, 2017

By Anonymous_451

I think Home Care Assistance did a good job. Home Care Assistance could have made my life easier by choosing someone that was more on the domestic end because to do the things I needed them to do were not so much the medical end of things.

August 11, 2017

By Gloria K_1

I would tell someone that Home Care Assistance has been good to me. The caregivers help me completely because I can't do anything for myself.

August 10, 2017

By Mary Ann "Mimi" W

I would recommend Home Care Assistance because I have had a good experience with them myself. Since it is impossible for me to get dressed by myself, it is important to have someone to dress me so that I can greet the world. I feel very fortunate to have these caregivers because they help me to live my life.

August 10, 2017

By Malu P_1

Home Care Assistance is very efficient. They really take care of making sure that I have care if my regular caregiver is unable to come. Because of the care from Home Care Assistance, I am able to proceed with my daily life.

August 09, 2017

By Sheila C_2

Home Care Assistance has high standards. They have always provided me with someone to take care of my needs. Home Care Assistance has always fulfilled what I have wanted them to do, and that relieves me from the consequences of doing things, like making the bed.

By Jean G_1

Home Care Assistance is very good and here when they're supposed to be and doing what they're supposed. They're pleasant, on time, and clean. Home Care Assistance makes my life being easier and I don't have to ask or follow up on them to make sure that they do their work.

By Patty M_1

My mother has had very good experience with Home Care Assistance. I have a friend who owns a home care facility in another city and recommended me. Home Care Assistance has been able to match caregivers with my mother who have appropriate personalities. My mom has gotten along with all of her caregivers. Home Care Assistance has provided a social and transportation impact for us.

By Leroy J

Home Care Assistance helps me get around.

July 26, 2017

By Kathy B_4

I would recommend Home Care Assistance because they came to my home. Home Care Assistance helped me get better.

July 21, 2017

By Kaye F

Home Care Assistance was easy to work with getting people scheduled. Home Care Assistance made my life easier by providing basic services for me at the time because I couldn't function.

July 18, 2017

By William D

There has been no lack of care. They caregivers sent by Home Care Assistance are courteous, competent and do whatever I need. The caregivers could be a little stronger in the cooking area.

July 18, 2017

By Tom D_2

Home Care Assistance provides some good talent from the caregivers, The caregivers help us because they save us time and energy. The caregivers give quality help. But not everyone can afford it.

July 14, 2017

By John S_15

The caregivers get in the way of the residents that live at the retirement home. Home Care Assistance provided a nice assistant to help me, but I didn't need that because I am in a retirement facility.

July 11, 2017

By David S_6

Home Care Assistance is prompt, polite, and they take good care of my husband. The impact has been very positive. The transition was a little more difficult for my husband, but he has done well since then.

July 10, 2017

By Betty L_5

I would recommend Home Care Assistance. I had wonderful care from everyone I have has come to my home. Home Care Assistance had made my life easier by help me with walking and just helping me all day.

July 10, 2017

By Judy S_8

Home Care Assistance has been very responsive when I contact them. Home Care Assistance is taking care of my loved one from a different state. So Home Care Assistance will keep me updated on my father's health and they'll contact me if anything unusual is going on.

June 29, 2017

By Nancy B_7

I would tell a friend that Home Care Assistance is reliable. The caregivers have done things for me that I haven't thought of doing.

June 22, 2017

By Daniel L_3

Home Care Assistance is very efficient, and I would consider them to be excellent, Home Care Assistance has removed a lot of responsibility from me.

June 15, 2017

By Jan K_1

Some caregivers from Home Care Assistance are good and some are bad. The services from Home Care Assistance make my life easier by helping me with everything. They help me move around my house and make sure I don't fall down.

By Patricia A_4

I get excellent help from Home Care Assistance. My caregivers from Home Care Assistance do the things I want them to, and quickly learn what my likes and dislikes are. They are very observing and pleasant.

By Sonja (

Home Care Assistance staff is very responsive and flexible in scheduling. Home Care Assistance made life easier for me by being flexible when they would come and with how quickly they responded.

By Barbara P_8

Home Care Assistance is extremely reliable, friendly, and they take good care of the patient. Home Care Assistance does my laundry and gets my clothes. They also fix my lunch and do some shopping for me.

By Catherine A

Home Care Assistance is very reliable and has good people. I am happy with the services I get. Home Care Assistance does everything they can do for me.

By Susan H_10

I would tell someone that I have had wonderful people from Home Care Assistance. My services have been totally helpful. I am in a wheelchair so my caregivers help me, and I feel safe with them.

By Dennis R

Home Care Assistance is a good company to give you help around the home. I needed the caregiver from Home Care Assistance because she filled my needs.

By Lee S_1

Home Care Assistance provides people that are honest and good at helping me when I need the help.

By Martha L_1

Home Care Assistance has been good and I have worked well with my driver who does what I ask him to do. I am not asking much from the services. I mainly use Home Care Assistance for driving me around and doing errands, like grocery shopping and getting a haircut.

May 30, 2017

By June C_2

If a friend can afford them, I would recommend Home Care Assistance. My caregiver did a good job with me. After my doctor appointment, my caregiver helped me get to some storage that I can't reach myself. She was able to unload my boxes and find me a shirt that was appropriate for Memorial Day.

May 11, 2017

By Julie H_5

Home Care Assistance has good communication between me and the office. Home Care Assistance provides support and companionship.

May 11, 2017

By Nancy W_6

Home Care Assistance is very consistent in the care they provide and have great caregivers. Barbara is a woman who would have died a long time ago if it were not for Home Care Assistance.

May 09, 2017

By Sharon H_8

Home Care Assistance has excellent caregivers and management. Home Care Assistance has taken a lot of pressure off of me. They help my mother with her increasing needs and desire for companionship.

May 08, 2017

By Fred S_3

Home Care Assistance has some really good, compassionate people who are willing to do just about anything. The caregivers help me with my everyday activities and that has been very helpful.

November 10, 2016

By Lisa302841

Home Care made significant efforts to step up to the plate, deal with challenging clients, and send the right people to the right people. Quality of people is very good. The staff is very responsive and reliable. When somebody needs medical care, you can do it on certain circumstances.

May 10, 2016

By LeanneUJCFY

We hired a caregiver from Home Care Assistance for my mom, and so far, it has been great. The caregiver is really good with my mom, reliable, and very personable. She treats Mom as a person and not just as a patient. She is very responsive to our needs in helping us as a family and is really easy to work with.

December 16, 2013

By Lori22

I have to hire some extra people to be with my mother and it costs me huge money. However, I would rate Home Care Assistance as excellent. Every single caregiver that my mother has had from them has been wonderful. They would send out who is available on that day, and they have all been excellent.

February 13, 2012

By ShaunaK

They have multiple locations throughout the Bay Area - I've worked with their Los Gatos and Danville offices (we moved my mom mid-year). Incredibly professional and compassionate folks, I would highly recommend them to any family seeking a worry free home care solution for parents.

November 01, 2011

By CFlorentino

I had never hired a caregiver before, but after my mom broke her hip she was in desperate need of additional help since I live in another state. After her accident I was willing to try anything to keep her safe at home.  My mom's caregiver's name was Susan and she did a wonderful job keeping her comfortable.  The two hit it off immediately and became  fast friends.  Susan would arrive everyday around 11am to start preparing a lunch of my mom's choice, which was usually half a turkey sandwich and soup. Those meals were the highlight of my mom's day for several months.  Within a short period of time, Susan had my mom well on her way to recovery.  Whether Susan was helping my mom onto the couch or sharing a laugh with her, the two of them formed a strong bond. Home Care Assistance eased my mom's transition from the hospital to home and now she that she is fully recovered and walking around she couldn't be happier!

From Home Care Assistance

Home Care Assistance is North America's premier provider of live-in care for seniors. Founded by a Certified Geriatric Care Manager and PhD Clinical Psychologist, Home Care Assistance rigorously screens and trains caregivers in its exclusive Balanced Care MethodTM. This method centers on the lifestyle factors in the areas of nutrition, exercise, and mental stimulation that contribute to a longer and healthier lifespan, making Home Care Assistance the only senior care solution with an emphasis on healthy longevity.

Closely supervised by care managers, our bonded and insured caregivers must pass background and work authorization checks as well as our exclusive psychological screening. They provide companionship and activity, transportation, light housekeeping, meal preparation, help with bathing, dressing and hygiene, medication reminders, safety monitoring and more. We are available 24/7 for service at home, during hospital stays or even in a facility. No long-term service commitment required.

Our constant mission to provide the highest quality, most reliable home care service has allowed us to successfully operate North America's preferred brand in home care while maintaining an intimate and personal rapport with each of our clients.

Photos of Home Care Assistance