Options For Senior America Corp - Northern Virginia

Contact Now

Reviews of Options For Senior America Corp - Northern Virginia

Caring072901 July 31, 2013

My experience with Options For Senior America has been great. We don't have any bad experience with them. We have been using them for three months or so now. They initially sent out a person to assess exactly what we needed for my mom and it didn't take long for them to find a person that is a good match for her. They sent us an absolutely wonderful caregiver. She knows what she is doing. She is very professional. She is taking good care of my mom. She is just extremely helpful. I am very pleased with her.

Ann22 May 16, 2013

I had two shifts originally which were weekdays and weekends. The two caregivers in the weekend were great. The weekdays people were horrible. What made me unhappy with Options for Senior America was that they sent me people that were not qualified to do the job. These people that they were sending me were very lazy. The first one I had was very good but she was unhappy with her negotiated rate with the agency and so she tried to get the difference from me. She became very abusive and I had to let her go. The second one that came in was not feeding my father on schedule and I found out that some days he wouldn't get food at all. They replaced her with someone else and that person was no good at all. She was not a morning person and was not able to follow the schedule on my fathers meals and medication. The last person was the same thing. My father was falling and she did not tell me, and then he had a heart attack. It was a horrible experience. I would not wish Options For Senior America on my worst enemy.

Mrs D. May 29, 2012

We found a Homecare Agency and everything is good so far. My husband needs some help and ever since we got her, things had been smooth sailing for us. She comes around a few hours a week as we prefer. We are very much happy and satisfied with her service and will have her and her company for a long time.

Caring Son1 April 30, 2012

I chose this provider because I got comfortable with them after the interview. They also did seminars on how to care for my dad. The staff were caring and friendly and they did answer all my questions. They were pretty good when they were here. They promised to follow up through with support staff but there was an instance that the young man caring for my father didn't show up and they didn't send anyone. I got scrambled up so I ultimately let them go. I am now just hiring private caregivers for him.

From Options For Senior America Corp - Northern Virginia

Receive FREE 7th day of service with purchase of 6 days

(Value up to $220, please call for details)

From its beginning in 1989, Options for Senior America was destined to become the leading home care agency in the East Coast.This is so because Options never lost sight of what its clients wanted. We specialize in at-home one-on-one care for senior adults.We are a leader in custodial home care, offering both live-in services as well as hourly schedules customized to each individual family's needs. Options makes the process of having in-home health care as easy and hassle-free as possible, offering the following activities of daily living services (ADLs) with the same rates for days, nights, weekends, short-term, and long-term care:

• Personal Hygiene
  • Medication Reminders
  • Transfers & Ambulating
  • Meal Preparation & Feeding
  • Exercise & Activities
  • Housekeeping & Laundry
  • Shopping & Errands
  • Companionship & Support
  • Options also offers skilled care by providing RNs and LPNs for patients who require an advanced level of care. We are licensed, bonded, and insured with personnel readily available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.

Our group is about kinder alternatives for Senior Adults.

Give your loved one Options!

Give your senior Options!

Caregiver Information

Caregiver Skills Include:

Patient Transfers, Family Communication, Communicating with Dementia Patients

Caregivers employed, bonded and insured: Yes
    Caregivers available 24 hours a day: Yes
    Available to assisted living facility: Yes
    RN on Staff: Yes

• Rate for hourly care: $20.75-$22.75/hour
    • Rate for live-in care: $245-$275/day

• Licenses: Licensed per State requirement

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• Companion care
    • Personal care assistants
    • In-home health care
    • Range of services extra: All activities of daily living

• We have male caregivers/companions

Travel

• Travel: Staff will travel 30+ miles to provide care

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Training Areas

Payment options

• Insurance
    • Credit card
    • Check
    • Payment options extra: EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer)

Payment details

• We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers
    • Clients handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers

Business Address