Windsor Point

1221 Broad Street, Fuquay Varina, NC, 27526

Reviews of Windsor Point

November 19, 2014

By Caring101928850

I was really impressed with Windsor Point, but they didn’t have any opening. It was a very nice facility, but it didn’t give you the home feeling. The place is so formal, however I was blown away as the place is so beautiful. They have a lot of activities: shops, trips and outings. They have people come in and play music, and there is a beauty shop and a little store. They had a lot of activities during the day, but it didn’t hug you when you were there.

June 28, 2014

By bvuncannon

I am and always have been very impressed with Windsor Point. My grandmother moved in over 12 years ago and she has always been delighted to call Windsor Point her home. She moved into a cottage when she first moved in and then downsized to a two bedroom apartment in one of their apartment buildings. I think they call it the London Taylor building. It was just recently renovated. Due to a change in her health she has been needing some extra assistance and is moving to their assisted living facility. I've met with the staff of the assisted living and everyone seems to be great. The facility is clean and free from odors like a lot of nursing homes that I have been to. Other than the staff, grandma says that she loves the sense of family that she has at Windsor Point. She has made so many new friends and is able to stay in contact with them since they are located on the same property. AND the food, the food is wonderful, I come and visit her on Sundays and they set up a special room for us to have lunch together. The food is just like home cooking, actually better that home cooking cause I can't cook. If you're looking for a place for a loved one, Windsor Point is it.

November 21, 2012

By roseneice

I was impressed with many aspects of this assisted living home. It is also a nursing home and independent living community all within the same area and company. The relative I visited resided in the assistant living section. It was very clean, with modern decor. She shared a room and I noticed there were only 3 single room available in this section. I also visited the nursing home section when my relative became very ill and was also impressed with the care she got from more qualified staff, namely the addition of an RN. Only Aides were used in the assisted living section. The community itself boasts many homes and apartments, they are very expensive but I would live there. The menu reads well, but my relative and others have said the food was not good and certainly didn't measure up to the amount of money they were paying each month. I tried several of the meals and it is comparative to hospital food, which has improved over the years. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable, able to answer my questions. There was a genuine care about my relative. I was not too impressed with the supervisor on duty for the Aides on the assisted living side. She seemed disconnected and unconcerned. I would describe it as a major disassociation to those placed in her care. Surely the other staff made up for it as they are very accommodating. This facility is also very formal with a receptionist, chef, beauty shop, bank, and library. They do lots of activities with the residents and that is impressive. I noticed they only bathe my relative 3 times per week but on one of those times she gets to use a Jacuzzi walk in tub that she really loved. She also was able to go to the beauty shop where she met with other residents and friends. It was sort of a social hour.

May 12, 2012

By CaryAnn

I highly recommend Windsor Point for the person/s who are in good health. They have the option of several different floor plans and my Aunt Lucile was very happy with her apartment. The storage was plentiful, having several closet inside and outside of her residence. She could select the meal plan that was right for her. She did have to walk to a different building to eat, and that became more difficult in inclement weather and as she aged. Recently, at 99 years old, she decided to move to the next level of care as the walking to have her meals became more difficult and she was losing weight.the next level of care was sufficient. The nurse/tech would dispense her meds for her which is a positive. Just three weeks ago, my aunt had a TIA and the staff got her right to the hospital. After that, she returned to a skilled floor which I didn't like. The hall smelled of urine and she had to ask over and over for help.She was sharing a room and she didn't know what was happening to her. I will say o was not happy to hear that one doctor comes by for the whole hall only two times per week. I think there is a better way to give family information about her health condition. As with all nursing room floors, each patient needs their own advocate and I know in this situation her son is unconcerned. Overall, I think the place is good for healthier seniors who can't live at home any longer. Also, coup,es can have an apartment together. Also there is an Alzheimer's unit as well.

November 26, 2011

By Ajon0516

The Alzheimer's Unit smells! There's never any employees on the floor. They're always in the dining room eating and talking. My Grandmother recently was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. While there, the hospital staff cut her medication dosage in half. It was amazing the difference in her cognition! I actually saw glimpses of the vibrant, funny Granny I used to know! The Windsor Point staff had purposefully overmedicated my Granny so as not to have to deal with her! Every time I'd go see her at Windsor Point she was listless and lethargic, non interactive and zoned out... One day in the hospital, and she's 1,000% better! I only wish I'd caught this level of criminal negligence sooner! Whatever you do, steer clear of this place!!!

About Windsor Point

Windsor Point is a continuing care retirement community in Fuquay Varina, NC that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Windsor Point for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Map of Windsor Point