Summerfield Senior Living

1224 Plumas Street, Yuba City, CA, 95991

Reviews of Summerfield Senior Living

May 11, 2016

By VickiRUBJK

We choose Summerfield for my mom mainly because it is local. I like this place. My mom is in a companion room that's large enough to each have their own bed, night stand or lamp, chair, and dresser. They have their own private bathroom and a kitchenette. The staff gives 24/7 care, and the service is fine. She has been there for a month and a half. They have a chef on staff who cooks three meals a day plus snacks, coffee, and juices, whatever they want. They keep them very active, which I like. They have a schedule of things for them to do all day long. There areexercise classes and games for everybody like memory games or watching a program together.

September 23, 2014

I visited Summerfield Retirement and the interior and physical was just gorgeous, pretty, new, very clean, and upscale. The lady who showed us around was very nice, sat down with us, talked, and explained their facilities and what they offered. The rooms were large and I have an aunt that lives there and she is well-satisfied with the food. We saw people mingling and interacting and my aunt is very pleased with the activities. They have outside activities where they take them in little buses to different events, and they have people come there. The director is willing and open to listen to their ideas of what they want and try to accommodate their needs. The pristine condition of the building is what I like the most.

September 01, 2014

My mother is in the memory care unit over at Summerfield. I’d give it a good mark all the way around. They take pretty good care of her. It’s very clean and it’s well staffed. They let me know if there are any problems or any concerns, or if I have any questions. They also do activities and stuff. It’s reasonably priced for the area, so I’m happy with it. I wouldn’t have put her in the other choices in the area. There was another place in the area that was a little bit less expensive and it’s also nice, but it’s a little further drive. So price is a big consideration but the convenience for us to be able to see her is also a factor. I’d highly recommend it Summerfield for the Yuba City area. It’s a good facility.

February 28, 2014

By Bob79524550

We went to Summerfield Retirement Community and it's such a pretty inviting place. We looked at the rooms and they are pretty new. It's a very nice and clean place. I was impressed with the facility.

August 14, 2013

By jc_slidell46

It was the newest and the prettiest one we've seen in a while. Their rooms were in the halls. The staff was accommodating to us. They do not have skilled nurses.

January 21, 2012

By sassykittykat25

I felt that this facility was a very nice place. It was clean and the staff was friendly. The residents all seemed happy and were friendly with eachother. When I walked into the building, I was greeted with a smile and asked if I was there to visit a resident or tour the facility. I stated that I was there to take a tour and they were very friendly about showing me around. The bathrooms were clean, the hallways were clean, and I noticed that all residents were clean and dressed for the day, whereas in other facilities I had noticed that most residents were still in nightgowns and appeared depressed. I felt good about the fact that there was an alarm on the door in case any confused residents walked out the door without being buzzed through. This is important to keep track of alzheimers patients. I know I spelled that wrong, sorry. Anyhow, this place is in the top running for places for my grandfather to live as he will soon need assistance.

October 07, 2011

By beverly1

On 10/06/1011, I visited relatives at this assisted living facility on Plumas Street in Yuba City. This is what I observed: Cleanliness: generally good, individual bathrooms were clean w some odors. Generally spacious and orderly hallways Meals: 3 per day Residents: "Everyone treats us good" "food is good, some cooks are better than others" Activities: encouraged, large room w big sceen TV This facility is a little hard to find, tucked away behind a Senior living facility. It is licensed for 99 residentsand currently is home to about 70 persons.

August 01, 2011

I really loved this place and had no regrets when i placed my mother there when her dementia started increasing. The staff has very nice and it felt like a home to my mother and the food was not to bad the cooked 3 meals a day and provided snacks to her whenever she wanted. They also would transport to all of her appointments so I didnt have to worry about her missing any appointments. They also had activities for her to join in like bingo and card games and lots of stuff to keep them active and there mind working. I really enjoyed summerfield everytime I came to visit my mother. The place was also very safe and secure they have a buzzer system for people to come in and if you are not buzzed out than the alarm goes off so staff can check to see who went out the door. Which comfort me to know if my mother was to get confused and think she was younger or try to take off they would know and stop her and comfort her so she wouldnt be running around the streets or get hurt.

Photos of Summerfield Senior Living

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Summerfield Senior Living

A community that provides accommodations and services for independent living, assisted living and memory care, Summerfield Senior Living sits in Yuba City, a lovely bedroom community close to Sacramento. We are dedicated to providing a high level of care for those residents that require it, while at the same time performing these services with the utmost respect for the individual.

We have a number of different accommodation options here at Summerfield Senior Living, with floor plans available in both studio and one-bedroom layouts. Each apartment comes outfitted with private baths, individually controlled thermostats and emergency call systems that are monitored 24 hours a day. Select units even come equipped with kitchenettes.

Residents can often be found working on personal projects and chatting with friends in our craft activity room, relaxing in the library with a favorite book or enjoying a delicious meal in The Sage Grill dining room. With our Dine Your Way Program, residents choose what they want to eat, when they want to eat.

No matter their place in life, residents are presented with activities and programs that fit them as individuals. Our Live Your Way® Wellness Programs is our special fitness program that has been developed to adapt to each resident's lifestyle.

If assistance is ever required, our talented staff members are available around the clock to lend a helping hand. These services often include help with medication management, personal hygiene, showing, dressing, ambulation and other activities of daily living. Our memory care residents are provided with a variety of programs and services that specifically address the daily challenges faced by individual with dementia.

Map of Summerfield Senior Living