From Summerfield Senior Living

Inspired living with style. A Warm Environment that Enriches Lives.

Recently expanded Compass Rose Memory Care now has openings for private and companion suites. Call today to find out how you can reserve a suite for your loved one, but don't wait! We only have a few suites remaining.

At Summerfield Senior Living, you'll experience a personable and engaging atmosphere that caters to the ever-changing needs of our residents. Located close to Sacramento in a lovely bedroom community of Yuba City, Summerfield offers a serene and uniquely satisfying choice for the next stage of life. Here, you'll find options for Retirement Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care residents, with a commitment to providing a high level of care and respect for the individual. As part of our dedication to offering a family-centric environment, Summerfield offers joint activities for both residents and their families to help maintain and enhance personal ties and bonds.

Reviews of Summerfield Senior Living

Posted by Caring99276050 September 23, 2014

I visited Summerfield Retirement and the interior and physical was just gorgeous, pretty, new, very clean, and upscale. The lady who showed us around was very nice, sat down with us, talked, and explained their facilities and what they offered. The rooms were large and I have an aunt that lives there and she is well-satisfied with the food. We saw people mingling and interacting and my aunt is very pleased with the activities. They have outside activities where they take them in little buses to different events, and they have people come there. The director is willing and open to listen to their ideas of what they want and try to accommodate their needs. The pristine condition of the building is what I like the most.

Posted by Caring79516550 September 01, 2014
4.0

My mother is in the memory care unit over at Summerfield. I’d give it a good mark all the way around. They take pretty good care of her. It’s very clean and it’s well staffed. They let me know if there are any problems or any concerns, or if I have any questions. They also do activities and stuff. It’s reasonably priced for the area, so I’m happy with it. I wouldn’t have put her in the other choices in the area. There was another place in the area that was a little bit less expensive and it’s also nice, but it’s a little further drive. So price is a big consideration but the convenience for us to be able to see her is also a factor. I’d highly recommend it Summerfield for the Yuba City area. It’s a good facility.

Posted by Bob79524550 February 28, 2014

We went to Summerfield Retirement Community and it's such a pretty inviting place. We looked at the rooms and they are pretty new. It's a very nice and clean place. I was impressed with the facility.

Posted by jc_slidell46 August 14, 2013

It was the newest and the prettiest one we've seen in a while. Their rooms were in the halls. The staff was accommodating to us. They do not have skilled nurses.

Posted by sassykittykat25 January 21, 2012

I felt that this facility was a very nice place. It was clean and the staff was friendly. The residents all seemed happy and were friendly with eachother. When I walked into the building, I was greeted with a smile and asked if I was there to visit a resident or tour the facility. I stated that I was there to take a tour and they were very friendly about showing me around. The bathrooms were clean, the hallways were clean, and I noticed that all residents were clean and dressed for the day, whereas in other facilities I had noticed that most residents were still in nightgowns and appeared depressed. I felt good about the fact that there was an alarm on the door in case any confused residents walked out the door without being buzzed through. This is important to keep track of alzheimers patients. I know I spelled that wrong, sorry. Anyhow, this place is in the top running for places for my grandfather to live as he will soon need assistance.

Posted by beverly1 October 07, 2011
4.0

On 10/06/1011, I visited relatives at this assisted living facility on Plumas Street in Yuba City. This is what I observed: Cleanliness: generally good, individual bathrooms were clean w some odors. Generally spacious and orderly hallways Meals: 3 per day Residents: "Everyone treats us good" "food is good, some cooks are better than others" Activities: encouraged, large room w big sceen TV This facility is a little hard to find, tucked away behind a Senior living facility. It is licensed for 99 residentsand currently is home to about 70 persons.

Posted by Caring391374 August 01, 2011
4.0

I really loved this place and had no regrets when i placed my mother there when her dementia started increasing. The staff has very nice and it felt like a home to my mother and the food was not to bad the cooked 3 meals a day and provided snacks to her whenever she wanted. They also would transport to all of her appointments so I didnt have to worry about her missing any appointments. They also had activities for her to join in like bingo and card games and lots of stuff to keep them active and there mind working. I really enjoyed summerfield everytime I came to visit my mother. The place was also very safe and secure they have a buzzer system for people to come in and if you are not buzzed out than the alarm goes off so staff can check to see who went out the door. Which comfort me to know if my mother was to get confused and think she was younger or try to take off they would know and stop her and comfort her so she wouldnt be running around the streets or get hurt.

Location of Summerfield Senior Living

Features of Summerfield Senior Living

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• Lowest monthly rate: 2,450
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum Memory Care Cost: 3,710

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 515001824