Palm Gardens Senior Living

240 Palm Avenue, Woodland, CA, 95695

Reviews of Palm Gardens Senior Living

Sister, Collette March 24, 2015

After searching for a place for my sister, whose has dementia, I found a place in Woodland that had been recommended. It turned out after 3 months it was not acceptable. My sister was very unhappy. So we looked again, and we checked out Palm Gardens in Woodland. It was great. The workers were very friendly. They cared about each person there. My sister is doing great, and she is happy. She is in memory care. She has been there now for about one and a half years. They have so many activities going on all day. Keeping them active keeps them alive longer. Although when I go there, she knows I am someone she should know, she gets excited. I tell her its me Sis, and says ok, I know. But she really doesn't remember much. But she can still read well. We kiss and hug, and we go out for lunch. She is Happy. Her daughter is about a mile away and she is usually over there every week. The girls that take care of her do a great job. She is always clean and happy. They stay on top of things, like if she is not feeling well, and they call us to let us know, so we can take her to the Doctors if we have to. I live about 2 hours away, so I get down there 1 or 2 times a month. Her daughter is a big help when I can't make some of her Dr. appointments she takes over. Everyone who works there is friendly and nice and the place is very clean. We are truly happy that we found Palm Gardens. We don't worry any more. Take the time to check out where you put your loved ones when they are in need of special care.

Robert75298550 January 31, 2014

We choose Palm Gardens for mom because it is very nice. With my interaction with the staff and the management, they all seem very nice. They seem to be very conscientious. I will highly recommend them to others.

guntherholmes October 30, 2012

After her second heart attack my grandmother really wasn't herself. I was used to seeing her lively all the time. She would bake around the clock and host family cookouts once a month. Visiting here home in Folsom was one of the things I always looked forward. Uforttunately there are no more cookouts. My grandmother has been hospitalized and placed in nursing homes on and off since her last heart attack. In the most recent months she has been placed in Palm Garden nursing home in Woodland, CA. I'm happy to say that this is the first time I've seen my dear grandmother actually recovering. Thanks to the facility and the very social atmosphere, she is slowly started to revert to her old quirky self. In large part I credit the exemplary staff of the Palm Gardens. Their professionality and impeccable bedside manner are the best I've ever seen. The facilites offer various recreational activities on a day to day basis. I think the oppurtunity to interact with other seniors has revitalized my grandmother on a metaphysical level. Day by day she seems more like her old self. The only down side to the facility is there studio sized rooms.

Caring413811 August 23, 2011

This mid-sized facility, which offers both assisted living and memory care, is comfortable"”but not fantastic in any way. There are no foul odors in the place, which is clean and well maintained. And soon after arriving, you can usually smell the food cooking in the kitchen, which is very appealing and gives it a homey feel. There is a nice area designated for respite"”with two rooms and two beds in each. And other available rooms are also used to accommodate respite needs. Stays are limited to a month. The living units are studios and one-bedrooms"”all of which open up into a courtyard area with a small patio. That's the only natural light, however"”so the place can feel a bit dark at times. The menu is basic, although there are some ethnic foods featured occasionally on special nights. The staff members are friendly, although not overly friendly"”and they seem to interact well with the residents. There are activities offered for those in assisted living"”but nothing very creative or particularly engaging. This facility has recently been going through transitions in management. The new executive director has a good reputation and good experience so there are high hopes that things will turn around from the somewhat sketchy reputation it had in the past. One strength of the facility is its memory unit"”and it also offers classes to the public on how to work and live with people who have dementia. There are good and fitting activities for those in memory care, and the unit is decorated with costumes that are intended to invoke memories and historical attachments. And that works. I heard one gentleman reminiscing about his armed services, inspired by a uniform on display. There is also an outside area and an indoor atrium that is secured. One of the major drawbacks is location; Palm Gardens is very far north in Woodland and not easily accessible. There is not much of a neighborhood nearby, and the public transportation system doesn't connect well in the area. The cost begins at $2,000 per month for basic care; memory care starts at $2,500. -The reviewer, Jillian Winchester-Ebeling, is a human service professional in Davis, California.

commercesd June 09, 2011

Visited this facility

We went to check out Palm Gardens in Woodland, California and our aunt really liked the lawns that were graced with a lovely rose garden. The living room features a warm and inviting fireplace. The communal rooms shown plenty of interesting activities taking place. The people seemed very happy and well cared for. The other communal areas provided nice and pleasant places to socialize in with friends and family. The food choices we were offered were healthy and delicious and snacks are offered any time they are desired. The studio and one-bedroom private rooms have plenty of room for personal choice decorations and furnishings to suit individual tastes. Each person is encouraged to design a routine around their specific interests. Our aunt enjoys daily exercises and really liked the choices of yoga and assisted training. We were all particularly impressed with the many social activities and festivities for which family and friends are encouraged to join in. It's hard to get everyone together and to transport elder loved ones at times, so this is an added bonus.

From Palm Gardens Senior Living

Palm Gardens Assisted Living, located in Woodland, Calif., features more than 70 private studio and one-bedroom apartments. Facilities include a patio, dining room, library, beauty salon and common living areas. We provide weekly housekeeping services, with fresh linens and towels, as well as daily tidy-up services.

Palm Gardens Assisted Living provides 24-hour assistance with eating, bathing, medication management and dressing. We also offer a program designed especially for residents with memory loss. Our on-site resident care professionals oversee the administration of medications and provide other basic care needs. Palm Gardens Assisted Living additionally offers laundry services and scheduled transportation to activities and local doctor s appointments.

We have good staff to resident ratio and caring staff. Affordable rates and good quality of care to our residents.

Features of Palm Gardens Senior Living