Chaucer Estates

10550 East 21st Street North, Wichita, KS, 67206

Reviews of Chaucer Estates

Catherine505170 October 20, 2016

Initially, I liked Chaucer Estates. They were friendly and very welcoming to me, and I moved my mom in, and I didn't get the same vibe for my mom. For 3 days, she was very overwhelmed by the amount of people that were in the dining hall. Then I get a phone call, and they decided to put her in memory care. Two months earlier, she had been living by herself independently, so I kind of panicked that she went from independent living to lockdown, where she can't go outside and do walks. I just felt like that they didn't take the time to get to know her and make her feel comfortable in this situation. They need to improve on personal relationship with clients. The food has not won her over, but she has not turned down a meal, so I would just say the food is probably average. My mom's room is adequate. The problem I have with them is it doesn't matter what time of day I go to visit, but she's always by herself in her room watching TV and that's it no matter what time of day I go.
We were glad to learn you felt welcomed at Chaucer Estates, and apologize for any confusion. Our residents' care is our number one priority, and we would appreciate the opportunity to hear any further input or answer any questions you may have. Please reach out to our Executive Director, Joseph, at our community line should you have any additional comments. Thank you for your time.

Merlyn342146 October 14, 2016

We like Chaucer Estates. It was more expensive though. It differed in the fact that it had a separate Alzheimer’s facility that is part of the assisted living. It’s behind a secure door, and if the residents behave themselves, they’re allowed to go out into the assisted living area that had a really nice dining room and other things going on. They got a swimming pool for one thing. They seemed to have entertainment type activities, where people come in and entertain them.

Lourdes083411 September 30, 2016

Chaucer Estates was the one that I liked the most. It’s closer to my house. I saw how everybody was treated. The place is so clean and organized. The management was very nice and very caring. The rooms that I observed were very nice. The staff was very informative, attentive, caring, and friendly. It was warmer and more caring, and it has bilingual staff that was appealing to me as well.

Caring113290950 September 30, 2015

Our favorite one was Chaucer. It was nice. We got to visit the staff and tour the rooms, and this was the one that they wanted to go into. The rooms were nicer than other facilities. They were a little larger and had their own kitchenette in them for assisted living people. I liked their food and the dining facility; it felt more like a big restaurant. They actually had an indoor swimming pool where they could do water aerobics, so it wasn’t open for them to just swim in. They could do some classes there; it was really nice. They also would allow my parents to keep their little dogs with them.

Lorie7 June 15, 2015

I put my parents into Chaucer Estates for two weeks. We came down to like two or three of them, and when the time actually came, and it needed to happen that day, they were able to make it happen. They also knew that it was probably be only for two weeks. They were great. Maybe they should have better access for the clients to get coffee and things like that.

Phyllis10 June 19, 2013

I went about two years ago to Chaucer Estates and at that time I can't afford the price. It's just a little bit pricy for me. The place is very, very nice. They have two bedrooms, one bedroom, a nice kitchen, and a bath. They have a backyard and the place is really good. They have activities. The staff are very nice.

wachinout4u January 12, 2012

Other

This is a rather upscale assisted living campus located in northeast wichita. The units are spacious and well maintained, as are the grounds of this facility. There is a long laundry list of services and ammenities available. This is nice, but staffing tends to be lean. Feels a little isolated to me. Don't get me wrong, needs are met from alzheimer's care to medication administration, but I don't feel that sense of community here like you do in some of the assisted living campuses. Nice that you can have a small pet.

From Chaucer Estates

Senior assisted living at Chaucer Estates offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Chaucer Estates, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Wichita has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Chaucer Estates, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Features of Chaucer Estates

• Minimum Rate $2800/month
  • Minimum Memory Cost $4800/month
  • Fee Structure Extra We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra Cottages

• Pool
  • Features Extra Chapel, W/D In Apt.

• Technology Extra Emergency Call System