American House West Bloomfield Senior Living

5859 W. Maple Rd., West Bloomfield, MI, 48322

Reviews of American House West Bloomfield Senior Living

Micki3 April 28, 2015

My husband is in American House West Bloomfield, and it fit his needs. He has his own bathroom and shower. He has a furnished studio apartment. I've eaten a few meals, and they were good. I am paying for his deluxe package of assisted living. They come in the morning and help him get dressed. They take him to breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They give him his medications. They come in the afternoon and bedtime and help him. Every two hours during the night, somebody is supposed to come in and check on him. He is under supervision, plus they take him to the activities if he wants to participate. He is really not into music, but today he was in a concert, and I'm happy with it.

It's a nice inviting facility. The staff are good. They have a nurse who is really on top of things. We had a mix up with the medication, and she was very instrumental in getting that straightened out. She won't give him anything unless she has a prescription with the doctor's name on it. He hasn't been there a whole month yet. So far, it's very good. They have a little café. It's more affordable than other places.

Thank you for your feedback! Since American House West Bloomfield is not a licensed assisted living community, any and all health care services are arranged and contracted by the individual resident with a 24-hour onsite Medicare certified third party home health care agency offering seniors and their families the independence they want and the assistance they may need. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, mobility, medication management or bathing and dressing assistance, the home health care company kindly and competently meets their needs with customized care plans. We take great pride in ensuring residents enjoy both independence and peace of mind with apartment-style living plus the convenience of services like restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, diverse resident programming and transportation. We adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior living while providing a special touch - we're glad you noticed! If there's anything else we can provide you, please let us know!

Tibby1 April 07, 2015

I went to American House at West Bloomfield. It was very nice. We had lunch there. The food was very good. I like this facility. It was fine. It was very clean. It was nice. They had lots of activities. I like it. Everybody was great. The office staff and kitchen staff were fine.

Thank you for your feedback, and for taking a tour at the American House West Bloomfield community. Our culinary department does an excellent job of providing meals for residents that are 'eye teasing and stomach pleasing!' If there's any questions I can answer please do reach out to me directly. Sincerely, Debby Stanley (248) 330-8452

Caring73647350 November 28, 2013

We choose American House for mom because of its affordability, its proximity to my sister's house and the quality of the facility. We are happy with American House because she seems to be doing good there. My mother thinks that the food is good. It has high quality meals. They have two choices of entrees per meal. My mom is comfortable with the caregivers and the residents. The facility is cleaner and newer looking. The way the room is heated is more efficient because it has an air-conditioner/heater in the room. It doesn't smell bad like the other places. It didn't have a ramp. They have more activities for the residents and they publish a newsletter that tells us what's going on.

Thank you so much for pointing out so many of the great aspects of living here! I'm glad your mom is enjoying herself here, and that you are happy as well. I know moving into a community like ours is a big decision and it means a lot for you to leave your feedback. If you or your mom ever need anything, please stop in or give me a call.

Sincerely, Deneen Dye, Executive Director 248-538-5283

Pamela7 April 25, 2013

American House at West Bloomfield was just wonderful. I was very happy with what I saw on my initial visit. It was lovely, clean, and homey. The little individual rooms were set up very well. The staff was wonderful. I don't have a bad thing to say about the place except for the price. Their price is outrageous.

We love when visitors like everything about our community here. I understand the price may be a little different than what you expected, but please keep in mind all of the terrific amenities we offer to make our price a great value. We offer so much more than just an apartment! We're happy to work with you to evaluate you and your family's best affordability opportunities. Please stop back by and we can discuss things further.

Sincerely, Debby Stanley, Executive Director 248-538-5283

Yana1 November 08, 2012

American House West Bloomfield Senior Living was one of best assisted living facilities and that is why I chose them for my loved one. They offer flexible visiting hours, the staff is friendly, and my loved one was well taken care of. I am very satisfied with the customer service at American House West Bloomfield Senior Living. W.B American House was very prompt as far as communication, fast response times, and a satisfactory service for their residents which was evident through the care that they provided for my loved one. Their cleanliness is amazing! The staff is very dedicated. When I called with a question, someone called me back right away and then did a follow-up to ensure that I was satisfied with the service, in which I was. The staff that takes care of my loved one was polite, professional, and very prompt. I am very satisfied with my experience with American House and I definitely recommend this assisted living facility for anyone who truly cares about the well-being of their loved one.

We're so thrilled that you think so highly of our senior living community and that you'd recommend us to others, Yana1! We try to be the best we can be and provide our residents with the very best care, and we really appreciate you noticing our dedicated staff. Thanks so much for your feedback - and your recommendation!

Sincerely, Debby Stanley, Executive Director 248-538-5283

Social Worker # 1 November 16, 2011

I am a friend of a resident of American House Assisted Living Facility. In general, I thought the American House Assisted Living facility was an excellent placement for anyone that is looking for a placement for a friend or a family member.

The grounds of the facility are beautiful and very well maintained and the landscape is also very well structured and coordinated. The common areas of the facility are in a beautiful neighborhood and the surrounding areas are also beautiful and eye catching. The residents' rooms are very nice and clean and the facility doesn't smell. The residents look happy and the food taste excellent; I had lunch with my friend. Family members and friends can buy their lunch or dinner and eat in the formal dining room or in the resident room with the resident they are visiting.

The staff and management of the facility are professional, and team, task oriented in their job duties and performance and the facility doesn't smell. I think the residents receive excellent care there.

While I was there, I noticed that the residents were attending another resident birthday party and the staff was serving the residents cake and ice cream. The American House offers their residents; movie night 2 times a week, activity and recreational events and other social and functional gatherings are offered to their residents on regular basis. American House has various fruit juice, various fruits, and many other snacks that they offer their residents throughout the entire day on a daily basis. I would have to give American House a five star rating in all areas.

Overall, The American House is an excellent placement and I would recommend it to everyone, anyone, 50 and over because I know that they would like it there and I know that they would receive excellent care there.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and detailed review! We are always happy to hear from one of our residents.

From American House West Bloomfield Senior Living

An elegant yet warm and comfortable community in the heart of affluent Oakland County, American House West Bloomfield is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in West Bloomfield, Farmington Hills, and Novi, as well as Bloomfield Hospital, Beaumont, and Botsford Hospital. West Bloomfield Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Floorplan options at West Bloomfield include studios as well as 1 and 2 bedrooms - all with full kitchens, living rooms and private baths. We also have a community dining room - restaurant-style dining available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our residents also enjoy an on-site beauty salon/barber shop, fitness/wellness center, computer room and more.

Our Activity Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.

Reimbursement

Resident Services

• Restaurant-Style Dining Available for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
  • Concierge Service
  • Housekeeping Services Available
  • Activity Director with a wide range of cultural, social, and recreational activities and trips
  • 24-hour staffing