The Groves at Tustin

1262 Bryan Ave, Tustin, CA, 92780

Reviews of The Groves at Tustin

Bobbie9 January 01, 2016

We have found a place for my friend's mother. We placed her at The Groves at Tustin. The location was one of the reasons we chose this, and I really like the people. It turned out to be good. My friend will need to go into memory care, which we're going to have to make one more move inside this community because they do have memory care. That's one other reason we picked it, that it would have levels of care. The size of the apartment she is in now is exactly what they have for memory care, so it won't be a huge transition for her. I'm happy about that. Her apartment is huge and really nice. She has a really large living room. Their kitchenette is the only thing I don't like about this facility. They don't have a sink, which is weird. However, they can order their meals and snacks downstairs in the dining room. The closet is in the living room and not in the bedroom, which is also a weird thing. The size of the rooms is huge though. I did have lunch with my friend and it was quite lovely. They're very accommodating. I like it, and my friend's mother is doing well.

Mike117778650 December 15, 2015

We visited The Groves at Tustin and ended up placing my mom there. She is adjusting very well. We are happy that she is being taken care of well and that she is safe. The room is very nice and extremely clean. They have terraces, but of course, the memory care residents are not allowed on the terraces. It is a very clean and very modern facility.

Caring112611450 September 07, 2015

The Groves at Tustin was our second choice. It was very nice. Everything was close. It was a smaller facility, so the residents wouldn't have to walk very far. Also, it was right in the heart of Tustin, so they are close to the shops and medical facilities in the area.

Bonnie37 October 07, 2014

The care and the staff at The Groves are superior. They couldn’t have been more caring with my mom and seeing that her needs were met. When my mom first came in there, staff would come in and make her feel comfortable and integrated into the place. She was introduced to other seniors there, they had a lot of activities, and the medical staff really saw to her needs. They had all kinds of classes; my mother does oil painting, and she was able to complete two paintings in the six weeks she was there. They really encourage and support the people that were there. They had get-togethers in the afternoon in the courtyard, art classes to keep their minds active, and once a month they had outside people come in to entertain them. They had a movie room and a library. The thing that I felt was most interesting was they had a lounge area with a TV and the whole time my mom was there, I never saw anybody in that room sitting there watching TV which I think was significant.

The maintenance and up-keep was superior. They had someone come in once a day who would make the bed, tidy up the room, and take out the trash. Once a week they had someone who would do the extra cleaning, clean the bathroom, and do her laundry. The food was unbelievably good; the chef is award winning, he took the proportions and the type of food that seniors can eat completely into consideration and came out and talk to them. I can’t speak highly enough of them.

DeeDaw1 July 13, 2012

This was my first experience going into any form of an assisted living home and I was actually impressed with the condition of the facility. Everything in the common area was clean and that same cleanliness extended to the entire facility from the guest's rooms to the lounge. The staff who greeted us and showed us around was incredibly friendly and outgoing. They truly seemed like they cared about the guests and were interested in helping out the people rather than getting through another day of work. The most important thing I noticed though was how the current residents acted. There was a sense of happiness and freedom within the guests, who smiled and laughed while performing whatever activities they wanted to for the day. My family is currently making the decision about which facility is the best, but I would say that Cranbrook is by far the most accepting and enjoyable.

MarloRuth1 June 23, 2012

They are very friendly, and they answered all of my questions about how my grandparent was doing. They gave me a tour of the area; there are some private spaces where guests can be alone and be away from the crowd. There are also some common spaces such as restaurants, where they can interact with peers. Everything seemed nice and clean. They also have recreational activities so that grandpa could exercise. Overall, I was very pleased with the visit!

commercesd June 14, 2012

The Cranbrook Senior Living community looked really well-kept from the outside as we drove up. Our aunt has lived in the region for quite a while and would like to stay in touch with friends and family. We especially liked the park-like atmosphere of the grounds. The patio areas have room for barbeques where they have hosted and private parties.

The main foyer had a lovely receiving area, reminiscent of a quaint country home. It was hard to imagine that this was an assisted living facility.

The communal areas all had interesting activities occurring, from reading to games and resident interactions. It was clear that the residents enjoy living here.

Events and outings scheduled include anything you can imagine from restaurants, to art museums, the library, which our aunt particularly enjoys, to local films and crafts, fine dining and theater. The also host monthly birthday parties for residents at the facility which they encourage friends and family to attend.

The living suites were all a nice size and did not seem cramped. They were also beautifully decorated. We could see that our aunt would be comfortable in any one of them. Each unit had individually controlled temperatures.

The dining areas have many options. From more intimate to communal dining, resident can choose whatever they like in addition to hosing guests in their own spaces. The food choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks offered continually.

In all, this is a lovely facility with caring and attentive staff. All of the residents needs appear to be met easily and efficiently, in a friendly and caring manner.

From The Groves at Tustin

At The Groves at Tustin, life happens according to plan - a comfortable, dynamic, detail-oriented plan. Daily activity is the result of proven practices, systems, standards and an organization that has been refined by experience. You'll notice the calming structure that comes from master planning with your very first visit. Similar to the motivation of our residents, we strive for balance: activity is balanced with quiet spots, fine dining with casual flair, full-service programs with a la carte freedom.

Features of The Groves at Tustin

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• We charge an entry fee

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62