Legend at Tulsa Hills

701 W 71st St South, Tulsa, OK, 74132

Reviews of Legend at Tulsa Hills

Sally36 October 29, 2015

My husband was at Legend at Tulsa Hills, and it was a mistake. They mis-assessed him. The facility was manicured, it was beautiful, and I thought it was like a cruise ship and that my husband would love this place. They said he would be fine in assisted living and that he didn't need the Alzheimer's unit, so he moved into the ALF, and he stayed there 15 days. However, he was not getting care. He was just lost. I was getting there as soon as I could after work, because nobody was taking care of him. It was not good care at all. I'm satisfied now because I finally got to the CEO and they refunded my money, but people just ignored me. I was not pleased with it.

What I like best about this place was how it looked. It was brand new, it was clean, and they had nice amenities. They also had an activities director, although they ignored my husband because they didn't think he was up to par. So if you don't need support, it is a great place to be.

Anonymous110486550 July 04, 2015

Legend at Tulsa Hills was a lovely place. It was very nice and very attractive. The staff was cooperative. The apartments were average in size. The dining area was very nice. It was new, so everything looked good. It was upscale.

Pjmskey February 08, 2015

My mom is a resident at Legends. The first impression was very good but after she moved in last Aug. things didn't continue to work out so well. My sisters and I really had to stay on top of everything before the staff finally got a clue as to how to take care of our mom. Now that she's been there for 6 months things are finally going smoothly. The main issue we have right now is the food. Not exactly healthy eating. My mom's been in the hospital 3 times already for water retention. The nurse and staff are very good though and the activities director is super. I did find out that corporate dictates the menu which I think is rediculous. When the chef made Thanksgiving dinner it was fabulous.

Caring100651050 January 13, 2015

The Legend is brand new and clean, and the people seem nice. The rooms are really thought out well -- the ones they’ve laid out. On the whole, it’s quite nice. The people who lived there were nice. They had a Christmas party that was quite nice, and we participated in that.

tulsamom January 07, 2015

This is a beautiful place that offered several floor plan options for our loved one. It's bright, clean and offers very good food and kind caregivers. That being said, the negatives right now I feel are on the weekends there aren't really any higher level management/staff there and the care level goes down considerably. They are new and have had some growing pains and sometimes I feel they expect your loved one to be much more independent than is first presented by the lovely sales lady. This is not a bad place by any means, I believe there are some really good and caring staff but if you're thinking about moving your loved one here be sure to ask a lot of questions and ask about the additional costs for higher "levels of care" and what that really looks like. Our original costs that were presented to us went up considerably after the "evaluated" our family member. Legend is a nice place but you will need to be involved and stay on top of things, at least a first.

Caring94000350 November 03, 2014

We had an apartment reserved for mother at Legend at Tulsa before her health took a turn for the worse. If her health was better, it would’ve been a very nice place for her. It’s a very nice, brand new facility. I was treated by the staff very warmly, and they’re very caring and were preparing for mom’s arrival there even though she didn’t make it. We had already put our deposit down there when we realized that and when the doctor said that my mom isn’t a candidate for assisted living anymore. They very graciously said notto worry because our deposit will be refunded, and it came very quickly. They had a lot more activities, interests and things, but mother never made it there for us to participate in those. There are nice sitting areas inside, movie rooms, and they had a nice landscaping. I’ve really enjoyed visiting there. They’re very homey, inviting, and very clean.

From Legend at Tulsa Hills

Welcome to Legend at Tulsa Hils

Legend at Tulsa Hils is an assisted living and memory care residence dedicated to providing quality services in a warm, comfortable environment. We offer professional, personalized services designed to enhance the quality of life for those we serve. We remain dedicated to those who entrust their housing and service needs to us.

At Legend at Tulsa Hils we are dedicated to each Residents' independence, choices and dignity.

Visit us for a tour and you'll see how our combination of a warm residential setting along with the caring, helpful staff at Legend at Tulsa Hils is just the right choice for your housing or service needs.

Philosophy of Service

Legend at Tulsa Hils is dedicated to providing the highest standard in quality of service, environment, and care to residents and their families. The foundation of our approach to service is built upon fundamental concepts we believe are important to every resident.

The concepts are central in our approach to quality service and supportive residential environments:
  • Promote the individuality of each resident
  • Offer each resident dignity and respect
  • Foster independence for each resident
  • Support each resident's right to privacy
  • Support the needs of family and friends
  • Provide a supportive residential environment
  • Partner with residents and family in care decisions
  • Offer individual choices in care, services and lifestyle
Tailored Services

At Legend at Tulsa Hils, we recognize that each person has individual needs and preferences. With this in mind, we offer each resident a flexible service combination we call Tailored Services. The combination of the Base Monthly Service and the Tailored Services you choose results in your monthly Tailored Pricing. This unique plan provides you with the most individual personal service in the most cost effective manner.

Base Monthly Service Includes:
  • Spacious apartment
  • Utilities (except phone)
  • Weekly housekeeping & laundry
  • Routine maintenance
  • Three nutritious meals and snacks
  • Life Enrichment activities
  • 24-hour access to staff
  • Licensed nurse on staff
  • Health monitoring by full time professional staff
Tailored Services may include: (but are not limited to)
  • Medication Assistance
  • Specialized diets
  • Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, and other personal care
  • Assistance with ambulation
  • Reflections Memory Care

The Legend Personal Assessment provides for cooperative planning between you and our staff. As your needs or wants change, your Tailored Services can change with you. At Legend, you pay only for the services you need or want.

Enriching Activitie

Life enriching activities come alive at Legend at Tulsa Hils. Residents participate in hobbies, cultural events, educational opportunities, religious activities, and interesting trips, along with the opportunity for new experiences. New friends are made and relationships strengthened by spending enjoyable time together. Special cultural and community events are a highlight on the Legend Life Enrichment calendar.

The Life Enrichment Coordinator and the nurse create The Legend Wellness Program which may include fun exercises, activities, and health education. The Legend Wellness Program is designed to enhance the overall health and well-being of the residents.

Companion Services

You may choose additional personalized support or services through our specialized program call Legend Companions. Legend Companions spend time one-on-one with the resident providing special attention or care such as reading, shopping, letter writing, supervision, and support.

Quality Design Features

Every design feature of the Legend at Tulsa Hils is based on our philosophy of service and our dedication to creating quality environments and service delivery systems for the residents we serve.

Exterior:
  • Elegant home-style architecture
Apartments:
  • 5 distinctive apartment styles
  • Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink, and cabinetry
  • Wall-to-Wall carpeting, except bathrooms
  • Large bathroom with curbless shower
  • Emergency Call System with speaker response
  • Telephone and Television connections
  • Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
  • Basic Cable hook-up
Interior:
  • Personal Care Suite providing health and wellness evaluations and services
  • Therapeutic and relaxing whirlpool spa
  • Elegant dining room
  • Main Street Café for casual dining and snacks
  • Enclosed courtyard / covered porch
  • Common living room, game room, and library
  • Uptown Theater
For your "Peace of Mind":
  • Electronically controlled entrances
  • Fire/smoke and sprinkler systems

Reflections Alzheimer's and Memory Care

Dedication to Service

Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's or other memory impairments is a very personal, loving dedication to service. It requires service for specific and individual needs.

More often, the resident with memory loss needs assistance with life's daily activities including personal care but may not have an acute medical condition requiring around the clock skilled nursing or instruction. Finding that unique combination of physical setting and specialized care is a journey traveled by many families.

The Reflections Program

At Reflections, our trained staff works closely with family members and friends to assemble a "Life History" identifying the personal experiences of each resident's life.

Through the "Life History," we get to know the personality behind the person, fostering a one-to-one association more like "friend to friend" rather than "staff to patient." Details and events from your loved one's past become "shared" memories and experiences serving as a foundation for activities, communication, and the development of friendships built on support, understanding and mutual respect.

Base Monthly Services
  • Laundry Services - personal and linen
  • 24 hour-a-day specially trained staff
  • Three daily meals plus snacks
  • Tailored activities - therapeutic and recreational
  • Full-time Reflections supervisor
  • Individualized service planning
  • Family and community support groups
  • Reflections Program - a personal life history program
Tailored Services
  • Medication Assistance
  • Assistance with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, incontinence management, and other personal services

Location of Legend at Tulsa Hills