The Village at The Woodlands Waterway

2323 Lake Robbins Drive, The Woodlands, TX, 77380

Reviews of The Village at The Woodlands Waterway

Barbara108044950 June 20, 2015

The Village at The Woodlands Waterway was way too pricey, and I was not allowed to have a car, but everything was beautiful there. The staff were very nice. The dining room was very beautiful with very comfortable chairs. You have a menu that you can choose from, and the staff waits on you. They have cards, bingo, a nice computer room, buses for shopping, a church that comes in, and they do your hair; they take care of everything.

Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to post a review of our community. We are delighted that learn the you are pleased with the level of service we offer our residents and especially appreciate the comments regarding our Dining Services and staff. At the Village our residents are allowed to have their cars. Please give me call at 281-292-4600 anytime if you have any question having your car at the community. We work hard every day to deliver the best care to each and every one of our residents.

Robin46 April 30, 2015

The Village is a beautiful residence, the food was really good, and the people that we talked to -- the residents -- were as nice as they could be. It was close to my sister. It was a well run and upbeat place. So far, I’ve been very pleased.

Kathleen49 January 09, 2015

The Village was like a five star hotel. The common areas were elegant, and everything looked clean and inviting.

Caring100112550 January 06, 2015

The Village at the Woodlands Waterway is the newest facility we saw. It is very expensive and very cold. It didn't have much decoration; it made me think of a hospital or an office building. Literally, the only thing that it had going for itself was the balcony that overlooks the waterway. But even the waterway hasn't been completed just yet. There were rooms for activities and that kind of thing. Their craft room was kind of like an employee's lunch break room for a small company. They are much pricier than everyone else. We were not impressed with them at all. They have a nice balcony in some of the apartments. The apartments were really small. There was no space for a washer and dryer. Basically what it had going for it was its location and it being new. They have huge wide halls that you walk down to get to the room. It was twice as wide as you need. The Village didn't feel like home at all.

Diane90480950 July 30, 2014

The Village at the Woodlands Waterway also had balconies. They are like a high-rise, and the only thing they had available overlooked the HEB grocery store and that was not going to work. If you were facing the water, then it would be nice to be there. But the people were very nice.

Charles40 April 12, 2014

I have come across Woodlands Waterway through Caring.com. This was an upscale facility. I like that it was modern. It only started in 2012, so it is really first-class. It is close to The Pavilion. It is also two blocks from a mall, which is one of the best malls in Houston. I noticed that they have shuttle buses for their residents. They were putting on a party the day we came over there, and it was really, really nice. It was fixed up nicely. The rooms were really, really nice. We saw a room that has a 9-foot ceiling and a bathroom. They even have two closets. Also they have a room that was 1050 square feet, and it was the size that I am looking for. The dining room and the food were also first-class.

Leah7 April 12, 2014

I did visit The Village at the Woodlands Waterway, and this is a beautiful facility. It's brand new, but very expensive. It's a high rise building, and I knew my mother would not do well in that type of environment. It felt almost like an institution. The rooms that I saw, some of them were little on the small side, and it would make it difficult for my mother to navigate in the rooms with the power chair. The staff was very nice. When I went there, I only saw one activity going on, but I saw their calendar of events, which looked promising.

Charles36 March 27, 2014

I visited The Village at The Woodlands Waterway. I didn't see the employees, but I talked to the sales manager and the director of the assisted living. They were very informative and well-educated. The rooms were very luxurious and very well made. I had lunch there, and food was very nice. They had all sorts of recreations and computer rooms. They also had a swimming pool.

Neil4 March 18, 2014

The Village is a really nice facility. The place was clean, the people were friendly and it’s in a good location. My father-in-law has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and dementia though, and we were concerned about the high rise building. The staff was very nice and sweet.

caring1685 September 26, 2013

We visited The Village and the place was clean. It was a high-rise building. What we didn't care for is that it seemed very institutional, but I would absolutely recommend this to others.

Sandra21 May 11, 2013

The Village was incredible and immaculately clean. I think they opened up in September 2012, so it was a very new facility. What I liked about it was that they had separate sections for memory care and independent living on the same floor that I thought would be perfect. As well they provided a unit where both of my parents could stay together and my mother would still benefit from the memory care. It had more of an apartment feel that I think my father would like if he was there with her. The staff was extremely informative, and I was very impressed with those that I've met. They had activities that would fit my mother's artistic needs. It's also close to where I live. If my parents ended in the Woodlands, the Village would be my first choice. It had all the elements that both of them would have liked.

Looking for better care for my mom March 20, 2013

The food has gotten bad the past year. The Executive Director is not able to resolve problems to my satisfaction. The shuttle left my mom for 2 hours at the doctors office and Oscar requested that I apologize to the driver rather than the driver apologizing to me.

chrisleanard September 15, 2012

This place is horrible. The head lady Sherry, promises you the whole world and more and provides your mom with nothing. You pay sky high prices and they can not even employ more than 2 caregivers on the whole floor. How can 2 people take care of feeding, medicating, showering and activities for all of our family members. I've never met harder workers at this location. EVERY employee including the kitchen is over worked. When I confronted the corporate location about this matter they said they would investigate and when they got back to me they said that this was not a legal issue. There is neglect because it takes more than two employees to run a floor. I am very disapointed because when I discussed this matter with the location the seemed upset at there care associates for not being able to "tolerate the floor." That was not what I was suggesting at all. I just want my family member to eat on time! She has to wait atleast 30 minutes every meal to get her food because the employees are running around trying to take care of everything. It is not any employees fault is is under staffing problem. I would not suggest this location to anyone. Sorry for the dissapointment.

commercesd June 03, 2012

The Village at the Woodlands Waterway assisted living facility in Texas was one of the places we saw while looking in the region for my brother's friend. The property is in a very convenient location for the family to visit.

The waterfront lifestyle is very appealing and we could see that the residents were quite content in this environment. The forest was a nice backdrop which added to the tranquil and peaceful atmosphere. The facility had more of a resort feel than a senior living facility.

The fitness center had an indoor pool and very well maintained equipment. They also offer daily exercise classes and the residents may safely navigate the lovely, well kept grounds easily each day.

The formal library was quite impressive, with many good books and plenty of comfortable seating. The large living room was also very stately, yet still quaint as what you might find in a nice hotel. There was also a good sized billiards room and a computer center. The convenience store and salon services were also very convenient.

The meal menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. The dining room was quite nice, with plenty of space. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious - like what could be found in an upscale restaurant. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, as well as whenever residents request them.

The safety of the residents is assured with an emergency call system in each private residence. The living spaces were generous, with several different floor plans available. Each unit included kitchens, plenty of closet space, nice sized bedrooms and ample storage space. The high ceilings and granite countertops added lovely touches to each suite. The private spaces also included safety features in the bathrooms.

The many planned activities feature everything from book readings and discussions to the arts, for museums, galleries, film and theater. The residents are taken to many interesting events in the Miami region -- to take advantage of the vast cultural diversity.

This is an extraordinarily well designed, full service senior community with exceptionally attentive staff -- and we could see how anyone would really enjoy living here. Everything one might need was located right there.

L. Jackson, MD May 03, 2012

I toured The Village at the Woodlands Waterway in anticipation of recommending the facility to prospective patients. As a family medicine physcian, I frequently tour facilities to make the best reommendation to my patients. I found the Village at the Woodlands Waterway to be a beautiful, well-maintained facility. I was very impressed with the staff. I was promptly greeted the moment I entered the facility and was given a delightful tour by a very happy nurse who was obviously delighted to work at the Village. One thing that really impressed me was how often she greeted the residents by their name. Unfortunately, I've noticed a disturbing and sad trend of anonymity among residents in assisted-living facilities. Not here. Multiple patients were greeted by Mr. and Ms. several times. The menu and setting of the cafeteria was amazing. It was reminenscent of a casual restarant. Residents had a choice of items and were promptly assisted by the courteous staff. I will recommend the Village at the Woodlands Waterway without hesitation.

From The Village at The Woodlands Waterway

Senior assisted living at The Village at the Woodlands Waterway offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At The Village at the Woodlands Waterway, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in The Woodlands has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At The Village at the Woodlands Waterway, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Located on the beautiful waterway in The Woodlands. Also located on the Trolley Route. Walking distance to restaurants, shopping and movie theater. Lighted walking paths.

Features of The Village at The Woodlands Waterway

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, Indoor parking garage, Pet Area, Guest suites, Outdoor sundeck, W/D in residence

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Social hour

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental