Brookdale Bellevue

4330 Onondaga Boulevard, Syracuse, NY, 13219

Reviews of Brookdale Bellevue

Caring112926950 September 07, 2015

Brookdale Bellevue was very nice and clean. The people were very friendly. The apartments were small but clean. I like the location, and the atmosphere was very friendly.

Marianne17 July 31, 2015

Our overall experience with Brookdale Bellevue (Formerly Emeritus at Bellevue Manor) has been very pleasant. Everyone is very helpful and attentive to my father. He has been there just a couple of months now. The rooms are kept up clean and neat, and there's plenty of room for him. The dining room is nice, and it's plenty of room too. Everyone knows where to sit, and the food is excellent. They have a great monthly schedule. There's always something going on. He really likes the masses because they provide a mass a couple of times a week.

Susan113781450 July 13, 2015

I visited Brookdale Bellevue. The staff was very helpful and informative. They gave me the information that I needed and gave me ideas on what to do. There was an issue of not taking meds, and they gave me an idea on how they went about helping the patients with the importance of taking the meds. They had several levels. The rooms looked like standard rooms. It was small with a queen size bed, and a bathroom attached or in the room. It was almost like a hotel room. It has enough space for a TV.

They had activities all set-up on the wall. I knew she mentioned they went out to the malls and different things. They had bingo, but I didn't really look at the activities scheduled for the month. I walked through their dining room. They had two set-ups -- one for people who were a little bit more independent which was on one side of the building and those who needed a little bit more help could go to the other side. It was basically a large room with round tables. It was set up like a restaurant, and they had their meals from a menu.

Allen8 May 27, 2015

We did visit Emeritus at Bellevue Manor, and the place seemed OK. We had a good tour around the place, and I was happy with the presentation. The staff treated us very well. We saw their rooms, and they looked very good as far as I could tell.

Diane99455450 September 26, 2014

I am a resident of Emeritus. I like the atmosphere and the staff. They are all very happy and nice. The care and services provided are great. The food and the dining area are excellent. They have all kinds of activities and they also have a shuttle.

Caring95172050 September 23, 2014

What impressed me at Emeritus at Bellevue was that they are taking care of the residents well and the people seemed to be happy there. For the price, the room is really adequate. They clean the room once a week and they have three meals a day. They had game and exercise room. The director of the place talked to me as well, and if my dad needs to go a place, I know where it would be.

Caring89442350 July 29, 2014

Emeritus at Bellevue Manor was a decent facility, I guess. We weren't overly impressed, but at that time they would not take Medicaid, so everything stopped. We looked around, and it was fine. The rooms were smaller and kind of closed-in. There were not a lot of places for patients to go socialize or anything. I think, just from a patient's standpoint, they need to offer more activities.

KateK June 04, 2014

My parents were residents of Bellevue Manor for 6 months last year. They thrived under the excellent care there. I had never seen my mother (who has dementia and was in the Memory Care Unit) so happy, healthy, and engaged in many activities. I feel that the staff were her friends, not just staff. As others have posted, the atmosphere at Bellevue Manor was bright and welcoming; the smaller community tends to be friendlier and homier than other residences I have seen. I think that having assisted living and memory care at the same facility is a plus. I am grateful to all who work(ed) there - from the Director to the nurses, aides, office staff, maintenance staff – everyone! Each went above and beyond in their personal caring for my parents. The food was very good, there were always activities, the health care excellent. I thank the Bellevue Manor staff, and all caregivers to the elderly or sick. You are a blessing! I highly recommend Bellevue Manor.

Caring84869550 May 30, 2014

We had taken a tour at Emeritus at Bellevue Manor. The place would have served sufficiently for our mother, had they had an available room, but they didn't have one. The staff were fine. I also happen to know a friend who had her mom there, and she thinks they do a fine job. They do activities all day long.

Catherine11 April 22, 2014

Emeritus was very warm. I was instantly thrilled by the atmosphere in the lobby. The recreational director showed us around. The residents knew her. I was really excited how it was such a lovely, welcoming atmosphere. It was lunchtime, and the food smelled really good. There was nothing that they didn't want to show me. There was no holding back. Certainly if I was able, I would want my parents to be there.

The rooms were great. They were able to show me one resident, and she actually had a cat. It was really cute. So she was happy to show us off the room, and I thought it was great. They have like a Sunday drive or trip where they can just go and take a ride or church once a week. If I could make it happen moneywise, then I would just have them there in a heartbeat. It's safe and friendly. I wouldn't have concerns about anybody's safety or well-being or somebody being neglected or abused.

Nancy76219550 January 28, 2014

We visited Emeritus at Bellevue Manor and my mother ended up living there. We were very happy with the selection. They have an exercise class every morning. They have a devotional thing for the residents. They do cooking, they go shopping, and they go out on day trips. They do a lot of nice things. They have the bingo and the games and the crafts. My mom loves the food, loves the people, and she's very happy.

We trusted what we were told, therfore my Mom Lived here ....unfortunately January 05, 2014

In my experience this place is about profits only, not the residents care / respect / well being. Medicine distribution not on schedule & as a family you need to monitor that any changes in meds actually occur,

The "assistance to meals as needed" - they will, but make it known to the resident that it is an inconvenience. My mother, who had no memory problems became concerned about asking for assistance with getting to meals, or if she felt ill - she would hesitate to use the "call button". This is because she was told many times that maybe you need to go to the "memory care unit" It made my Mother fearful to ask for the help she was entitled to.

Please consider looking into other providers/establishments when considering assisting living for your family member.

The only reason I give it one star, is for the activity director. If I rated her alone - she would get 5 stars. The only bright spot of this facility.

Ross1 July 29, 2013

Fifteen months ago my 84 year old mother was living independently and still driving. She then had an issue with her heart that put her into the hospital for 2 weeks. When she came out of the hospital she had significantly deteriorated and was no longer able to live on her own. We tried two other assisted living facilities before finding the memory care unit at Emeritus at Bellevue Manor (EBM). She has settled in very nicely at EBM. The biggest difference between EBM and the other two facilities is the maturity and attentiveness of the EBM staff. The staff is highly professional and caring, and truly treat the residents with respect and dignity. Also, the EBM is relatively small so that all of the residents and staff are able to get to know each other very quickly. My mother has had a rough year, but in the six months she's been at EBM she has stabilized, gained weight, and is very content. We are very happy with this choice.

MarBuzz September 01, 2012

I was checking this location for my mom. Very clean and bright. Lots of things going on. The marketing person and head nursing supervisor met with me. I was impressed with the facility. I am hesitating because they were very anxious and it is really a way from me.
I read reviews so am a little weary.

caring7032 August 14, 2012

The one thing we're disappointed in that facility is the doctor came in and there were restrictions to what food my mother was given, like the orange limes or the stuff that you really can't eat. You should've known not to eat it and the people there just don't seem to understand and how their nurse come in and said "yeah, yeah" but a few days later it was back to not as being good as it could be.

Mom is fine. She understands what some people are saying and that seems to work all right. Her room is okay. One thing that is really decent with this place, is when I moved her in there, we set up her room exactly how her bedroom was at home including all her furnishings and fixtures, and they had no problem that I put up all kinds of shelves. Then we had to change rooms because she had to go to lock section for memory care.

I basically didn't move everything over there and rehung up the shelves and stuff, and they were fine with it. Cleanliness is poor there though. They don't keep the place cleaned up. We had complaints on and off with them. We talked to them about it. They should improve on cleanliness and about the residents' food.

The food is an issue because sometimes they give people in the memory care section like a whole piece of chicken breast to somebody that's so frail. They can't cut it up and it's a problem. They should prepare foods that are suitable for these people.

From Brookdale Bellevue

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Bellevue