Bristol Court Assisted Living Facility

3479 54th Avenue N., St. Petersburg, FL, 33714

Contact Now

Reviews of Bristol Court Assisted Living Facility

donandmike September 26, 2014

Nice facility. Affordable rates. Care was good. We have no complaints. Centrally located off highway. Would recommend.

WestCoast0 August 02, 2014

Had our family member stay there for respite care (short term care for 2 months).

We went on vacation and needed help!

We received updates about how he was doing while way were away which was nice. Also, they were nice to place him within a short notice.

If we needed him for longer or full time care, we would strongly recommend and probably consider this facility.

zapo0559 May 24, 2014

We had a great experience with this facility upon touring.

When the time is ready, we will move our mother here. We toured other local memory care facilities and chose this one.

We found the technologies available to be nice and not overly complicated (like other nearby facilities)

The staff seems very educated and other resident's said they were enjoying the facility and the care

Good Luck :)

gorays6960 May 24, 2014

I'll keep it simple and sweet.

We are happy with the facility we chose for our friend

She certainly needed a facility - and it is close to Downtown St. Pete (where we live) and easy for us to visit.

The staff is quite nice. The facility was a former nursing home apparently and they did a nice job to update it.

It seems the food is quite nice also and we are happy with how she is treated and respected. The communication is easy and that means a lot to us

sammybats January 10, 2014

Writing a review for Bristol Court Assisted Living

My name is JM

I visited this facility three times over the course of two months in regards to my step-dad.

I was very pleased with the facility and decided to help place him there.

My sister and I are quite pleased with the facility. They accepted him about four months ago and we have seen a positive upswing in his mentation. He is more calm and more outgoing.

Great news. We are pleased with the staff, location, quality of care and food from the facility. Being a caregiver, i understand the difficulties that all facilities have caring for the elderly.

Donmapoping May 08, 2013

I am happy with the facility so far in regard to care for my friend In her 60s.

We trust the facility and the staff are pretty nice to us when we visit. It was hard to make a move to assisted living but we are happy we chose this facility.

jennifer84 May 02, 2013

First, this is a great website and really helped us! We are not local to this area and this site helped.

We visited Bristol Court a few weeks ago. We are still early in the search for a facility for our mother but wanted to begin the search now. Mom has become harder for dad to take care of and my sister and I are out of town (Georgia). It is not manageable anymore to maintain her at home and she needs help with medication but is still pretty independent. We do not want her placed in a nursing home and that was always against her wishes too. This facility came highly rated by another family we know.

We will be moving her in during this coming winter. We were impressed with the staff, cleanliness (smelled nice), and gazebo area. I hope she will spend more time outside and become social! The facility is quite large and had nice activities posted for the residents.

Good luck to you.

bayviews5 January 25, 2013

I toured this facility and before I could place my dad there, he passed away. This was over six months ago, but I am now helping a friend through the same process and encouraged her to tour Bristol Court.

The facility is clean, staff is friendly and seem to know what they are doing. Residents seemed to be happy, engaged and comfortable. The gazebo out back was inviting and large. We spoke with another family who placed their mother at the facility and had very nice things to say as well. We visited a total of six facilities in the area and made a decision on Bristol Courts mainly because of the facility expertise and background.

The administration/administrators who met us seemed to know everything about this process, which was completely new to me and my family at the time. We visited the facility twice (with and without appointments) and were generously offered tours.

I give a lot of credit to the staff and two gentlemen who toured me. Very educated and quite an impact this facility has made. From personal experience, I know that caring for someone with dementia is extremely difficult.

The stereotype about facilities that we had in our minds was wrong. Although it was not meant to be, I will definitely recommend this facility to others. I hope your search leads you all to a safe place. This journey is not easy!

laura14 January 19, 2013

I have just selected Bristol Court to help my mother. I have toured many places in the area. It was very difficult to find a place that could suit my mothers needs as she does have memory issues and will wonder at times. She was in a facility but they could no longer meet her needs.First off I would like to say that Bristol Court has very caring staff and it shows. As we were touring one of the older gentlemen that live their walked up and asked the young man a question which he answered and then he looked at me and said that he,being the young man, was like his family. Many other assisted livings I visited were very cold and residents looked sad. As we walked the halls on my tour many of times resident waved, blew kisses and talked to the young man. Everytime he would stop what he was doing and pay full attention to the patient, other places I visited the staff would ignore the resident and try to please me.. After just a few minutes after walking into bristol court I realized that their focus was on the patients. I knew that this is the type of care I needed for my mom. The food is fresh, the medication is monitored electronic by computers and the administrators are very involved. Room sizes vary from small to large. You can either share a room or private. Huge area for walking outside. I later met with Dr.Shah he made the rest of the admission process very easy. He spent time with me to reassure me that my mother would be well taken care of and explained the steps of admission in a way where I actually understood what I was signing. Amazing facility!

daisy053 January 05, 2013

In our search for a reputable and highly skilled Assisted Living Facility, we moved our dad at Bristol Court.

I personally understand the difficulties in taking care of someone who memory loss. Even though our dad has mild dementia, he does need basic help and reminders with medication and bathing, etc.

With my schedule, it was just impossible to do that. At the same token, I didn't want to put my father into a facility and just have him them. We wanted to visit and interact with him, and make sure he was interacting with others.

Initially, we were very impressed with the facility and more importantly, the staff. The administrator is hands on, returns calls, and is VERY accomplished. We liked the fact that the staff was so educated. If you get a chance to meet them, you will see as well. After some time, the Aide's and other staff have also taken very good care of him and he seems to be getting along great with other residents. The staff seems to know how to help residents effectively. They seem to genuinely care about the residents and their well being.

I can say that we randomly visit, and are very satisfied with the care that is delivered.

Good luck and god bless to all.

clee1 December 12, 2012

This is a very unique facility. It is Assisted Living for Memory Care patients and is a secure facility, meaning that it has secure areas to keep residents from wandering. There is a lovely outside garden they can roam. It is VERY hard to find this kind of facility, and you should definitely take a look at it if you need Memory Care services for someone....The building is an older one but has been updated very well with all new bathrooms, floors, paint, and carpet. The staff is very caring and trained to work with Memory Care residents.

tiramisu094 November 15, 2012

Moved our father into the facility last week.

Absolutely impressed with the quality of care and the fact that they know what they are doing.

Have never seen such respectful staff.

Admission process was very quick and was without an hiccups.

miranda05 November 03, 2012

I moved my dad here last year and he subsequently passed away.

Great facility and nice people. We found the fact that the facility has consistent staff with low turnover. Dad had his favorite aides who knew he concerns and wishes. Dad loved the food, the staff (director and chef were his favorite) Rooms were large, clean when we would visit and the medical team that took care of him was extremely nice all the way through the final days.

rachel5039 October 05, 2012

THE BEST DECISION WE MADE. FINALLY, A FACILITY THAT CARES ABOUT RESIDENTS AND KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

THE DIRECTOR OF THE FACILITY - WHAT A KIND HEARTED, GENUINE PERSON. THE NURSE - CARING. THE ENTIRE TEAM = MADE US FEEL COMFORTABLE. THANK YOU BRISTOL COURT STAFF FOR HELPING US. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU.

pierre August 28, 2012

Moved our family member from out of state. Admissions department came to assess (highly educated staff) Excellent decision. Staff is very friendly, and the visiting physician was highly professional and made us feel very comfortable.

Getting a physician in the other facility my dad hadn't happened until he was in the hospital.

Overall nice facility, near the airport, and clean.

sunshinesandsmiles July 06, 2012

In our opinion, staff and genuine care givers is the most important thing when picking a facility. Every person in the staff, including the Director, who is extremely exceptional and educated, seem genuinely concerned for the well being of the residents.

We decided to place our friend there and after having lived in two other facilities, he has been extremely happy and engaged. We chose a shared room for him, and the rooms are very large. Having two floors is nice so we can finally be in peace knowing he can stay in one place.

Overall: Great facility and very nice staff.

Janice049 May 13, 2012

We went to Bristol Court ALF this weekend for a tour to see a potential room for our mother. Sadly, she is very high functioning still, but does need help with some reminders, and getting her to bathe, shower, brush, etc. We were greeted by the Director of the facility who made arrangements to meet us over the weekend, and we will definitely move her in sometime next week. As mentioned below, the facility smells good, looks clean, and I would feel very comfortable putting my mom there. As hard as this is, i felt as ease a bit because the staff seem caring and were very respectful. By the way, even though she dosen't go out too much, i loved the back yard area! It's so nice to know that she can go outside without me worrying about her safety!! We live quite far away, but heard about this facility from our friends who also have there mother there. A facility that specializes in memory loss is not near by to us, and I would not feel comfortable having here in a "memory unit"

God Bless you all!

Janice

CptPat May 09, 2012

I went to this facility with very high expectations. It is a very nice place. There are no "outings" and their was no private dining area. The rooms are very spacious though. The staff is pleasant and the ratio of staff to patient is decent. Everyone looked very neat and there was no foul odor as some of the other facilities I toured. I did end up putting my mother here and it has been a good experience thus far. The sales pitch was very far fetched but I know my mother is safe and being cared for.

richardt949 May 07, 2012

We (My Husband And I) visited this facility last month. We were looking for a facility for my dad, who has Dementia and some memory loss.

We were so impressed with the facility and the staff that we decided to move him in immediately. I don't know of many facilities that have physicians coming there! In fact, we went to a few other's to visit and the other residents mentioned that they haven't even seen their doctor (just the nurse practitioner or PA)

We like the fact that Bristol Court is very home like and clean! We visit him regularly and have been very impressed.

We made a great decision to move him here, and thank the facility for the excellent job they do with memory care patients! I'm sure it is hard for them as well!

Best wishes with your family too!

commercesd May 03, 2012

While in St. Petersburg, we decided to stop in and see the Bristol Court Assisted Living Facility as a possible option for my friend's mother.

They were very accommodating, despite our lack of appointment. The grounds around the main door were nicely kept, with flower beds and nicely manicured grass. The interior was inviting and we could smell fresh flowers.

The communal areas were nicely designed with easy to access furniture and a comforting decor. There were plenty of nice areas for quiet time as well as socializing with other residents and friends, family and other visitors.

The seniors appeared to be very active - but they can accommodate all levels of ambulation.

The residents go on trips to visit the many recreational hubs such as art galleries and museums, eateries and other cultural events, like festivals and fairs.

The residents are encouraged to enjoy physical activity as much as possible. They may take exercise classes such as yoga and aerobics, or use the weight training and other equipment. They may also enjoy the outer walk ways around the building and courtyard.

The private rooms were all clean, well-kept and conveniently designed. They take the time to personalize to each resident's tastes.

The dining areas were nicely designed and warm. Residents may choose communal dining or more private situations. There are places for them to visit with families, as well. The food looked deliciously prepared, as well as nutritious. The dietician and chef changes up the menu to keep it interesting and encourage resident to make suggestions.

Seniors all appeared to be very well taken care of by exceptionally nice and able staff.

From Bristol Court Assisted Living Facility

Bristol Court is a fully licensed Assisted Living Facility, Located in St. Petersburg, Florida. Licensed for 115 beds, we cater to residents who require assistance with their daily living. Residents in our facility may need some assistance or have memory loss due to normal aging, Alzheimer’s Disease, or other forms of dementia. Our entire facility was specially designed by health care experts, and was built to focus on safety and security, while promoting maximum independence.

The entire facility, as well as the outdoor gazebo, is secured and monitored. This is to help keep residents from the potential of wandering and elopement while comforting them in a homelike environment. Each member of our staff is each trained and continuously educated in care-giving techniques regarding memory loss.

Our skilled and professional team is dedicated to provide you or your loved one with exceptional care, attention and sensitivity in all situations.

With a full-time activities director we strive to have our residents maintain their dignity, privacy and independence, while stimulating them with a variety of enriching daily activities and programs to help them stay physically active, mentally alert, and socially engaged.

Features of Bristol Court Assisted Living Facility