Brookdale Sauk Rapids

1325 Summit Avenue North, Sauk Rapids, MN, 56379

Reviews of Brookdale Sauk Rapids

Nancy96293250 November 11, 2014

Sterling House was very nice; you could tell it had been built in the last 10-12 years and had extra touches to make it very homey and beautiful. I think they had a fireplace and very much like a home, it was smaller, and the staff was very warm and caring. They bend over backwards to make it home for these people. Their rooms were very nice. They had a kitchen activity area that was in the middle of the home, and that was available for everyone.

Caring65501350 May 20, 2014

Sterling House seemed smaller. It didn't seem like there were more open areas for them to be, except for the eating area. On the games, it seemed like they get a lot of computer stuff. My mom talked well about stuff that they get on the computer. That's what threw me off, where it wasn't more hands-on togetherness of board games or different things. Otherwise, it was very clean, nice patios. It just was the closed-in feeling to me when we went walking around. It was a nice facility. The staff was nice. I liked it when they were having dinner, and how they were handling people for the time I was there.

Crystal4 April 22, 2014

The people who work at Sterling House of Sauk Rapids were very communicative. They told us everything we needed to know, and they seemed to be able to answer every question. They are very friendly. The facility itself was nice, but it wasn’t exactly we looking for because at the time we had a pet, and we couldn’t have it there.

Brenda16 July 24, 2013

Mom is doing very well in Sterling House. They're very nice people, they made you feel at home, they were warm, caring and helped us through a lot. She enjoys the food there.

lynmohs64 August 21, 2012

My Father, Lou, was a resident there for a little more than 2 months. He had the best care out of everywhere he went(2 other places in the area). Because this facility is a smaller place, he was given the personable attention he deserved. I will never forget how the staff had so many compliments to him, how he was always chipper, but that showed, he was being treated good! He got to know the staff by name and alot of the residents also. He was happy here and felt very safe! The staff treated him like family. Taking time to care and listen. And to find a place like this, is so much stress off the family, as I was his care-giver for almost two years prior. Thank you to the whole staff(sorry this took sooo long, just found this site)!

From Brookdale Sauk Rapids

Brookdale Sauk Rapids provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Sauk Rapids

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: We lock the doors at dusk and staff are present to assist residents 24/7

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: 3 meals provided daily. Residents can request room service

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Staff patient ratio: 8 to 1
  • Minimum age: 60

• Licenses: MN

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid