Brookdale Sauk Rapids

America's Highest Rated Communities

Reviews of Brookdale Sauk Rapids

Average Rating:
Crystal4 April 22, 2014

The people who work at Sterling House of Sauk Rapids were very communicative. They told us everything we needed to know, and they seemed to be able to answer every question. They are very friendly. The facility itself was nice, but it wasn’t exactly we looking for because at the time we had a pet, and we couldn’t have it there.

Brenda16 July 24, 2013

Mom is doing very well in Sterling House. They're very nice people, they made you feel at home, they were warm, caring and helped us through a lot. She enjoys the food there.

Family of resident February 22, 2013

Very pleased with the care that is being given to a loved one at Sterling House. Very caring caregivers and staff. A very friendly small, home type atmosphere, open doors help resident feel a part of the community.

Jane14 February 22, 2013

Our family member is receiving very good care We know she is safe and being cared for by very caring staff her needs are met every day and we love all the staff

lynmohs64 August 21, 2012

My Father, Lou, was a resident there for a little more than 2 months. He had the best care out of everywhere he went(2 other places in the area). Because this facility is a smaller place, he was given the personable attention he deserved. I will never forget how the staff had so many compliments to him, how he was always chipper, but that showed, he was being treated good! He got to know the staff by name and alot of the residents also. He was happy here and felt very safe! The staff treated him like family. Taking time to care and listen. And to find a place like this, is so much stress off the family, as I was his care-giver for almost two years prior. Thank you to the whole staff(sorry this took sooo long, just found this site)!

Bajachimmy June 26, 2012

The Sterling House of Sauk Rapids was a perfect match for both of my aging parents! My mother's health was rapidly declining and my father could no longer take care of her. The Sterling House is located in a residential neighborhood and houses only 20 residents. The facility has a very comfortable living arrangement with each resident having a private room and bathroom. There are two lovely sitting rooms and a beautiful outdoor patio as well as a nice outdoor sitting area at the front entrance. The main hub of the facility is the dining area where all meals are home cooked and served to the residents. There are multiple activities held during the day and evening hours.The Sterling House is very welcoming and family is encouraged to visit 24/7. The best chacterisitc of the Sterling House is the employees. They are the best! Words can not express the care and compassion they showed for my mother, may father (who eventually moved into the facility) and my family. Both of my parents have now passed away and they spent their final days at the Sterling House instead of in a hospital. The staff did everything possible to provide my parents with excellent care and comforts during their last days on earth. I truely miss going there as I feel these wonderful people became a part of my family.

From Brookdale Sauk Rapids

Brookdale Sauk Rapids provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Sauk Rapids

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: We lock the doors at dusk and staff are present to assist residents 24/7

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: 3 meals provided daily. Residents can request room service

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Staff patient ratio: 8 to 1
  • Minimum age: 60

• Licenses: MN

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid