Del Obispo Terrace

32200 Del Obispo Street, San Juan Capistrano, CA, 92675

Reviews of Del Obispo Terrace

Dan731268 September 30, 2016

We had a very favorable impression with Del Obispo Terrace; the place was nice, and it was very clean. The rooms were of good size, they looked like they had good programs, and it’s something worth looking into. We liked the way the place was laid out because there were separate entertainment areas, TV area, and rooms where they can play cards. There were really nice garden areas outside, where people can go and sit on a nice day and have coffee. The staff from Sales was very informative and proactive.

Henry636317 September 03, 2016

Del Obispo Terrace's rooms were nice-sized. I liked that they had little cottages. They were only 450 square feet, but the layout was good. The cottages had nice patio balconies. The negative was that the food was awful. I liked the location.

Dear Henry636317, Thank you for your nice comments regarding our cottage apartments and great location. We are also pleased you liked our patio areas. It sounds like we may have fallen short in your expectations for food on the day you visited. Please come back and see us again as we would love another opportunity for Del Obispo Terrace to serve you a great meal. Our goal is for every Guest and Resident to enjoy our meals and dining services program. We will share your feedback with our team, and thank you again for the review.

Serena132486 August 18, 2016

Del Obispo would be my second choice. It was very clean and very nice, and the people were very nice. It was a smaller place with fine food and a bunch of activities. The rooms were decent, a little bit older, and could use an update, but they were still nice.

Dear Serena132486, Thank you for your nice comments regarding our cleanliness and fine food. We are very happy you enjoyed our dining program and activities, and also felt the friendliness of our Community team. We will be sure and share your feedback with our team who takes pride in their work. Our goal is for every Resident and guest to feel at home and welcome and it sounds like we met your expectations in these areas. Please come back and see us again as we would love another opportunity to make Del Obispo Terrace your first choice in senior living.

John125633 July 08, 2016

I would say Del Obispo Terrace certainly wasn’t anything new and modern. The activities at the time weren’t as highly attended as you would hope. There were lots of folks that were just hanging out or taking a nap and there wasn’t a lot of energy. Everything was clean and nice, but I think that the facility itself needs a makeover.

DawnGTMZC May 11, 2016

We visited Del Obispo Terrace; it was the cheapest one. The rooms themselves were well kept up every time a resident moved in or out, but I think their common areas need to be updated.

Dear DawnGTMZC, Thank you for taking the time to review our Community. We are so pleased with your 5 star rating and appreciate your positive comments regarding the upkeep of our apartments. We will be sure to share with our team who will be pleased with the recognition as well. As you mention, Del Obispo Terrace is not one of the more modern communities in the area. We are scheduled to receive updates in the near future, however, our goal is also to continue to keep the community comfortable and unique which has appealed to our resident population who make Del Obispo their home. Thank you again for the review!

Kathryn13 August 31, 2015

I went to Del Obispo Terrace, and the facility was very nice and clean. The place is exceptional. The staff was very friendly. The price was very reasonable also for the facility.

private234 December 15, 2013

Fine in most ways but they sometimes lack in a reliable driver who can take people on outings. .

Kelly7 July 12, 2013

It seems my mom is very happy at Del Obispo Terrace Senior Living. She is happy with the room and the help and the people there are very kind. The staff is working good and by my mom's level of happiness and care I can say that the staff is also very good to her. The food is good but not excellent. Their dining room is spacious. Overall what I like about this facility is it's atmosphere, it is very relaxed and friendly. I think this facility is suitable for someone who is looking for a more relaxed setting; however, they could improve on food a little bit better.

Richard24 May 31, 2013

Del Obispo Terrace is probably 30 years old. But it is well-kept, clean, and well-staffed. The tenants seemed happy and content. Each room was separate and they have about three or four different sizes. The thing I liked best was that the rooms were mostly on the lower level, and they are spacious and clean. The place is close to where I live, so I could see mom several times a week if I needed to. The dining room and all the other facilities were just fine. There are no problems whatsoever.

Carol30 April 30, 2013

Del Obispo seems fine. She's only been there one day. But the primary reason for picking this place was the price.

nohlranch September 11, 2012

This is a good facility. They gave my grandmother a choice between a studio and a one bedroom. We chose to do the one bedroom because gradma likes to host guests but she also sometimes wants privacy. The apartment comes furnished; it already has couches, tables, beds, etc. Each room also has an emergency button, in case something happens and grandma needs immediate assistance. Otherwise, there are certain times during the day when someone will come help grandma do the chores - take her medication, dress, clean the house, etc. If grandma wants to do something in a group, she can always sign up for group activities. They have a few exercise classes (i.e. yoga) and residents are sometimes taken out of the facility for excursions by the seaside. There are also open pathways and benches in the common area so that she can talk to a few of the other residents in an informal, fun way. When grandma is hungry, she can either go to her place and cook in the kitchenette or she can go to the dining hall, where meals are served three times a day. For about $2600 a month, grandma is in a place where she feels happy and we feel she is safe. Overall, I would recommend it highly!

SoCal Relative June 30, 2012

The facilities were nice and well kept, both inside and out. My grandfather had sufficient space in his living quarters. He seemed to be enjoying the home and was friends with several of the other residents. The staff was friendly to me and the other relatives that were there with me and my grandfather didn't have any complaints that he voiced. The facility seemed a little on the expensive side to me, but I suppose it is worth it. The last thing you want is a lackluster nursing home or assisted living facility and this didn't seem to be that in any way. I would recommend this place to others to at least look in to. While I am not an expert on assisted living care facilities, this one did not seem to be lacking. I felt comfortable with my relative living there and he seemed to be comfortable as well.

From Del Obispo Terrace

Quality, compassionate independent living, assisted living and respite care services for seniors in beautiful, historic San Juan Capistrano, CA. Nestled next to the Armstrong Gardens' growing fields, Del Obispo Terrace offers a rural environment with generous grounds including a beautiful promenade and rose garden. Life at Del Obispo Terrace offers freedom from household chores, including housekeeping and laundry. Dine restaurant-style in our dining room three times a day and choose from an extensive menu of freshly cooked meals. Enjoy transportation in our van to your doctor appointments, shopping, banking, and various other community activities. Our goal is to support each individual, while providing opportunities for meaningful day-to-day living.

We are a homelike environment encouraging residents to be as independent as possible yet providing assistance when needed.

Features of Del Obispo Terrace

• Hospice care

• Housing extra: Cottages
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65