Del Obispo Terrace

32200 Del Obispo Street, San Juan Capistrano, CA, 92675

Reviews of Del Obispo Terrace

November 13, 2016

By Audrey9

I thought Del Obispo Terrace was a little overpriced for the place. When you walk in, it smelled like moisture in an old building, and the place is older compared to other places that I looked at. The one room that I looked at -- which was on the 1st floor -- felt like Mom would not have enough space there. It didn't look like it was a gated community. At the back patio, there was a wall which was maybe 4 feet high, so it looked like anybody can just climb over the wall. My issues were the security, the moisture smell, andsmall size of the rooms. The lady who showed me around was very nice.

Dear Audrey9, Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We were sorry to see your comments as our Residents consistently tell us how much they enjoy our Community and especially the outdoor patio areas and lovely grounds. We are also known for our great transportation service, busy life enrichment program and focus on customer service. We have a variety of floor plan options, some apartments are larger than others. Our Cottage apartments feature the largest amount of space. We hope that you will come back for another visit. We welcome the chance to serve you. Thanks again!

November 05, 2016

By Wendy784315

I thought Del Obispo Terrace was kind of depressing. I think I am not ready for that kind of living yet. I fell and broke my hips, and I’ve just been going downhill ever since, so I went and checked this place out and everything. The staff people were just lovely, and they were very nice people, but it was just depressing. It was well-kept and everything, but very dark. I toured the grounds, and everything just seemed to be dying and weedy looking where it could be just beautiful if they could water more.

Dear Wendy784315 Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your broken hip and hope that you are doing better. We often hear how kind and supportive our team members are, and we’re pleased to see your feedback regarding our lovely staff. Our goal is to bring care to Residents as needed, instead of Residents having to make a move when care is needed. We also have many social and active residents who enjoy a variety of life enrichment programs daily. Our Resident population is a good blend of seniors who live independently, as well as Residents who benefit from the support of assisted living. The limited ability to water plants definitely affected some of our landscaping, however, our Residents are still enjoying the grounds and like to be able get out and enjoy the patio areas. Thank you again for your review. We hope you come back and see us again.

October 13, 2016

By Ann024554

Del Obispo Terrace was more expensive, and I didn’t get a good feeling. The place is close to my daughter, and the rooms were fine. The staff was very nice. I believe they have a sitting arrangement in the dining area.

Dear Ann024554, Thank you for your review and nice comments regarding our staff. We often hear how friendly, warm and welcoming are Community is for Residents, family members and guests. Our dining program offers open seating, however, as is true with many senior Communities, Residents tend to have a favorite area to sit, and/or sit in the same place often. We hope that you will come back and visit and perhaps join us for a meal in our dining room or join us for an activity or outing. Thanks again for taking the time to post a review.

September 30, 2016

By Dan731268

We had a very favorable impression with Del Obispo Terrace; the place was nice, and it was very clean. The rooms were of good size, they looked like they had good programs, and it’s something worth looking into. We liked the way the place was laid out because there were separate entertainment areas, TV area, and rooms where they can play cards. There were really nice garden areas outside, where people can go and sit on a nice day and have coffee. The staff from Sales was very informative and proactive.

Dear Dan731268, Thank you very much for your 5 star review! We appreciate it and hope Del Obispo Terrace is where you or your loved one decide to move.

September 03, 2016

By Henry636317

Del Obispo Terrace's rooms were nice-sized. I liked that they had little cottages. They were only 450 square feet, but the layout was good. The cottages had nice patio balconies. The negative was that the food was awful. I liked the location.
Dear Henry636317, Thank you for your nice comments regarding our cottage apartments and great location. We are also pleased you liked our patio areas. It sounds like we may have fallen short in your expectations for food on the day you visited. Please come back and see us again as we would love another opportunity for Del Obispo Terrace to serve you a great meal. Our goal is for every Guest and Resident to enjoy our meals and dining services program. We will share your feedback with our team, and thank you again for the review.

August 18, 2016

By Serena132486

Del Obispo would be my second choice. It was very clean and very nice, and the people were very nice. It was a smaller place with fine food and a bunch of activities. The rooms were decent, a little bit older, and could use an update, but they were still nice.
Dear Serena132486, Thank you for your nice comments regarding our cleanliness and fine food. We are very happy you enjoyed our dining program and activities, and also felt the friendliness of our Community team. We will be sure and share your feedback with our team who takes pride in their work. Our goal is for every Resident and guest to feel at home and welcome and it sounds like we met your expectations in these areas. Please come back and see us again as we would love another opportunity to make Del Obispo Terrace your first choice in senior living.

July 08, 2016

By John125633

I would say Del Obispo Terrace certainly wasn’t anything new and modern. The activities at the time weren’t as highly attended as you would hope. There were lots of folks that were just hanging out or taking a nap and there wasn’t a lot of energy. Everything was clean and nice, but I think that the facility itself needs a makeover.

May 11, 2016

By DawnGTMZC

We visited Del Obispo Terrace; it was the cheapest one. The rooms themselves were well kept up every time a resident moved in or out, but I think their common areas need to be updated.

Dear DawnGTMZC, Thank you for taking the time to review our Community. We are so pleased with your 5 star rating and appreciate your positive comments regarding the upkeep of our apartments. We will be sure to share with our team who will be pleased with the recognition as well. As you mention, Del Obispo Terrace is not one of the more modern communities in the area. We are scheduled to receive updates in the near future, however, our goal is also to continue to keep the community comfortable and unique which has appealed to our resident population who make Del Obispo their home. Thank you again for the review!

August 31, 2015

By Kathryn13

I went to Del Obispo Terrace, and the facility was very nice and clean. The place is exceptional. The staff was very friendly. The price was very reasonable also for the facility.

December 15, 2013

By private234

Fine in most ways but they sometimes lack in a reliable driver who can take people on outings. .

July 12, 2013

By Kelly7

It seems my mom is very happy at Del Obispo Terrace Senior Living. She is happy with the room and the help and the people there are very kind. The staff is working good and by my mom's level of happiness and care I can say that the staff is also very good to her. The food is good but not excellent. Their dining room is spacious. Overall what I like about this facility is it's atmosphere, it is very relaxed and friendly. I think this facility is suitable for someone who is looking for a more relaxed setting; however, they could improve on food a little bit better.

May 31, 2013

By Richard24

Del Obispo Terrace is probably 30 years old. But it is well-kept, clean, and well-staffed. The tenants seemed happy and content. Each room was separate and they have about three or four different sizes. The thing I liked best was that the rooms were mostly on the lower level, and they are spacious and clean. The place is close to where I live, so I could see mom several times a week if I needed to. The dining room and all the other facilities were just fine. There are no problems whatsoever.

April 30, 2013

By Carol30

Del Obispo seems fine. She's only been there one day. But the primary reason for picking this place was the price.

September 11, 2012

By nohlranch

This is a good facility. They gave my grandmother a choice between a studio and a one bedroom. We chose to do the one bedroom because gradma likes to host guests but she also sometimes wants privacy. The apartment comes furnished; it already has couches, tables, beds, etc. Each room also has an emergency button, in case something happens and grandma needs immediate assistance. Otherwise, there are certain times during the day when someone will come help grandma do the chores - take her medication, dress, clean the house, etc. If grandma wants to do something in a group, she can always sign up for group activities. They have a few exercise classes (i.e. yoga) and residents are sometimes taken out of the facility for excursions by the seaside. There are also open pathways and benches in the common area so that she can talk to a few of the other residents in an informal, fun way. When grandma is hungry, she can either go to her place and cook in the kitchenette or she can go to the dining hall, where meals are served three times a day. For about $2600 a month, grandma is in a place where she feels happy and we feel she is safe. Overall, I would recommend it highly!

June 30, 2012

By SoCal Relative

The facilities were nice and well kept, both inside and out. My grandfather had sufficient space in his living quarters. He seemed to be enjoying the home and was friends with several of the other residents. The staff was friendly to me and the other relatives that were there with me and my grandfather didn't have any complaints that he voiced. The facility seemed a little on the expensive side to me, but I suppose it is worth it. The last thing you want is a lackluster nursing home or assisted living facility and this didn't seem to be that in any way. I would recommend this place to others to at least look in to. While I am not an expert on assisted living care facilities, this one did not seem to be lacking. I felt comfortable with my relative living there and he seemed to be comfortable as well.

Photos of Del Obispo Terrace

Services & Amenities of Del Obispo Terrace

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Housing Extra: Cottages

About Del Obispo Terrace

Quality, compassionate independent living, assisted living and respite care services for seniors in beautiful, historic San Juan Capistrano, CA. Nestled next to the Armstrong Gardens' growing fields, Del Obispo Terrace offers a rural environment with generous grounds including a beautiful promenade and rose garden. Life at Del Obispo Terrace offers freedom from household chores, including housekeeping and laundry. Dine restaurant-style in our dining room three times a day and choose from an extensive menu of freshly cooked meals. Enjoy transportation in our van to your doctor appointments, shopping, banking, and various other community activities. Our goal is to support each individual, while providing opportunities for meaningful day-to-day living.

We are a homelike environment encouraging residents to be as independent as possible yet providing assistance when needed.

Map of Del Obispo Terrace