The Palms of Punta Gorda

2295 Shreve St., Punta Gorda, FL, 33950

Reviews of The Palms of Punta Gorda

Leo5 February 26, 2016

I lived in The Palms since September 1st. The place is super clean, the personnel is very attentive, cooperative, and the facility is reasonably known. I have a private room; which is well-decorated, and furnished. They have transportation for doctor’s appointment. Bingo is the big thing, the food is good, and the dining room is like a restaurant for a table of six.

Maria115208050 November 30, 2015

The Palms was okay. They had a wide variety of activities, but I wasn’t happy about the sizes of the rooms. The staff was good and answered all my questions. It was not what I was looking for, and the privacy issue for two people sharing a room could be improved.

Theresa36 October 28, 2015

The Palms of Punta Gorda was pricey. It was a lot more expensive than the other ones we looked at, but it was very nice and very clean. The room was a little bit bigger than the other facility, but it didn't have a nice view. They had more activities than the other facility. The admission people were very helpful. The staff that I met was very kind. They couldn't do enough for you. They offered everything.

amzng June 11, 2014

The new building is beautiful and elegant throughout. From the grand entrance to fine restaurant dining room and beautiful artwork, residents have their own apartments with garden and courtyard views. All rooms are large and can accomodate 1 or 2 residents plus furniture easily and has Double closets, en suite bath, and numerous amenity areas such as courtyards, screened outdoor porches, a reading room, wireless security and care associate call devices and many other features. The new building compliments the original, remodeled building which has been which offers memory care and various levels of care if needed without having to relocate.

jmtperry0109 October 06, 2012

I have been very pleased with this facility and there staff. They have Private Rooms with emergency call systems and Cable TV. There home cooked meals and snacks are planned and supervised by a registered dietitian. They have individual care planning including basic/advanced nursing and medication support. They also have an events planner that keeps the residents very busy. They offer many activities designed to enhance memory and promote socialization. Such as Bingo, Non Alcoholic Happy Hour, Wii Games, Animal Visits, etc. The environment is very inviting and homelike making the guests feel at home. I can honestly say that it is a excellent facility and the staff is very nice. I have seen a huge change in my grandpa since he has been living there. He has friends and fun. He smiles a lot more than he used to. Most important he is much more healthy. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking for a safe and happy home for there loved ones. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Tira October 19, 2008

Lousy food.

Nice staff. Clean facility. Terrible food - nothing fresh, mainly canned and frozen cheap food. Very basic facility, decent enough, but cheaply run. No transportation provided for outings, very few actitivies.

From The Palms of Punta Gorda

The Palms of Punta Gorda is located on the shores of Charlotte Harbor in Southwest Florida, Punta Gorda a desired destination for visitors, residences and businesses.

The Palms offers affordable Assisted Living and Memory Care options with various Service packages available to meet your every need. Our Resident Centered approach was created to provide a carefully planned, thoughtfully considered, and lovingly administered approach that provides individual and specialized care. Our program provides for the complete care of our residents while promoting participation in both mental and physical exercises to engage the mind, body, heart and soul. To join The Palms of Punta Gorda family, contact us today and allow us to exceed your expectations.

Assisted Living at The Palms of Punta Gorda

At The Palms in Punta Gorda, Florida we strive to foster an atmosphere of dignity, independence, purpose and activity for our residents. The highly trained caregivers at Senior Solutions Management specialize in all-inclusive, highly personalized attention for every person in our care.

Simply put, we promise the quality of life experience at the The Palms will be second only to your own home. The entire staff at The Palms of Punta Gorda is available 24 hours a day to attend to the needs of the one you love. Please visit us and see for yourself why our generous, comforting and active lifestyle provided your family at The Palms.

Our Amenities and Services:

• Large private & companion-style suites
  • Customized personal care assistance
  • In-house state-of-the-art pharmacy & medication management program
  • Three restaurant style home-cooked meals
  • Housekeeping, personal laundry & linen service
  • Utilities included (except telephone & cable)
  • Emergency response system
  • On-site beauty & barber salon
  • Local transportation to medical appointments
  • Scheduled outings & social events
  • Planned monthly activity / social calendar
  • Wellness programs
  • Full-time maintenance staff
  • Guest room accommodations (based on availability)
  • Short-term respite care
  • Adult day care
  • On-site physician & nursing oversight
  • Access to additional on-site services such as therapy & podiatry

Memory Care at The Palms of Punta Gorda

The Retreat at the Palms in Punta Gorda, Florida is our special Memory Care program. We offer a bright, inviting and secure environment that includes a large outdoor garden area. Our trained, understanding and loving staff will use a compassionate approach with residents. We strive to foster an atmosphere of dignity, independence, purpose and activity for our residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia. We maintain a higher care staff-to-resident ratio in order to attend to the individual personal needs of each of our residents.

Thank you for visiting our website please give us a call and I will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

Features of The Palms of Punta Gorda

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Doors secured 24 hours

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $2,950/month

• Pets: No pets allowed
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 8469