Cedar Crest

1 Cedar Crest Village Drive, Pompton Plains, NJ, 07444

Reviews of Cedar Crest

Caring83961750 May 20, 2014

Cedar Crest was recommended to us because we knew other people who had been there. We didn't like it at all because it was way too big. It was very costly, and we had to pay extra for someone to come and help us. I thought the girl who interviewed us couldn't be bothered. We were very disappointed with the way she handled us and my uncle. She was very condescending to him. She just dismissed his questions and talked to us like he wasn't there. We were not very impressed with her.

Dylan07512 November 07, 2012

I was quiet impressed upon our family visit to the Cedar Crest Village in Pompton Plains, NJ. The apartments are extremely large with full view from the apartment windows with great sun light. The facility is extremely large and requires careful review of signs to navigate the area. According to the resident , when she fell, she was able to call for immediate help, and her medical team is on site. She enjoys the recreation rooms, the great meals and the beauty spa that is open to all residents. The facility seems like a self-containing village and was extremely clean. The meal was delightful although very expensive in my opinion.

Cnfla July 06, 2012

My family member was a patient there. Overall, the facility is clean and well kept and the patients were generally well cared for. The rooms are spacious and private. The quality of food was good, however special dietary needs for those with diabetes or low salt diet orders were never kept up (at least not when I was there). The staff were all extremely nice and cared very much for the patients, however we did have one incident with theft from a staff member that was never resolved. The vast majority of patients in this facility have some form of dementia. So while there are plenty of social activities, there are few patients with it enough for real socialization. For people that are loners this is a pleasant facility, however for someone more social their needs would not be met.

mmccan04 July 06, 2012

This partciular assisted living provider, though I am unfamiliar with many others, is all my family and my grandmother could ever ask for. There are so many friendly staff members as well as welcoming residents that have made my grandmother's transition seamless. I was especially impressed with the dining set-up and the movie theater. I have yet to find something with the facility that I do not like and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a safe and lively home for their loved one to move into. My grandmother has more friends than she has ever had, and is involved with more enriching activities than I could have even thought of. Cedar Crest in Pompton Plains is an outstanding living facility for elderly people.

des512 June 30, 2012

I rated these facilities 4 out of 5 stars. I was pleasantly surprised with the Renaissance Gardens facility, as this was the first assisted living home I had ever visited. I was imagining a dreary, worn down place, but in fact it was vibrant and cheerful. The area was wonderful, with a good clean feeling about the place. The staff were pleasant and talked to my grandmother using her first name, which I (and she!) thought was friendly and inviting. I personally did not eat anything while I was there, but my grandma assures me that the food is quite tasty! What I thought was best about Renaissance Gardens was that my grandma seemed to enjoy it greatly. She introduced me to some friends she made, they meet and chat, as well as play bridge. Bridge is one of my grandma's favorite games and I am pleased to see that she can enjoy herself to the fullest at Renaissance Gardens. I would recommend these facilities to anyone looking for an assisted living facility.

Laura F1 June 23, 2012

Instead of my getting an apartment and then in a few years needing to move again I decided to move to a 3 tier independent living to nursing home facility. This way I can still have all of the space I need now that I am fully functional and as I age I can move into the assisted living and nursing home end of the facility. I am very happy with this facility. I am so happy that I moved here.

creakyhinges April 14, 2012

The Cedar Crest Assisted Living facility is connected to a senior living complex of independently living residents. It is extremely convenient for those couples that are living independently and then have one person need more support. It is a nice looking facility too. It did not have lingering unpleasant smells.

From Cedar Crest

North Jersey assisted living residents at Renaissance Gardens enjoy the comfort and dignity of a private apartment, where you or your loved one can feel safe, secure and independent.

You're welcome to bring your favorite furniture and decorate your apartment any way you choose. Unlike other North Jersey assisted living providers, Renaissance Gardens keeps you in control of your life.

Our assisted living program is ideal for those in generally good health, but who need extra assistance with the tasks of daily living, like meal preparation and medication management. Plus, our North Jersey assisted living residents enjoy all the benefits of the greater Cedar Crest campus, including hundreds of activities and amenities.

Location of Cedar Crest