Sunrise at Montgomery Village

19310 Club House Road, Montgomery Village, MD, 20886

Reviews of Sunrise at Montgomery Village

Caring Visitor124163150 May 11, 2016

I went to Sunrise and I think the population may be older than my husband and also it was not a locked community and he really can't go out on his own because he has cognitive damage from a stroke, bu they did say that it was secure. I talked to the manager and he was extremely helpful. They have small studio apartments but they're nice; they have a kitchen. It was sunny. They have outings, they take them places. They also have performers. They have regular housekeeping so they keep the place very clean.

Jennifer L1 November 30, 2015

My grandmother is at Sunrise at Montgomery Village. We really like the community so far. It's just that her needs have changed slightly. She was originally under independent living, and now she has moved to assisted living. They're putting in a new memory care wing, which looks really nice. They do have dining rooms for all the assisted living on every single floor, which is really nice, so that it's not everybody trying to scramble for one dining room. The only problem that we have is they only have two elevators and they run kind of slow, so sometimes you can be standing there waiting for an elevator for 6 to 10 minutes. The food is really good, and the staff is really nice.

Caring100421550 January 25, 2015

We moved my mother to Sunrise at Montgomery Village. It used to be a condo, so it doesn't look like a normal Sunrise place. It looks like an apartment building, but it's actually for the better because the rooms are bigger. When you walk in, there is a good sized living room with a nice window and a small kitchen. It's a decent sized bedroom, and there is plenty of storage area. The bathroom is OK -- nothing special. The staff seemed to be pretty friendly. I am familiar with them because my mother-in-law was in there years ago. They have discussion groups, and they take people places. They have a bus that takes them to the library and shopping. I am very satisfied with it. They get three meals a day; I did have one meal there, and it was good.

Caring73270450 November 17, 2014

We lived in a senior facility called Sunrise of Montgomery, this facility has an arrangement with Life Matters, and Life Matters has people on staff here. They are here early in the morning, and they are care providers so when I have some difficulty with my wife, I can call and get help from them, and they will arrange somebody. They have both levels of care, but we are in the independent facility.

We have been here about 8 months now I think, and it's going fine. We have a two bedroom apartment, full kitchen, one bath; the second bedroom really doubles as an office for me. I have got a single bed in here, and we have a living room. We’ve got a gym and an outside recreation area. It’s a very nice facility. We have one meals here; they prepare meals for us. We are very happy with it.

Caring95455150 October 17, 2014

I picked Sunrise because it was not huge. My sister doesn’t walk well, so I thought there wouldn’t be so much walking to get wherever she want to be. The staff is friendly, and the food is outstanding. There happened to be a two bedroom apartment and they have done quite a lot of things, there is a place here where there is a winer,y so they went for a wine tasting, they take them to mass in the morning on Sunday, they have ice cream parties, they had bingo every night, arts classes, and jewelry making. I think it’s a great place, and I would recommend it.

Margaret44 September 04, 2014

I moved in on June 23rd. I'm at Sunrise. The first thing was the cost. I can't say it's affordable because it is still expensive for me -- I have a fixed income, but it is more affordable than the others. I like the spirit of the residents there. On the whole, they're largely respectful of each other. Most of the time, people are polite and they're interested in each other. The staff largely treats everyone like family as if they were related to the residents.

I have a single room: a bedroom, a living room, a kitchen, and a bathroom. It is a good size, and not teeny. I have been using some of their furniture and slowly moving in with my own while having theirs removed at the same time. It is cleaned once a week by staff. Everybody has Bingo and trivia. Today, a piano player came to play a concert. There are exercises; there's dancing; there are dominoes. There is a Shabbat for the Jewish people once a week. There are masses and prayers for all denominations. The bus is available for us to go to our churches on Sunday as well as for rides to see the areas nearby, to go to the doctor, or to go shopping.

Diane88717550 June 30, 2014

We enjoyed visiting Sunrise for the second time. The facility is well cared for and there was plenty of activity going on. The Independent Living folks seem to have lots to do. I did not like that the Assisted Living residents were segregated to a floor away from the independent living. It does make sense from some points of view BUT facilities that manage to integrate these people seem to be more appealing to me. The rooms were adequate. But I would personally prefer more open rooms. I worried that my father could stay in his room and no one would ever check on him unless he didn't show up for a meal. The location is very nice and I would consider staying there myself as a independent living resident; but for assisted living, I have my reservations about it.

Mary84463550 May 11, 2014

My aunt's only been in Sunrise for maybe one month. Everything looks good. So far so good, and they're very attentive. The rooms are fine. Nothing outstanding. They're adequate. They do have a gym. There's nobody in there to supervise, so I feel like that's a little bit dangerous for her.

Caring82046650 April 02, 2014

We have visited Sunrise. I've been there twice and each time they've been very, very nice, helpful, very understanding and very compassionate. It just was out of our financial ballpark so we couldn't go there. The residents seemed happy and the staff was wonderful. They have a studio and a 2-bedroom and the one that we saw was the 2-bedroom and it was very nice. I like the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the facility.

Lindsey2 December 30, 2013

I was very impressed with Sunrise. It seemed like a great location. The person who gave me the tour was very helpful and knowledgeable. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. It sounded like they had a lot of activities for their residents.

shoxbox May 30, 2012

My experience with the assisted living provider was all around pretty good. The staff was very friendly and did all they could to make my uncle comfortable the whole time he was there. They also did a good job at accommodating to mine and my family's needs when we went to visit. They seemed to genuinely care about all of the residents there. Also the facility itself was overall well kept, occasionally some things would be dirty, but as a whole it was clean most of the time. The environment itself was usually cheerful so it was a very welcoming place.

brenna_bear April 25, 2012

I was surprisingly happy with this facility. I had always had a negative opinion of assisted living facilities because of horror stories I had heard on the news. My first visit to Sunrise, I was delighted by the elegance and decor in the lobby. I felt that this was a classy and upscale living facility. The apartments themselves were small, but clean and bright with large windows. The cafeteria was clean, neat and looked new. I enjoyed that there were landscaped places to sit outside. I enjoyed having tea there with my grandmother. There were often shuttles waiting outside of the main doors when I would arrive. These shuttles took residents on shopping trips and on entertainment outings. There was always something to do for the residents, whether trips by shuttle or activities planned in house. In the elevators were flyers for activities and social events happening nearly each evening. My grandmother, to my delight, never complained about the facility to me. She seemed to enjoy the workers and nurses that she came in contact with. I always liked visiting her at Sunrise Apartments, as it felt fresh, clean and welcoming to me. I liked that there was a sign-in for guests at the front desk. This helped me to feel that my grandmother was secure and protected while she lived here. The other residents I encountered seemed friendly and well-adjusted. I always saw smiles on their faces and they always recognized and said hello to my grandmother.

NikkiR November 24, 2011

I would like to give Sunrise a 5 star rating because the people there are so friendly and caring, but there is a cleanliness issue that needs to be addressed, and there have been errors in my mother's care, particularly with toilet care and keeping up with changes in medications.

From Sunrise at Montgomery Village

Located just minutes from Lakeforest Mall and Interstate 270, Sunrise at Montgomery Village sits in the quiet, neighborhood setting of Montgomery Village, a planned community. We pride ourselves in lots of community involvement, independent living, excellent resident care, and large spacious apartments.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Location of Sunrise at Montgomery Village