The Park Lane

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of The Park Lane

February 12, 2015

By Rae3

The Park Lane has memory care division which is what I needed for my mother. I chose this facility because it is close to my house, the food is very good, and the care is very good too. The rooms are very nice. There isn't a kitchenette because it is a memory care place, and they are not allowed to have the kitchenette or sink. There are three meals a day plus snacks. I'm very happy with this facility. Plus it is less expensive than the one we were in. They have live music and art classes. They go for walks everyday. My mom walks everyday, which is really great. They go on bus rides, like scenic drives. There are just all kinds of activities. My mom is so happy there, and she wasn't happy at the other place.

February 10, 2015

The Park Lane is like a hotel, and it is nice. I checked a comparative price on it, and I found it to be in line. In fact it was even less than the other facility I visited. The Park Lane is situated in an area in Monterey that you really couldn't just get out and walk. You have to get in a van or a taxi to get around because it is a bit remote being up on a hill. The people working there are very nice and very professional. Separated from the facility is what they call The Villas at the back which I found to be more amenable for me. Some of the units have you enter just from the ground level. That would be a nice place if you have a pet. The food was fine; it wasn't exceptional, but I wouldn't say anything negative about it.

January 17, 2015

By anonymous100440350

The Park Lane was very clean and comfortable. They were close to a lot of shopping areas. They had a lot of activities to offer. They had little casinos built inside, and I liked it. The staff and residents were very happy and friendly. It was very nice. I have tried the food, and it was good.

November 05, 2014

The Park Lane has poor service and inadequate staffing. The rooms are dated and improperly kept. They had poor housekeeping. I saw the food and I was not impressed. The security of the place is average.

August 07, 2014

By Holy Smoke

The physical plant itself is very nice. The interior reminds one of a better class hotel. The food is quite good and I enjoyed the food there. Selections are very good especially for dinner. Some residents there have been known to dress for dinner. There is a spa and and exercise room and there is entertainment throughout the week and other activities to keep one from getting bored. From that standpoint The Park Lane is quite a nice place to be if one does not need a certain level of care. Basic cleaning and laundering are provided as are entertainment rides. And allow me to tell you something else. Their memory care or assisted living areas are not what one would think it to be. I had a friend who was living there. When the friend's condition changed a bit, my friend was dumped simply because they did not have the people needed to provide the right kind of care. That was very sad as this friend had to be placed in another facility though adequate, is hardly as nice as The Park Lane. So beware. The place is pricey though not as pricey as some others in the general area. The place deep down is not quite the place that it appears to be.

May 11, 2013

By Hasine

I checked out The Park Lane because it was just five minutes from my son's house. I liked the facility because it was very clean and neat. The price was just right for a two-bedroom apartment. The staff were cordial and friendly. There were also many activities. The food was very good and they had a chef who prepared the menu each day.

April 24, 2013

We were quite happy with our stay at The Park Lane. We picked it among others because it was in a nice area. It was landscaped and there was a good view. The price was also lower compared to other places. My wife and I lived in an apartment which was on the second floor of the building. We had a bigger space compared to the other residents who were in rooms only. Everything was quite upscale. I liked the food, They had different menus and I was quite pleased with it. It was not buffet styled. We just sat down and they served us the food. There were musicians a couple of nights a week. There were also trips and other activities. We did any activity if we wanted to. It would be nice if the physical set-up was improved or remodeled for a modern look.

April 18, 2012

By Sheba1

My mother chose this facility. This is both an independent living and assisted living facility. Its a beautiful facility. The rooms are very nice. Its centrally located, they've got a van to take people around, a doctor who visits in, a beauty salon and a lot of activities. its very good. There's even a place where families can stay for the night but with an extra charge. They are now in the process of converting a floor to an Alzheimer's wing/floor.

Photos of The Park Lane

Features of The Park Lane

• Minimum Memory Cost: $6220/month

About The Park Lane

The Park Lane is an assisted living facility in Monterey, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Park Lane for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of The Park Lane