The Park Lane

200 Glenwood Circle, Monterey, CA, 93940

Reviews of The Park Lane

Caring102145450 February 10, 2015

The Park Lane is like a hotel, and it is nice. I checked a comparative price on it, and I found it to be in line. In fact it was even less than the other facility I visited. The Park Lane is situated in an area in Monterey that you really couldn't just get out and walk. You have to get in a van or a taxi to get around because it is a bit remote being up on a hill. The people working there are very nice and very professional. Separated from the facility is what they call The Villas at the back which I found to be more amenable for me. Some of the units have you enter just from the ground level. That would be a nice place if you have a pet. The food was fine; it wasn't exceptional, but I wouldn't say anything negative about it.

anonymous100440350 January 17, 2015

The Park Lane was very clean and comfortable. They were close to a lot of shopping areas. They had a lot of activities to offer. They had little casinos built inside, and I liked it. The staff and residents were very happy and friendly. It was very nice. I have tried the food, and it was good.

Caring96596450 November 05, 2014

The Park Lane has poor service and inadequate staffing. The rooms are dated and improperly kept. They had poor housekeeping. I saw the food and I was not impressed. The security of the place is average.

Holy Smoke August 07, 2014

The physical plant itself is very nice. The interior reminds one of a better class hotel. The food is quite good and I enjoyed the food there. Selections are very good especially for dinner. Some residents there have been known to dress for dinner.
There is a spa and and exercise room and there is entertainment throughout the week and other activities to keep one from getting bored. From that standpoint The Park Lane is quite a nice place to be if one does not need a certain level of care.

Basic cleaning and laundering are provided as are entertainment rides.

And allow me to tell you something else. Their memory care or assisted living areas are not what one would think it to be.

I had a friend who was living there. When the friend's condition changed a bit, my friend was dumped simply because they did not have the people needed to provide the right kind of care. That was very sad as this friend had to be placed in another facility though adequate, is hardly as nice as The Park Lane.

So beware. The place is pricey though not as pricey as some others in the general area. The place deep down is not quite the place that it appears to be.

Hasine May 11, 2013

I checked out The Park Lane because it was just five minutes from my son's house. I liked the facility because it was very clean and neat. The price was just right for a two-bedroom apartment. The staff were cordial and friendly. There were also many activities. The food was very good and they had a chef who prepared the menu each day.

Caring4816 April 24, 2013

We were quite happy with our stay at The Park Lane. We picked it among others because it was in a nice area. It was landscaped and there was a good view. The price was also lower compared to other places. My wife and I lived in an apartment which was on the second floor of the building. We had a bigger space compared to the other residents who were in rooms only. Everything was quite upscale. I liked the food, They had different menus and I was quite pleased with it. It was not buffet styled. We just sat down and they served us the food. There were musicians a couple of nights a week. There were also trips and other activities. We did any activity if we wanted to. It would be nice if the physical set-up was improved or remodeled for a modern look.

Sheba1 April 18, 2012

My mother chose this facility. This is both an independent living and assisted living facility. Its a beautiful facility. The rooms are very nice. Its centrally located, they've got a van to take people around, a doctor who visits in, a beauty salon and a lot of activities. its very good. There's even a place where families can stay for the night but with an extra charge. They are now in the process of converting a floor to an Alzheimer's wing/floor.

About The Park Lane

The Park Lane is an assisted living facility in Monterey, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Park Lane for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of The Park Lane