The Village at South Farms

645 Saybrook Road, Middletown, CT, 06457

Reviews of The Village at South Farms

December 03, 2013

By sue114

We were looking for a place that my dad could have his own place, socialization and care if he needed it. He wanted to stay in Middletown where he has lived for over 40 years. After a few years of living here we were concerned with his short term memory. He was diagnosed with dementia. We were able to keep him there but transitioned him into the memory care. It has been the best decision! Great place and people!

November 28, 2013

I thought that everybody at The Village at South Farms was very nice, courteous, and happy, which is unusual. They're cheerful actually. I didn't meet the behind-the-scenes staff; I just met their director. The facility was a little pricey; however, it was a good and comfortable setting. Their rooms were of adequate size. I would recommend this place. However, including the price, I would just give them an average score.

July 28, 2012

By peter sean

My grandfather fell down the steps at home and got his leg broken. We ended up looking for assisted living facilities in the area. We took him to a few of the facilities located in the area, and "The Village at South Farms in Middletown, CT" by far was the best one. The facility is very well decorated and maintained making you feel as if you were in a mansion and living a fine life. There are giant chandeliers and a grand piano in the foyer which provides an elegant appeal to the place. The staff is as friendly as can be and he never had a problem with them. The residents are very well respected by staff and enjoy their company. The staff is responsible to help residents maneuver around the facility and let them participate in what ever program they would like. Everything a resident could want is available easily within the facility. The Village at South Farms has lavish gardens surrounding the facility which offers an eye catching view outside. Residents can sit outside and enjoy the natural beauty. I would recommend this facility for loved ones.

Thank you very much for your kind words! Statements such as yours mean everything to us as we take great pride in the trust families place in us. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team and of their dedication to the individual needs of every resident. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion.

Photos of The Village at South Farms

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8 To 1
  • Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: State licensure with Department of Public Health

About The Village at South Farms

The Village at South Farms in Middletown, CT, is a cozy "country estate" with a panoramic valley view that residents may enjoy from the southern-style veranda overlooking the expansive lawns. Lavish gardens surround the community and provide the setting for shaded outdoor seating and walking areas. A terrace off the main dining room offers seasonal patio dining and a year-round view of the campus and the Connecticut River Valley.

The Village at South Farms offers Assisted Living and Assisted Living for the Memory Impaired.

Community sits where it overlooks the valley in Middletown. There is a fish tank for the resident's enjoyment as well as multiple libraries well stocked with books and puzzles.

Map of The Village at South Farms