Diamond View Assisted Living

3570 East Amity, Meridian, ID, 83642

Reviews of Diamond View Assisted Living

Caring78829050 February 28, 2014

I think the meals they serve are crappy. They seem to care about their patients, but the food that they serve is not nutritious and not appetite looking. We've been there when my father-in-law have had meals, and he complained about how horrible it was. He won't even eat them half the time because they're just very poor quality. Those are the high priority issues to me. Good nutrition is very important.

The facility is very close to my brother-in-law, so he visits him a lot. The staff we met and talked to were friendly and nice, so there's no problem with that. I think the rooms are small. He's in a 1-bedroom with a large bed, because he's over 6 foot tall and probably weighs 250 lbs. But there's just enough room for TV, the bed, to get into the bathroom. They didn't have anything available and the room is in the very back of the whole building. He has to walk to the front. I'm not happy with that because that hurts his leg. He doesn't participate in any of the activities. But they keep a close eye on him and make sure he's okay.

The one thing I don't like about it is they have escape routes, which is good. But you go out the door, at the end of the building the walkways is about 10 feet and then there's a gate. So if you have to escape because the place is on fire, you can only get to the gate. The gate is locked. How are they supposed to get over the gate to get away from a burning building? To me, that's a hazard. I work for the fire department, and I find that to be an extreme hazard. That does worry me. Maybe they think they will never have a fire and maybe they never will, but it only takes one.

Lynda8 October 17, 2013

I visited Diamond View and though the lady who took me for a tour was nice, I didn't like it. I thought it was noisy and they had a dog wondering around which I thought was not good. The rooms were small. The people were sharing bathrooms.

concerned17 October 28, 2012

I was not impressed by their RN constantly changing my mother's medications and not administering them to her and other residents as the doctor had prescribed them. I know facilities are allowed a 1 hour window to both sides of when a doctor prescribes the time it needs to be taken but when you only serve breakfast during certain hours and the doctor says the medicine must be administered to the patient 30 minutes before meals and they don't get you the medications until a half hour to an hour after they stop serving breakfast is ridiculous. This facility is way to large for the amount of staff they have to resident ratio. When I witnessed a resident that was not ambulatory and asked staff to wheel her back to her room they told her no that it was almost time for lunch anyway and that she would have to stay put. They even said they were too busy. My heart breaks for anyone that truly needs help and is put here.

About Diamond View Assisted Living

Diamond View Assisted Living is an assisted living facility in Meridian, ID that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Diamond View Assisted Living for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Diamond View Assisted Living